North Carolina approves amendment banning gay marriage

There is no right to marry. no rights are being lost.

You'd be saying the opposite if only gays could marry and heteros couldn't, you'd be on capitol hill with a torch and pitch fork.

But since a liberty is being denied to people you don't like, you think it's a good thing.

That would be abnormal it's not how things have been done.

Beyond that, they've borrowed Shillian's crystal ball and are making predictions they can't justify.

It's all bullcrap just because people decided they want to have SOME contraints on what they consider to be basic institutions.

Most gays I know just wish the whole subject would go away. They get tired of the press.

Again.

You're not denying a "right" to refuse to reward everybody for a behavior that is specific to a particular group.

You're not violating the rights of drop outs by refusing to give them a BS.

And you're not violating the rights of gays by refusing to give them the benefits we afford hetero married couples. They aren't a hetero married couple, they lose out on the benefits that are there to promote what is the #1 construct we have to ensure success of children. We afford special privileges to married couples because as a society, we want more of them.

You don't have to get married. You can choose not to.

And if you choose not to, you won't be afforded the perks of participating in that particular construct. It's your choice.

Call me crazy, but when I get married I won't view it as "government rewarding me for my heterosexual behavior."

What a nut job.

It doesn't matter what you view it as, it is what it is.

We offer perks to married couples because it is in our best interests to encourage stable, traditional families.

Homosexual couples don't fit the definition. They are free to live outside the construct, but they aren't entitled to the perks we afford if they do. Their rights aren't being violated, they just made a choice not to participate.

You'd be saying the opposite if only gays could marry and heteros couldn't, you'd be on capitol hill with a torch and pitch fork.

But since a liberty is being denied to people you don't like, you think it's a good thing.

Plz stop calling yourself a libertarian. We libertarians don't advocate for gov't to decide for us who's abnormal and who isn't.
I'm not a hard core libertarian, I have my cut off with right normal and abnormal do you agree that abnormal rights should not be protected rights?
Pedophiles, Bestiality, Bigamist? should people be allowed to marry at any age?

Again.

You're not denying a "right" to refuse to reward everybody for a behavior that is specific to a particular group.

And you're not violating the rights of gays by refusing to give them a marriage certificate, that will entitle them to the benefits we afford hetero married couples. They aren't a hetero married couple, they lose out on the benefits that are there to promote what is the #1 construct we have to ensure success of children. We afford special privileges to married couples because as a society, we want more of them.

And if you choose not to, you won't be afforded the perks of participating in that particular construct. It's your choice.

Kosher - what they did in NC is rigidly define a social norm that 6/10ths of the population held, reducing the power of the individual and an individual's right to choose.

It's a left-leaning, choice-reducing, liberty diminishing, & government expanding measure.

Congrats NC. Sad day for America... a "collective" step towards tyranny and communism....

Last edited:

No, it's not abnormal. The psychiatric classification of homosexuality as a disease is long gone. Homosexual behavior has been decided by the courts as a private act, and therefor no more illegal that heterosexual behavior. You live way back in the past.

Last edited:
Again.

And you're not violating the rights of gays by refusing to give them the benefits we afford hetero married couples. They aren't a hetero married couple, they lose out on the benefits that are there to promote what is the #1 construct we have to ensure success of children. We afford special privileges to married couples because as a society, we want more of them.

Call me crazy, but when I get married I won't view it as "government rewarding me for my heterosexual behavior."

What a nut job.

It doesn't matter what you view it as, it is what it is.

We offer perks to married couples because it is in our best interests to encourage stable, traditional families.

Homosexual couples don't fit the definition. They are free to live outside the construct, but they aren't entitled to the perks we afford if they do. Their rights aren't being violated, they just made a choice not to participate.

Gays don't need marriage to have children.

Just say you don't want gays to have eqaul liberties because you're a homophobe. No one buys your bullshit rationalization. We know you hate gays, you know you hate gays, just give honesty a try for once.

Reb, we're just going to move forward without you.

Do you ever post more than 10 words at a time.

You've got 9,000 posts....one of these days one of them will be meaningful.

Do some digging, you'll find out.

On the other hand, you use lots of words, and rarely say anything worth repeating. So there's that measure of worth.

It's normal it's been like this since man and woman started having children.
Why aren't humans asexual?

I'm saying both being gay and having blue eyes is abnormal if that's how you want to use the term. Both happen the minority of time in nature.

But I'm not being denied any liberty because I'm blue eyed, it's gays who are.

that is 100% false ...

Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival.... To deny this fundamental freedom on so unsupportable a basis as the racial classifications embodied in these statutes, classifications so directly subversive of the principle of equality at the heart of the Fourteenth Amendment, is surely to deprive all the State's citizens of liberty without due process of law. The Fourteenth Amendment requires that the freedom of choice to marry not be restricted by invidious racial discrimination. Under our Constitution, the freedom to marry, or not marry, a person of another race resides with the individual and cannot be infringed by the State.

Loving v. Virginia | The Oyez Project at IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law

She's just trolling. When she's outgunned, she fixates on minutia, and rushes to abuse the rep system.

She's gained 20 points in the last 2 days. That's almost impossible.

No, it's not. I know it's not going to be a possibility for you - but I've made friends on both sides of the fence. I make people laugh, and I have fun. I pos rep across the aisle.

And wtf are you doing tracking my rep?

"Marriage" is between a man and a woman, and it that construct they are referencing.

Plz stop calling yourself a libertarian. We libertarians don't advocate for gov't to decide for us who's abnormal and who isn't.
I'm not a hard core libertarian, I have my cut off with right normal and abnormal do you agree that abnormal rights should not be protected rights?
Pedophiles, Bestiality, Bigamist? should people be allowed to marry at any age?

Those are without a consenting party. I dunno how many times we real libertarians have to repeat that for it to get through.

"Abnormal rights" aka minority rights should be protected. It's abnormal to own a gun, doesn't mean it's legal to ban them.

She's just trolling. When she's outgunned, she fixates on minutia, and rushes to abuse the rep system.

No, it's not. I know it's not going to be a possibility for you - but I've made friends on both sides of the fence. I make people laugh, and I have fun. I pos rep across the aisle.

I noticed it after your stupid neg rep to me bragging about how you had "blasted" past me.

No, it's not abnormal. The psychiatric classification of homosexuality as a disease is long gone. Homosexual behavior has been decided by the courts as a private act, and therefor no more illegal that heterosexual behavior. You live way back in the past.

Polygamy is a private act but do people have the right to marry more than one person? Is it normal to want to marry more than one person at a time?
Bestiality is a private act but is it normaL?

I'm saying both being gay and having blue eyes is abnormal if that's how you want to use the term. Both happen the minority of time in nature.

But I'm not being denied any liberty because I'm blue eyed, it's gays who are.

that is 100% false ...

Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival.... To deny this fundamental freedom on so unsupportable a basis as the racial classifications embodied in these statutes, classifications so directly subversive of the principle of equality at the heart of the Fourteenth Amendment, is surely to deprive all the State's citizens of liberty without due process of law. The Fourteenth Amendment requires that the freedom of choice to marry not be restricted by invidious racial discrimination. Under our Constitution, the freedom to marry, or not marry, a person of another race resides with the individual and cannot be infringed by the State.

Loving v. Virginia | The Oyez Project at IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law

Is this the "They'll say anything" portion of the festivities?

I noticed it after your stupid neg rep to me bragging about how you had "blasted" past me.

Noticed? Yes. "She's gained 20 points in two days?" Stalking.

Reb, we're just going to move forward without you.

On the other hand, you use lots of words, and rarely say anything worth repeating. So there's that measure of worth.

Two lines ? Wow.

You and Franco must be attending the same classes.

Don't hurt yourself.

Two lines ? Wow.

You and Franco must be attending the same classes.

Don't hurt yourself.

Stop sulking, you'll get wrinkles.

Also: Did you know? When people start attacking posting style, it's because they've lost the fight.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Forum List

Back