North Carolina approves amendment banning gay marriage

There are several states that do recognize same sex marriages, why not try one of those states?

Okay, where did everybody get the idea I was looking to move?

Why are you bitching about North Carolina? If you don't live here don't move here or be concerned with how this state MY STATE is run.

Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot? Show me bitching about NC.

I'm advocating for gay marriage, irrespective of what your state just did.

I've been advocating for years. Irrespective of what your state just did.

Have some salt peter, maybe you can get some blood flow back to your brain.

It's normal it's been like this since man and woman started having children.
Why aren't humans asexual?

I'm saying both being gay and having blue eyes is abnormal if that's how you want to use the term. Both happen the minority of time in nature.

But I'm not being denied any liberty because I'm blue eyed, it's gays who are.

There is no right to marry. no rights are being lost.

You'd be saying the opposite if only gays could marry and heteros couldn't, you'd be on capitol hill with a torch and pitch fork.

But since a liberty is being denied to people you don't like, you think it's a good thing.

See here we are again with the "this is my argument, so I'll make up a position for you, so I can use it".

It has nothing to do with reality, but reason isn't the pooper's strong suit.

Okay, where did everybody get the idea I was looking to move?

Why are you bitching about North Carolina? If you don't live here don't move here or be concerned with how this state MY STATE is run.

You're advocating your will against a state you don't even live in? WTF?

You're advocating your will against a state you don't even live in? WTF?

minority rights never succeed when voted on.

that's why RIGHTS shouldn't be up for a vote.

People who claim that rights are inherant shouldn't even try to restrict those rights.

right?

I'm saying both being gay and having blue eyes is abnormal if that's how you want to use the term. Both happen the minority of time in nature.

But I'm not being denied any liberty because I'm blue eyed, it's gays who are.

You'd be saying the opposite if only gays could marry and heteros couldn't, you'd be on capitol hill with a torch and pitch fork.

But since a liberty is being denied to people you don't like, you think it's a good thing.

That would be abnormal it's not how things have been done.

I can hear North Carolina collectively heaving a sigh of relief.

For what? Increasing the size and power of government (by rigidly defining social norms into law)? For voting away their right to choose as an individual?

I thought Americans like to live under an unbiased government that gives us MORE choices vs LESS choices.

How about we name a few other countries where the government doesn't give its citizens a lot of choices? I'll start with Iran & North Korea.

Funny those people who voted away those rights probably identify as on the "right" side of the political spectrum, and don't even realize they're actually supporting extreme-left policy.

Last edited:
Again.

You're not denying a "right" to refuse to reward everybody for a behavior that is specific to a particular group.

You're not violating the rights of drop outs by refusing to give them a BS.

And you're not violating the rights of gays by refusing to give them a marriage certificate, that will entitle them to the benefits we afford hetero married couples. They aren't a hetero married couple, they lose out on the benefits that are there to promote what is the #1 construct we have to ensure success of children. We afford special privileges to married couples because as a society, we want more of them.

You don't have to get married. You can choose not to.

And if you choose not to, you won't be afforded the perks of participating in that particular construct. It's your choice.

That would be abnormal it's not how things have been done.

Plz stop calling yourself a libertarian. We libertarians don't advocate for gov't to decide for us who's abnormal and who isn't.

Again.

You're not denying a "right" to refuse to reward everybody for a behavior that is specific to a particular group.

You're not violating the rights of drop outs by refusing to give them a BS.

And you're not violating the rights of gays by refusing to give them the benefits we afford hetero married couples. They aren't a hetero married couple, they lose out on the benefits that are there to promote what is the #1 construct we have to ensure success of children. We afford special privileges to married couples because as a society, we want more of them.

You don't have to get married. You can choose not to.

And if you choose not to, you won't be afforded the perks of participating in that particular construct. It's your choice.

Call me crazy, but when I get married I won't view it as "government rewarding me for my heterosexual behavior."

What a nut job.

She's just trolling. When she's outgunned, she fixates on minutia, and rushes to abuse the rep system.

She's gained 20 points in the last 2 days. That's almost impossible.

It's not even that it has no value.

It's that it's not a beneficial social construct, as hetero marriage is.

If people want to function outside the accepted and venerated social construct that we reward, that's fine..they shouldn't be penalized for doing so, and they should be free to do so...but they shouldn't get the rewards we, as a society, grant the favored social construct (marriage). We as a society offer incentives to people to engage in hetero marriage because we want to encourage that behavior, as we recognize it as beneficial to us as a society.

I mean...we don't give kids who work at McDonald's the same tax breaks that we give billionaires. They aren't operating as billionaires, they haven't participated in that particular beneficial construct (as employers, innovators, enterpreneurs)...so we don't give them the benefits those guys have earned. They work just the same, they're people just the same....but we reward particular behavior. And that doesn't mean that every person in the world is "entitled" to that reward.

There's no social benefit for a person to form a union with another person to decide the next of kin status, and all the rights and responsibilities that go along with that? Are you out of your skull?

Forum List

Back