🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

North Carolina is no longer classified as a democracy

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
NC has become a cesspool of festering christo fascism

No country has ever received as low a score as the 7/100 North Carolina received.

In 2005, in the midst of a career of traveling around the world to help set up elections in some of the most challenging places on earth – Afghanistan, Burma, Egypt, Lebanon, South Africa, Sudan and Yemen, among others – my Danish colleague, Jorgen Elklit, and I designed the first comprehensive method for evaluating the quality of elections around the world. Our system measured 50 moving parts of an election process and covered everything from the legal framework to the polling day and counting of ballots.

In 2012 Elklit and I worked with Pippa Norris of Harvard University, who used the system as the cornerstone of the Electoral Integrity Project. Since then the EIP has measured 213 elections in 153 countries and is widely agreed to be the most accurate method for evaluating how free and fair and democratic elections are across time and place.

When we evolved the project I could never imagine that as we enter 2017, my state, North Carolina, would perform so badly on this, and other, measures that we are no longer considered to be a fully functioning democracy.

In the just released EIP report, North Carolina’s overall electoral integrity score of 58/100 for the 2016 election places us alongside authoritarian states and pseudo-democracies like Cuba, Indonesia and Sierra Leone. If it were a nation state, North Carolina would rank right in the middle of the global league table – a deeply flawed, partly free democracy that is only slightly ahead of the failed democracies that constitute much of the developing world.

• Banned
Since the election, many commentators have raised the alarm about post-election efforts by North Carolina Republicans to limit the power of the incoming governor — a Democrat — in a lame-duck legislative session. The new reforms drastically reduce the number of officials the governor can appoint within state government, require legislative confirmation of Cabinet-level appointments, eliminate partisan majorities in the state board of elections and strip the governor of the power to make appointments to the University of North Carolina Board of Trustees.

These reforms, which largely rescind prior legislative grants of power to the governor, were hastily cobbled together and passed without significant deliberation. This is anything but responsible behavior. Yet, as seems lost on many commentators (including some historians), this sort of thing is par for the course in the Tarheel State.

What’s really the matter with North Carolina?

No country has ever received as low a score as the 7/100 North Carolina received.

In 2005, in the midst of a career of traveling around the world to help set up elections in some of the most challenging places on earth – Afghanistan, Burma, Egypt, Lebanon, South Africa, Sudan and Yemen, among others – my Danish colleague, Jorgen Elklit, and I designed the first comprehensive method for evaluating the quality of elections around the world. Our system measured 50 moving parts of an election process and covered everything from the legal framework to the polling day and counting of ballots.

In 2012 Elklit and I worked with Pippa Norris of Harvard University, who used the system as the cornerstone of the Electoral Integrity Project. Since then the EIP has measured 213 elections in 153 countries and is widely agreed to be the most accurate method for evaluating how free and fair and democratic elections are across time and place.

When we evolved the project I could never imagine that as we enter 2017, my state, North Carolina, would perform so badly on this, and other, measures that we are no longer considered to be a fully functioning democracy.

In the just released EIP report, North Carolina’s overall electoral integrity score of 58/100 for the 2016 election places us alongside authoritarian states and pseudo-democracies like Cuba, Indonesia and Sierra Leone. If it were a nation state, North Carolina would rank right in the middle of the global league table – a deeply flawed, partly free democracy that is only slightly ahead of the failed democracies that constitute much of the developing world.

It's been like a 3rd world country for a while now....the GOP there just re-confirmed it.

NC is still far more preferable to many countries in the world, including some in Europe.

You antiGodists need understand that the USA is a nation of generally Christians and that won't change.

Its like the Republicans in that state (and more in the south I'm sure) are like the Al Saud family. We rule with an iron fist and no one outside of the family will have a say.

Since the election, many commentators have raised the alarm about post-election efforts by North Carolina Republicans to limit the power of the incoming governor — a Democrat — in a lame-duck legislative session. The new reforms drastically reduce the number of officials the governor can appoint within state government, require legislative confirmation of Cabinet-level appointments, eliminate partisan majorities in the state board of elections and strip the governor of the power to make appointments to the University of North Carolina Board of Trustees.

These reforms, which largely rescind prior legislative grants of power to the governor, were hastily cobbled together and passed without significant deliberation. This is anything but responsible behavior. Yet, as seems lost on many commentators (including some historians), this sort of thing is par for the course in the Tarheel State.

What’s really the matter with North Carolina?

And if the tables were turned and the RaTz had done it, you'd be proclaiming its virtues. Remember where the RaTz held their national convention?

Poster Guno sets record low on human intelligence scale!

My colleague, Russ R. and I developed the most comprehensive test for intelligence. After reading GUNO's most recent post it has been determined that he is the stupidest person to ever live, and only ranks behind BO, Hellary and Willie Clinton on the arrogance scale.

How dare NC protect children from mental midgets who don't even know their correct gender.

We are not a democracy....we are a REPUBLIC....learn, grow, evolve...........

A democracy is where 50.001 percent can tell the other 49.999 percent that their GOD given rights can be changed or diluted per the whims of their leaders.

Hope this helps!!!!

A democracy is where 50.001 percent can tell the other 49.999 percent that their GOD given rights can be changed or diluted per the whims of their leaders.
Hope this helps!!!!
Whereas in a Republic 46% can rule the other 54% per the whims of their minority leaders.

Hope this helps!!!!

Its sad that someone who is ignorant of history and our political process would for one, be allowed to devise his own test for democracy, and two, be allowed to publish such nonsense.

Notice how he never mentions the dirty tricks that the city of Charlotte tried to pull over this. Fortunately the GOP were into them and foiled their efforts.

The liberals in Charlotte and Raleigh Durham should not be allowed to force their will on the rest of the state.

I and my colleague have, after much thoughtful consideration, developed a tool to determine common sense and general intelligence. We found North Carolina the score a 88/100 which could have been a lot higher if it wasn't for those two cities bringing the score down, plus the fact that they elected a Democrat governor.

Hope this helps!!!!
Whereas in a Republic 46% can rule the other 54% per the whims of their minority leaders.

No, there are certain God given rights that are not subject to the whims of "gubermint"......by the way, not only did Hitlery lose the electoral college vote, but she lost the popular vote as well when illegal and fraud is taken out of the mix...by my estimates? Trump won at least 65 percent of the vote and 380 electoral votes and that is being kind.....

It's what Trump and the GOP want for the rest of America.

And stop pretending you don't Alt Right. Lying makes you look like you have tiny hands and grabs pu$$y.

Hope this helps!!!!
No, there are certain God given rights that are not subject to the whims of "gubermint"......by the way, not only did Hitlery lose the electoral college vote, but she lost the popular vote as well when illegal and fraud is taken out of the mix...by my estimates? Trump won at least 65 percent of the vote and 380 electoral votes and that is being kind.....
f0ed023af7a0d21fd5da18c06eab8db3.jpg

Forum List

Back