Noow heear this!! DeBlasio bureaucrats to fine businesses that fail to use 'correct' gender pronouns

Ahhhh, another Urban legend debunked.

New NYC Laws Prohibit Discrimination Against Transgender Community

Discrimination against a transgender individual could result in fines of up to $250,000, but these fines won't be handed out for accidentally misusing pronouns. According to the new guidelines, the commission can impose civil penalties of up to $125,000 for violations of the law and (in extreme circumstances) of up to $250,000 for violations that are the result of "willful, wanton, or malicious" conduct.

that isn't any better.

New York businesses face hefty penalties for ‘misgendering’ customers

Greeting customers as “Mr.” or “Mrs.” — or even not using the pronoun “ze” or “zir” — could prove costly for New York City businesses under rules drafted by Mayor Bill de Blasio’s bureaucrats.

The Gotham mayor’s Commission on Human Rights says entities that fail to address customers by their preferred gender pronouns and titles are in violation of the law and could be subject to penalties of up to $250,000.

The commission issued a “legal enforcement guidance” for the New York City Human Rights Law, which now “requires employers and converted entities to use an individual’s preferred name, pronoun and title (e.g., Ms./Mrs.) regardless of the individual’s sex assigned at birth, anatomy, gender, medical history, appearance, or the sex indicated on the individual’s identification.”

Bill de Blasio, NYC mayor, to fine businesses that fail to use correct gender pronouns

Now we see what all of the "transgender" crap was all about. Another excuse to attack small business owners around the nation.

If a business uses the wrong pronoun? They could be fined $250K?

Just in case you needed another reason to despise the left. If you cannot see what this is all about, you are a blind hack.
How hard is it to be polite? It isn't so do so.

You sidestepping the issue under discussion, douche bag.
The issue is, don't be an asshole and you won't be facing a fine.

If Bob says please call me Jennifer, just do it. It won't harm you or lead to the end of civilization as we know it.

So if I want to be called "His High holiness, Began the IXIIVIIIXI, Lord of all he see's" and you refuse to call me that, government should be able to fine your ass?

If Bob says please call me Jennifer, just do it. It won't harm you or lead to the end of civilization as we know it.

Being an asshole is my right. If I tell Bob that I will be calling him Bob, it won't harm Bob or lead to the end of civilization.

But it will hurt his/her/it's feelings, and remember, if you are part of a protected calls, your feelings outweigh my feelings.

Greeting customers as “Mr.” or “Mrs.” — or even not using the pronoun “ze” or “zir” — could prove costly for New York City businesses under rules drafted by Mayor Bill de Blasio’s bureaucrats.

The Gotham mayor’s Commission on Human Rights says entities that fail to address customers by their preferred gender pronouns and titles are in violation of the law and could be subject to penalties of up to $250,000.

The commission issued a “legal enforcement guidance” for the New York City Human Rights Law, which now “requires employers and converted entities to use an individual’s preferred name, pronoun and title (e.g., Ms./Mrs.) regardless of the individual’s sex assigned at birth, anatomy, gender, medical history, appearance, or the sex indicated on the individual’s identification.”

Bill de Blasio, NYC mayor, to fine businesses that fail to use correct gender pronouns

Now we see what all of the "transgender" crap was all about. Another excuse to attack small business owners around the nation.

Just in case you needed another reason to despise the left. If you cannot see what this is all about, you are a blind hack.

good post. We have radical muslims blowing planes out of the sky, beheading Christians, and murdering anyone who is not muslim: and the fricken dems are worried about gender pronouns, tranny bathrooms, and a hoax of man made global warming.

Liberalism is a mental disease, there is no other answer.

So if I want to be called "His High holiness, Began the IXIIVIIIXI, Lord of all he see's" and you refuse to call me that, government should be able to fine your ass?
Don't be childish. You people truly need to just grow up.

The left has finally torn off its mask and revealed itself as the Stalinist beast it always was, but attempted to conceal.

They are destroying people now, and it's a Reign of Terror on the internet, in the workplace, and in the world of business. They aren't killing people yet (YET), but they are getting people fired, getting them expelled from college, and destroying their business contracts.

The recent victory in the Supreme Court for same-sex marriage has given them the confidence to throw off all sense of restraint and proportion, and to go for the ruthless kill. The next item on the agenda, revealed in Time Magazine, is to rob the churches of tax-free status, to punish them for their resistance to the radical LGBT agenda.

These people are out for blood, and it will not be long before they are locking people up and sending them to re-education camps to teach them to be more "sensitive" about LGBT issues.

I saw the danger when I was in law school more than 20 years ago. A fellow conservative, who was President of our pro-life club, told me we could not win on these issues, and we should not even try. I told her then, and I believe it now, that these issues are more important than abortion, and now my view has been vindicated with the left's use of the LGBT agenda to terrorize and destroy people, which has never happened with the abortion issue.

Because you can be openly pro-life, and still hold down a job, and do business, and you will not be blackballed. But people who oppose the radical LGBT agenda are destroyed. The only reason I can say any of this on this forum is because it's anonymous.
When you piss into the wind, you can expect to be pissed on.

So, opposing Stalinism is "pissing into the wind?" You would make a perfect concentration camp guard. I'll bet you would shoot a pregnant woman if your superior ordered you to.
Have you never heard you can't fight city hall? Do grow up please.
So if president Trump makes it law you have to pray to God three times a day, or be imprisoned. You will follow the law?
That law would not be constitutional. Besides, Trump doesn't pray.

Don't be childish.

LOL, and making government punish people for using the wrong pronoun ISN"T childish?

1. I'll call you whatever I want to call you
2. If you are nice, i may accommodate, if you are not, fuck off.
3. If you disagree, do something yourself, don't go running to government like a twat.

Don't be childish. You people truly need to just grow up.
:alcoholic:

Discrimination is telling someone to leave your store without good reasin. It is NOT a failure to use an artificial, made up, language. There are no words in any language like ze or zir. Now this nonsense is being imposed on everyone. Not to mention that everyone gets to choose a different pronoun. This is so ridiculous it defies description. History will record this as the crazy years.

Utter fucking nonsense. I can see the argument for forcing public buildings and/or employers to not discriminate based on gender or gender orientation, as it limits opportunities and is discriminatory.

Fining businesses because they don't call a customer with a dick Sally is ridiculous. That isn't discrimination of any kind.

Another shining example of the slippery slope, creeping gradualism of the left. It is never fucking enough. Never.

Don't be childish.

LOL, and making government punish people for using the wrong pronoun ISN"T childish?
Are fire codes childish? Public Accommodation laws childish?

If you people would stop acting like children, there wouldn't be so many laws that treat you like children.

Discrimination is telling someone to leave your store without good reasin. It is NOT a failure to use an artificial, made up, language. There are no words in any language like ze or zir. Now this nonsense is being imposed on everyone. Not to mention that everyone gets to choose a different pronoun. This is so ridiculous it defies description. History will record this as the crazy years.

A quibble, discrimination is asking someone to leave your store for very specific not good reasons. For others you can do whatever you want.

That is not what this is, and you people are very childish.

1st Amendment. Freedom of speech. People who are struggling financially should go into NY NY and start calling everyone ma'am or sir as they see fit. Then wait to be fined. Then sue the living crap out of the city of New York and Deblasio... Enough lawsuits and the emperor of New York might think twice about attempting to make as a matter of law, the suppression of people's civil rights, under any umbrella...including so-called "hate speech". Calling a woman "ma'am" or a man "sir" doesn't qualify. You can't legally require sane people to enable insane people to retool the english language under threat of a fine.

Forum List

Back