North Charleston : Thug robs Waffle House; Concealed carry citizen shoots him. Crime solved!

Police: Armed customer thwarts robbery at Waffle House in North Charleston

Heart warming! Thug...likely a career criminal....robs a Waffle House.

CWP holder shoots the animal.

Crime solved. Countless other future ones prevented.

Was the customer shooting back ---- or just shooting?

Irrelevant.

You spelled "crucial" wrong.

At the time, the answer to that wasn't known, yet the OP went ahead with His Divine Judgment, rendering the accused, whose name he didn't even know, "an animal" As details came in to build the story the answer became known: the customer "opened fire". So apparently all the shooting came from that one source.

You're welcome. Don't mention it.
Too bad the police didn't consult with you because clearly, having never been to the crime scene or interviewed any participants, you see something they completely missed. You should call them up right now and illuminate their benighted investigation with your brilliant insights.

Irrelevant.

You spelled "crucial" wrong.

At the time, the answer to that wasn't known, yet the OP went ahead with His Divine Judgment, rendering the accused, whose name he didn't even know, "an animal" As details came in to build the story the answer became known: the customer "opened fire". So apparently all the shooting came from that one source.

You're welcome. Don't mention it.
Too bad the police didn't consult with you because clearly, having never been to the crime scene or interviewed any participants, you see something they completely missed. You should call them up right now and illuminate their benighted investigation with your brilliant insights.

Thank you. That's basically exactly what I told the OP.

It used to go something like "Judge not, that ye be not judged".
He still didn't get it though.

Apparently you missed this:

Good for them, and I agree with their policy. I ALSO would not allow a customer in my place of business to be armed after having been involved in a fight in the parking lot. All in all, I would say that Waffle House has a very good policy.As for some vigilante exchanging fire with a robber while I am eating breakfast there, I don't trust his aim and judgment any more than I trust the robber's intentions. I would prefer that people play Charles Bronson somewhere else, thank you.

That's a pretty absurd statement. The soldier has to qualify due to his military service AND he has to qualify for his CCW. The criminal on the other hand has a weapon, and is engaging in a violent crime and you think the soldier is as big a threat? You're a loon dude.

CCW qualification is a joke. Do you know a single person who paid the money but failed the qualification? Of course you don't. CCW just means you paid the money and sat in a very short class. It doesn't mean you aren't as likely to shoot an innocent bystander as your target.

I agree. But it is mandatory. I have attended multiple combat pistol classes at Gunsite and will happily put my skills up against anyone.

Good for you, but that doesn't make me feel better about some rambo wannabe who paid his money and wants to shoot what he thinks is a badguy as soon as he gets a chance. We both know there are a lot of those.

Lucky for me your cares and opinions don't matter. I have been carrying concealed for over 25 years. I attended Gunsite the first time back in the 1980's and was a regular student for around 10 years. Prior to that I was active in the precision rifle arena. In all the years I have been alive i have never sought out someone to kill. I had the opportunity and was involved in a shootout with bandits in Morocco back in the day. The trick there was to NOT kill anyone as that would have caused all sorts of long term trouble. So, the goal in that situation was to shoot as close to them as possible, to let them know that we actually COULD have shot them, but were choosing not too.

They got the hint and left fortunately.

Based on law enforcement stats your fear of a bunch of "Rambo's" is totally unfounded.

Does it matter?

Damn straight it does. Ask your attorney why if you try the same thing.
I'll ask my attorney when we meet at the gun range next week.

Yep. Ask any attorney....."If I see someone threatening me or another innocent person with a gun...can I defend myself or them with a gun"? 99% will say yes. The others....are fucking liberals.

True liberals appreciate gun laws.

You have them confused with far left Brownshirts.

Good for them, and I agree with their policy. I ALSO would not allow a customer in my place of business to be armed after having been involved in a fight in the parking lot. All in all, I would say that Waffle House has a very good policy.As for some vigilante exchanging fire with a robber while I am eating breakfast there, I don't trust his aim and judgment any more than I trust the robber's intentions. I would prefer that people play Charles Bronson somewhere else, thank you.

That's a pretty absurd statement. The soldier has to qualify due to his military service AND he has to qualify for his CCW. The criminal on the other hand has a weapon, and is engaging in a violent crime and you think the soldier is as big a threat? You're a loon dude.

CCW qualification is a joke. Do you know a single person who paid the money but failed the qualification? Of course you don't. CCW just means you paid the money and sat in a very short class. It doesn't mean you aren't as likely to shoot an innocent bystander as your target.

In AZ, where I live, there is no "Qualification". You fill out a form, write a check, and walk out with a CCW. Since even that is not required here, few people even bother to do that. Nevada stoped reciprocating CCW authorizations with AZ on CCW's.

Yup. Nevada requires you to demonstrate a level of skill with your weapon.

What level of skill? No time limit, and no limit on the times you repeat. You can keep shooting till the last shots fired add up to 70%. The only skill required is being able to pay the money.
Someone who had never seen a gun could plan on spending half a day to meet that standard.
CCW Reno Frequently Asked Questions

Time limit. Ranges of 7 and 15 yards. And the level of difficulty depends on who is doing the training. Some are better than others. The MAJORITY of people carrying weapons are very familiar with them and have much higher levels of training than law enforcement. Much higher. There are some newbies though. No question about that.

He ain't dead yet, and I didn't know the punishment for robbery was death?

What you don't know could fill a gas tanker.

The punishment for waving a loaded gun at people is that one of them might wave one back.

Sucks to think people are not the wimp you are.

Then you are too irresponsible to carry a gun. A responsible gun owner would never draw and fire without being CERTAIN of the situation. If I were to do so....the situation would have to be obvious or else i wouldn't draw. No responsible CWP would. Meaning....if it was in the same room as you...it should ALSO be obvious to you too....if you were aware of your surroundings.

However...if you're carrying....but aren't paying enough attention to your surroundings to see the obvious....then you're too stupid to carry.

So please do us all a favor. Pay the fuck attention when carrying or stop carrying.

As we've always said...we support RESPONSIBLE gun carrying. You obviously and admittedly don't have the situational awareness needed to responsibly carry. So dont.

So, you are quietly drinking your coffee, and suddenly two guys on each side of you draw and start firing at each other. You are going to soberly access the situation before you decide who you are going to shoot at, and then you draw your gun.

Bull shit, and you know it. Put away your John Wayne hat. John Ford did not write the script of your life.

As for being a responsible gun owner, I elected to go through the same training that cops go through, as A Sheriff Auxiliary Volunteer, so come back and tell me that again, when you have done the same.

Big fucking deal. Law enforcement training concentrates on report writing, interpretation of the law and social work. However they spend precious little time on firearms training. To the modern day law enforcement administrator the gun is a tool on the belt and a little used one at that. I have spent decades with law enforcement and have watched the steady decline in firearms skills of those who graduate from the academy. When I was in the Bay Area there were maybe 5 cops who could shoot as good as me. All of them had gone through Coopers Gunsite training on their own dime and that's where we met.

You're nothing but a blowhard who knows nothing. We can call you the Jon Snow of USMB!

That's a big part of the problem. Cops aren't getting the training they should, and their judgement is crap as a consequence.

Ah. And the mandatory "I out shot all the cops this one day at the gun range" story. These are always good.

Of course he out shot the cops. He's also a geologist who teaches classes to weather scientists, and probably an astronaut/concert pianist on weekends. After reading some of WW's claims,I'm truly in awe of his accomplishments.

Shit I'm nothing. You should have met one of my buddies. He was a surgeon named Harper and was a US Naval officer. He also won the Palma Match (look it up) 3 times. He also incidentally set up the first MASH unit on the beach at Iwo Jima and performed open heart surgery on a wounded marine thus saving the mans life. You would be shocked that most people who are serious shooters are also very accomplished in academia, business, engineering, medicine, and other professional pursuits.

Basically we do things. You probably don't understand that.

So, you are quietly drinking your coffee, and suddenly two guys on each side of you draw and start firing at each other. You are going to soberly access the situation before you decide who you are going to shoot at, and then you draw your gun.

Bull shit, and you know it. Put away your John Wayne hat. John Ford did not write the script of your life.

As for being a responsible gun owner, I elected to go through the same training that cops go through, as A Sheriff Auxiliary Volunteer, so come back and tell me that again, when you have done the same.

Big fucking deal. Law enforcement training concentrates on report writing, interpretation of the law and social work. However they spend precious little time on firearms training. To the modern day law enforcement administrator the gun is a tool on the belt and a little used one at that. I have spent decades with law enforcement and have watched the steady decline in firearms skills of those who graduate from the academy. When I was in the Bay Area there were maybe 5 cops who could shoot as good as me. All of them had gone through Coopers Gunsite training on their own dime and that's where we met.

You're nothing but a blowhard who knows nothing. We can call you the Jon Snow of USMB!

That's a big part of the problem. Cops aren't getting the training they should, and their judgement is crap as a consequence.

Ah. And the mandatory "I out shot all the cops this one day at the gun range" story. These are always good.

Of course he out shot the cops. He's also a geologist who teaches classes to weather scientists, and probably an astronaut/concert pianist on weekends. After reading some of WW's claims,I'm truly in awe of his accomplishments.

Oh he's a race car driver too. Ask him about the time he drove from Portland Oregon to Chicago in two hours. Or wherever it was. He can do it too, 'cause he invented the wheel. :eusa_liar:

Poor Pogo. Jealousy is so pathetic. I have driven many places very fast. You too could learn how to drive fast. There are a couple of good race schools out there. Skip Barber at Sears Point. Bondurant wherever he has moved to, there's a NASCAR school in Vegas. Etc. Etc. Etc. I never raced professionally, just amateur as a member of the SCCA (look them up).

Oh he's a race car driver too. Ask him about the time he drove from Portland Oregon to Chicago in two hours. Or wherever it was. He can do it too, 'cause he invented the wheel. :eusa_liar:

A true renaissance man. I just don't understand why he spends so much time on an anonymous talk site instead of being out solving world hunger, disease, and all the other problems of the world.

"Cause I'm retired my good man! I already did that save the world stuff!

I agree. But it is mandatory. I have attended multiple combat pistol classes at Gunsite and will happily put my skills up against anyone.

Good for you, but that doesn't make me feel better about some rambo wannabe who paid his money and wants to shoot what he thinks is a badguy as soon as he gets a chance. We both know there are a lot of those.

Lucky for me your cares and opinions don't matter. I have been carrying concealed for over 25 years. I attended Gunsite the first time back in the 1980's and was a regular student for around 10 years. Prior to that I was active in the precision rifle arena. In all the years I have been alive i have never sought out someone to kill. I had the opportunity and was involved in a shootout with bandits in Morocco back in the day. The trick there was to NOT kill anyone as that would have caused all sorts of long term trouble. So, the goal in that situation was to shoot as close to them as possible, to let them know that we actually COULD have shot them, but were choosing not too.

They got the hint and left fortunately.

Based on law enforcement stats your fear of a bunch of "Rambo's" is totally unfounded.

Good for you. Too bad that the majority of CC license holders don't have any training other than the little half day course they take.

In AZ, where I live, there is no "Qualification". You fill out a form, write a check, and walk out with a CCW. Since even that is not required here, few people even bother to do that. Nevada stoped reciprocating CCW authorizations with AZ on CCW's.

Yup. Nevada requires you to demonstrate a level of skill with your weapon.

What level of skill? No time limit, and no limit on the times you repeat. You can keep shooting till the last shots fired add up to 70%. The only skill required is being able to pay the money.
Someone who had never seen a gun could plan on spending half a day to meet that standard.
CCW Reno Frequently Asked Questions

Time limit. Ranges of 7 and 15 yards. And the level of difficulty depends on who is doing the training. Some are better than others. The MAJORITY of people carrying weapons are very familiar with them and have much higher levels of training than law enforcement. Much higher. There are some newbies though. No question about that.

No time limit according to ConcealedCarryNevada.com. We both know that only a few have anything but very limited training,but I'm willing to look at any proof you can come up with that the MAJORITY are very familiar with them.

Shit I'm nothing. You should have met one of my buddies. He was a surgeon named Harper and was a US Naval officer. He also won the Palma Match (look it up) 3 times. He also incidentally set up the first MASH unit on the beach at Iwo Jima and performed open heart surgery on a wounded marine thus saving the mans life. You would be shocked that most people who are serious shooters are also very accomplished in academia, business, engineering, medicine, and other professional pursuits.

Basically we do things. You probably don't understand that.

Oh I think I understand completely. You act as if you don't think I am familiar with guns, or many of the people who have become gun nuts in the last few years because of politics.

bucs, you consider yourself to be a good guy who knows how to handle a gun, but I don't know you from jack shit. If you are in my vicinity, and start firing at someone , as far as I am concerned you are as deadly to me as a rattlesnake, and you have not demonstrated to me that you know the difference between a safety switch and the trigger mechanism. Cops are trained to assess the situation to try to determine which of two shooters, if either one, is the good guy and the bad guy. The have to do it in a split second. When civilians start playing Charles Bronson, the likelihood of an innocent bystander taking a round skyrockets. I carry a 9 MM, but only when I am on my bike out in the desert. if I stop for coffee in the middle of nowhere, and you and someone else want to have a shootout, I may very well mistake you for the bad guy. Just sayin' bucko.....

How many times has a CWP been shot by a fellow good guy while trying to stop a crime???? Link it.

You may be the first to be able to answer that question if you draw and start shooting at someone while I am having my coffee.

Then you are too irresponsible to carry a gun. A responsible gun owner would never draw and fire without being CERTAIN of the situation. If I were to do so....the situation would have to be obvious or else i wouldn't draw. No responsible CWP would. Meaning....if it was in the same room as you...it should ALSO be obvious to you too....if you were aware of your surroundings.

However...if you're carrying....but aren't paying enough attention to your surroundings to see the obvious....then you're too stupid to carry.

So please do us all a favor. Pay the fuck attention when carrying or stop carrying.

As we've always said...we support RESPONSIBLE gun carrying. You obviously and admittedly don't have the situational awareness needed to responsibly carry. So dont.

Except that's NOT what happened asshole.
The negro was standing in front of the counter POINTING his fucking ILLEGAL handgun at the employees and demanding money.
The good guy was minding his own business while sitting at a table. He saw the negro thug pointing the gun at the employees. He pulled his gun and shot the negro sub-human before the Tree Dweller could shoot the employees.
The good guy wasn't even charged.
Get your facts straight asshole.

Does it matter?

So if a CWP sees some thug run into a business and start pointing a gun at people....and he shoots him....you're saying he's screwed? Well....NOT in South Carolina courts. It's happened many times and not once was the shooter charged. Hell....since 2009 it's the 3rd time it's happened JUST in a Waffle House.

Sorry. We aren't pussy ass California or Massachusetts. Our citizens may act far before cops arrive.

And you know for a fact that this perp did have a gun, and that it was real.... how again?
Because you waited until it came out in the news? Nope, that ain't it.

Here's what did come out though -- the kid's dead.

All hail gun culture. Be proud.

You fucken liberals amaze me.
It doesnt matter if he carved a gun out of a bar of soap.
If he's waving it around and demanding money he needs to be perforated.

Last edited:
Does it matter?

So if a CWP sees some thug run into a business and start pointing a gun at people....and he shoots him....you're saying he's screwed? Well....NOT in South Carolina courts. It's happened many times and not once was the shooter charged. Hell....since 2009 it's the 3rd time it's happened JUST in a Waffle House.

Sorry. We aren't pussy ass California or Massachusetts. Our citizens may act far before cops arrive.

And you know for a fact that this perp did have a gun, and that it was real.... how again?
Because you waited until it came out in the news? Nope, that ain't it.

Here's what did come out though -- the kid's dead.

All hail gun culture. Be proud.
Yet the customer was hailed for "saving our lives" by employees. Bet you still think it was a strong arm robbery.

Liar. The quote is "he saved us, that's what he did". Period. And from ONE employee. Nothing about "lives".

It also says "no one was injured besides the suspect". Which already tells us that at the very least no one was shot. If there was such a possibility at all.

And by the way -- the kid doesn't even have a name.

What a set of values this is.

Apparently robbing the Waffle House is a high risk endeavor...as is living a life of crime.
Bet you wouldnt have cared if he was killed by another ghetto rat though.

Amazing the nonsense libs are saying.

Like the thug is entitled to shoot first.
Or the CWP holder must ensure its a REAL gun.
Or the crime simply shouldn't be stopped at all.

Libs = :poop:

Bux is a fucking liar. Nobody suggested anybody is "entitled to shoot" first, last or anywhere in between.

I asked him whether the patron "shot" or "shot back". As in "returned" fire. He couldn't answer, because he didn't know and still doesn't know. He just ass-umed, and decided on his own that an "animal" (his term) had to be put down.

--- which is what I mean by "values". Or in this case, lack thereof.

And of course it doesnt matter either way.
So why ask?

Forum List

Back