Zone1 This is Probably Biggest Difference of all Between Catholic and Protestant Bibles

Well, you don't practice Protestantism, and Protestants don't practice Catholicism. So, it's all good. We all do the best we can.
If everyone did the best he or she could, this world would be much more livable.. Maybe you do, but I'd say 80% of people do not. Wait, maybe 100% of us do not. We could all do better. We Americans in particular waste a lot of time doing "friv".. watching sports, etc.. while the country falls apart... Not enough people watch the news, and yet they vote.. and I could go on and on

Pentance is an act of the person repenting. That includes making restitution. There is no contradiction here. Just a word that still includes acts of the repenter.
Well, you spelled the word incorrectly (it is Penance) but in any case, I'm not sure the point you're making. I agree it involves restitution. If you steal, give back what you stole. If you can't do that for some reason, you can offer prayers for the person ripped off and sacrifice something you like (ice cream on Sunday or what have you) in reparation for your sin. One of my favorite (true) saints is St Benedict Labre who.. well, I can't think of another saint who sacrificed so much.. in fact, he sacrificed his whole life living as a homeless person. I tend think he went to extremes, certainly did things I can't see myself doing, but no one can say he didn't give up the world and the flesh.. have often wondered how his fight w/ the devil went..

Protestants say Jesus didn't really mean it when he taught his disciples to "eat my body and drink my blood."

Protestants allow divorce and remarriage, they didn't used to.
some of them allow abortion at certain stages of the pregnancy and soon, many of them will begin to accept the same position on abortion as the world does: up to the 9th month.

And the Vatican sect is just as anti-Catholic as Protestants are these days..

Well, you spelled the word incorrectly (it is Penance) but in any case, I'm not sure the point you're making. I agree it involves restitution. If you steal, give back what you stole. If you can't do that for some reason, you can offer prayers for the person ripped off and sacrifice something you like (ice cream on Sunday or what have you) in reparation for your sin. One of my favorite (true) saints is St Benedict Labre who.. well, I can't think of another saint who sacrificed so much.. in fact, he sacrificed his whole life living as a homeless person. I tend think he went to extremes, certainly did things I can't see myself doing, but no one can say he didn't give up the world and the flesh.. have often wondered how his fight w/ the devil went..
At the same time, we aren't to become burdens for others as well taking what they worked hard to get when we can ourselves feed ourselves, clothe ourselves and house ourselves. Not much of a saint in my eyes. Who did he help? It's like cursing your employer who is rich when he's giving you a job to feed your family, house them and clothe them.

At the same time, we aren't to become burdens for others as well taking what they worked hard to get when we can ourselves feed ourselves, clothe ourselves and house ourselves. Not much of a saint in my eyes. Who did he help? It's like cursing your employer who is rich when he's giving you a job to feed your family, house them and clothe them.
People need to read up on St LaBre. He did not impose on people and ate very little. He fasted a lot and that is why a certain monastery or monasteries rejected him, he was too weak to do the chores. He wanted to get to Heaven as soon as he could. It's possible he was a little off on some things.. Who among us is not? But he was canonized by the Church and that was in the days when a canonization was a real canonization. Anyone "canonized" after, say 1962 is not necessarily a saint and very likely is NOT. The Vatican was taken over some 65 years ago but its enemies who wanted power & control.. Anyone who doesn't believe me can look at what the last "popes" have done and taught. They are NOT Catholic.

I stopped at the first UN-truth

St Jerome "translated" the Word from the ancient Hebrew and Aramaic that Jesus spoke --into Latin. Then later the Latin was translated by others into English. I put quotes on "translated" because he actually TRANSCRIBED rather than translated, as he didn't want to mess with the original wording/meaning
You cannot 'transcribe' from one language to another, you can only transcribe from oral to written in the same language. I think it is well know that EVERY translation introduces some changes and there are examples of this in the Bible.

some of them allow abortion at certain stages of the pregnancy and soon, many of them will begin to accept the same position on abortion as the world does: up to the 9th month.

And the Vatican sect is just as anti-Catholic as Protestants are these days..
If you believe the Catholic Church is not really the Catholic Church then you're not a Catholic you're a Protestant.

If you believe the Catholic Church is not really the Catholic Church then you're not a Catholic you're a Protestant.
You don't understand a word of what I am saying... just like the Protestants here.

Catholics need to study the modern history of the Church (b4 condemning people who HAVE Studied it)

You cannot 'transcribe' from one language to another, you can only transcribe from oral to written in the same language. I think it is well know that EVERY translation introduces some changes and there are examples of this in the Bible.
So?

I used the right word. You are nitpicking.. not surprisngly

If everyone did the best he or she could, this world would be much more livable.. Maybe you do, but I'd say 80% of people do not. Wait, maybe 100% of us do not. We could all do better. We Americans in particular waste a lot of time doing "friv".. watching sports, etc.. while the country falls apart... Not enough people watch the news, and yet they vote.. and I could go on and on
People do the best they are able to do. In the days since Covid my graduate students are unable to flatten shipping boxes, where before Covid they could. I give them a pass for diminished capacity. :biggrin: They also seem depressed and are generally unfriendly.

People do the best they are able to do. In the days since Covid my graduate students are unable to flatten shipping boxes, where before Covid they could. I give them a pass for diminished capacity. :biggrin: They are also depressed and unfriendly.
I can't speak on this because I didn't take the vax and never will. Or are you saying it was covid that made them weak? OK.. I don't know if I had covid or not.. had this incident where I felt weak and lethargic for a few days, then got better but who knows? In any case, when the Virgin appeared to Melanie at LaSalette, France, she told them that in the last days.. well, it's a long, long story that you can Search.. a very interesting story, about how in the last days, "Rome will lose the faith" and the Catholic Church will be hard to find and etc..

I am sorry, I forgot the point I was trying to make.. LOL

Well, maybe God caused me to forget because he wants people to check out that visionary event at La Salette.. very interesting what Mary said about the anti-Christ..

People need to read up on St LaBre. He did not impose on people and ate very little. He fasted a lot and that is why a certain monastery or monasteries rejected him, he was too weak to do the chores. He wanted to get to Heaven as soon as he could. It's possible he was a little off on some things.. Who among us is not? But he was canonized by the Church and that was in the days when a canonization was a real canonization. Anyone "canonized" after, say 1962 is not necessarily a saint and very likely is NOT. The Vatican was taken over some 65 years ago but its enemies who wanted power & control.. Anyone who doesn't believe me can look at what the last "popes" have done and taught. They are NOT Catholic.
"Saints" in the Bible were merely baptized members of the Church of Jesus Christ. Nothing special.
To call someone a Saint like Catholics do that wanted to commit suicide if possible by starvation isn't a Saint.

"Saints" in the Bible were merely baptized members of the Church of Jesus Christ. Nothing special.
To call someone a Saint like Catholics do that wanted to commit suicide if possible by starvation isn't a Saint.
Well, you have the religion you choose

I have the religion God chose

Well, you have the religion you choose

I have the religion God chose
God didn't choose the Catholic Church. That church had long been in apostasy as Paul prophesied. The only church God has chosen since his resurrection is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as His Church needed to be restored after destroyed with the Catholics and others.

God didn't choose the Catholic Church. That church had long been in apostasy as Paul prophesied. The only church God has chosen since his resurrection is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as His Church needed to be restored after destroyed with the Catholics and others.
You don't like my religion so why do you post anything to me? If you think I will ditch the True Church for some man-made "church" so called

you are truly delusional. But I guess your leaders tell you to try to convert people. Well, that is a total waste of time w/ me.

Some translation errors are pretty big, most are not.
Saints do not err when transcribing the Word (as St Jerome did in the 4th century). You don't believe in saints.. well, that disbelief does not make them un-real or zap them into non-existence or what have u

Saints do not err when transcribing the Word (as St Jerome did in the 4th century). You don't believe in saints.. well, that disbelief does not make them un-real or zap them into non-existence or what have u
I don't believe in saints.. well, that disbelief just makes them human. If you want to believe Saints had supernatural guidance, no one, certainly not me, can say you're wrong.

I don't believe in saints.. well, that disbelief just makes them human. If you want to believe Saints had supernatural guidance, no one, certainly not me, can say you're wrong.
why do Protestants always just KNOW what Catholics think and believe, yet they don't study what Catholics believe.. ?

Wow.. very strange.

You have no clue what I think about saints. I haven't said much about them

Forum List

Back