North Charleston : Thug robs Waffle House; Concealed carry citizen shoots him. Crime solved!

Not in the South!

Remember this though ?

A soldier with the National Guard was told to leave his gun outside or take his business elsewhere Sunday morning at a Kentucky Waffle House.

Apparently, you missed the end of that story, Digit. Waffle House refused to serve the armed soldier because he had been in a fight in their parking lot the week before. if you don't believe me, Google it.

Apparently you missed this:

The owner of the Nicholasville Waffle House released this statement:

“For many years we have had a ‘No Firearms’ policy in place in our restaurants. We continue to believe this is the best policy for the safety of our customers and associates.”

Good for them, and I agree with their policy. I ALSO would not allow a customer in my place of business to be armed after having been involved in a fight in the parking lot. All in all, I would say that Waffle House has a very good policy.As for some vigilante exchanging fire with a robber while I am eating breakfast there, I don't trust his aim and judgment any more than I trust the robber's intentions. I would prefer that people play Charles Bronson somewhere else, thank you.

Well the staff that WAS there apparently are happy the man responded.

Good for them! There is nothing like being in the middle of a crossfire to get that adrenalin high!

Now the good Samaritan has to deal with the aftermath and all the crap that that's going to entail.

Next time, let Waffle House handle their own security.
You're a fool!
I wouldn't put the safety of my family in the hands of some 'waffle house' pimple faced 'servers' if a thug came in waving a fucking gun around.
Apparently you would though.
I wonder what your husband/wife would say if your children were murdered by the fucking thug as he ran out of the 'waffle house' just for the hell of it?
"But that would never happen".
Ya fucking right!

Remember this though ?

Apparently, you missed the end of that story, Digit. Waffle House refused to serve the armed soldier because he had been in a fight in their parking lot the week before. if you don't believe me, Google it.

“For many years we have had a ‘No Firearms’ policy in place in our restaurants. We continue to believe this is the best policy for the safety of our customers and associates.”

Good for them, and I agree with their policy. I ALSO would not allow a customer in my place of business to be armed after having been involved in a fight in the parking lot. All in all, I would say that Waffle House has a very good policy.As for some vigilante exchanging fire with a robber while I am eating breakfast there, I don't trust his aim and judgment any more than I trust the robber's intentions. I would prefer that people play Charles Bronson somewhere else, thank you.

Well the staff that WAS there apparently are happy the man responded.

Good for them! There is nothing like being in the middle of a crossfire to get that adrenalin high!

Crossfire? Who was hit by crossfire???

“He saved us, that’s what he did,” a Waffle House employee told The Post and Courier.

Wait, I though Waffle House was a gun-free establishment ?!

Not in the South!

Remember this though ?

A soldier with the National Guard was told to leave his gun outside or take his business elsewhere Sunday morning at a Kentucky Waffle House.

And here you go vandal......

this is why you can't leave your life in the hands of a guy threatening to murder people over money......

Brown's Chicken massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On January 8, 1993, seven people were murdered at the Brown's Chicken and Pasta at 168 W. Northwest Highway in Palatine.[1] The victims included the owners, Richard E. Ehlenfeldt, 50, and his wife, Lynn W Ehlenfeldt, 49, of Arlington Heights, Illinois. Also killed were five employees: Guadalupe Maldonado, 46, of Palatine, via Mexico, the cook; Michael C. Castro, 16, and Rico L. Solis, 17, both Palatine High School students who were working there part-time; and Palatine residents Thomas Mennes, 32, and Marcus Nellsen, 31.[2] The assailants stole less than $2,000 from the restaurant.[3] Two of the Ehlenfeldts' daughters were scheduled to be at the restaurant that night, but happened not to be present at the time of the killing; a third daughter, Jennifer, was later elected to the Wisconsin State Senate.[4]

bucs, you consider yourself to be a good guy who knows how to handle a gun, but I don't know you from jack shit. If you are in my vicinity, and start firing at someone , as far as I am concerned you are as deadly to me as a rattlesnake, and you have not demonstrated to me that you know the difference between a safety switch and the trigger mechanism. Cops are trained to assess the situation to try to determine which of two shooters, if either one, is the good guy and the bad guy. The have to do it in a split second. When civilians start playing Charles Bronson, the likelihood of an innocent bystander taking a round skyrockets. I carry a 9 MM, but only when I am on my bike out in the desert. if I stop for coffee in the middle of nowhere, and you and someone else want to have a shootout, I may very well mistake you for the bad guy. Just sayin' bucko.....

Not in the South!

Remember this though ?

That's a pretty absurd statement. The soldier has to qualify due to his military service AND he has to qualify for his CCW. The criminal on the other hand has a weapon, and is engaging in a violent crime and you think the soldier is as big a threat? You're a loon dude.

CCW qualification is a joke. Do you know a single person who paid the money but failed the qualification? Of course you don't. CCW just means you paid the money and sat in a very short class. It doesn't mean you aren't as likely to shoot an innocent bystander as your target.

Remember this though ?

That's a pretty absurd statement. The soldier has to qualify due to his military service AND he has to qualify for his CCW. The criminal on the other hand has a weapon, and is engaging in a violent crime and you think the soldier is as big a threat? You're a loon dude.

CCW qualification is a joke. Do you know a single person who paid the money but failed the qualification? Of course you don't. CCW just means you paid the money and sat in a very short class. It doesn't mean you aren't as likely to shoot an innocent bystander as your target.

In AZ, where I live, there is no "Qualification". You fill out a form, write a check, and walk out with a CCW. Since even that is not required here, few people even bother to do that. Nevada stoped reciprocating CCW authorizations with AZ on CCW's.

Police: Armed customer thwarts robbery at Waffle House in North Charleston

Heart warming! Thug...likely a career criminal....robs a Waffle House.

CWP holder shoots the animal.

Crime solved. Countless other future ones prevented.
He ain't dead yet, and I didn't know the punishment for robbery was death?
That's why someone has to hurry up and invent a stun gun.

A stun gun? But....the robber had a REAL gun.
I wouldn't give a damn if he just had a nail file. If he was trying to hold the joint up I'da emptied a clip in his head........even if there was only $3 in the drawer. Fuggem.

bucs, you consider yourself to be a good guy who knows how to handle a gun, but I don't know you from jack shit. If you are in my vicinity, and start firing at someone , as far as I am concerned you are as deadly to me as a rattlesnake, and you have not demonstrated to me that you know the difference between a safety switch and the trigger mechanism. Cops are trained to assess the situation to try to determine which of two shooters, if either one, is the good guy and the bad guy. The have to do it in a split second. When civilians start playing Charles Bronson, the likelihood of an innocent bystander taking a round skyrockets. I carry a 9 MM, but only when I am on my bike out in the desert. if I stop for coffee in the middle of nowhere, and you and someone else want to have a shootout, I may very well mistake you for the bad guy. Just sayin' bucko.....

That's why the tired old childish excuse "the answer to gun violence is... more gun violence" is such a pathetic joke. The CC guy in Tucson admits he very nearly shot one of the "good guys with a gun". They don't come pre-designed as white guns and black guns.

These asshats live in the freaking movies.

How many times has a CWP been shot by a fellow good guy while trying to stop a crime???? Link it.

I wouldn't give a damn if he just had a nail file. If he was trying to hold the joint up I'da emptied a clip in his head........even if there was only $3 in the drawer. Fuggem.

There it is again ----- values.

Thanks for checking in. Y'all articulate my point better than I can.

That's why the tired old childish excuse "the answer to gun violence is... more gun violence" is such a pathetic joke. The CC guy in Tucson admits he very nearly shot one of the "good guys with a gun". They don't come pre-designed as white guns and black guns.

These asshats live in the freaking movies.

We live in the movies? We aren't the morons saying cops should've "shot his knee" in a shooting situation . That's movie shit.

You can fall to your knees and be at the mercy of an armed thug if you want. We arent. Sorry if you aren't cozy with that.

Self defense is a value.

So is the idea that we have a society where we don't go around robbing others.

Isn't there something about Christ and battling Satan?

Evil exists. Confronting and defeating it is NOT immoral....despite you lefties trying to make it so.

So your argument is that because you're too stupid and incompetent to assess a situation before acting, others must be too.

Got it.

Self defense is a value.

So is the idea that we have a society where we don't go around robbing others.

Isn't there something about Christ and battling Satan?

Evil exists. Confronting and defeating it is NOT immoral....despite you lefties trying to make it so.

There you go again, Some of us discourse honestly.... you do strawmen and outright lies.

Values. Go buy some.

How many times has a CWP been shot by a fellow good guy while trying to stop a crime???? Link it.

You may be the first to be able to answer that question if you draw and start shooting at someone while I am having my coffee.

You may be the first to be able to answer that question if you draw and start shooting at someone while I am having my coffee.

Then you are too irresponsible to carry a gun. A responsible gun owner would never draw and fire without being CERTAIN of the situation. If I were to do so....the situation would have to be obvious or else i wouldn't draw. No responsible CWP would. Meaning....if it was in the same room as you...it should ALSO be obvious to you too....if you were aware of your surroundings.

However...if you're carrying....but aren't paying enough attention to your surroundings to see the obvious....then you're too stupid to carry.

So please do us all a favor. Pay the fuck attention when carrying or stop carrying.

As we've always said...we support RESPONSIBLE gun carrying. You obviously and admittedly don't have the situational awareness needed to responsibly carry. So dont.

Then you are too irresponsible to carry a gun. A responsible gun owner would never draw and fire without being CERTAIN of the situation. If I were to do so....the situation would have to be obvious or else i wouldn't draw. No responsible CWP would. Meaning....if it was in the same room as you...it should ALSO be obvious to you too....if you were aware of your surroundings.

However...if you're carrying....but aren't paying enough attention to your surroundings to see the obvious....then you're too stupid to carry.

So please do us all a favor. Pay the fuck attention when carrying or stop carrying.

As we've always said...we support RESPONSIBLE gun carrying. You obviously and admittedly don't have the situational awareness needed to responsibly carry. So dont.

So, you are quietly drinking your coffee, and suddenly two guys on each side of you draw and start firing at each other. You are going to soberly access the situation before you decide who you are going to shoot at, and then you draw your gun.

Bull shit, and you know it. Put away your John Wayne hat. John Ford did not write the script of your life.

As for being a responsible gun owner, I elected to go through the same training that cops go through, as A Sheriff Auxiliary Volunteer, so come back and tell me that again, when you have done the same.

Last edited:
Remember this though ?

If you say so, WW.

No. That's the law. I have a CCW, clearly you don't. It's also a part of the military, so clearly you never served. Waffle House is fully within their rights to bar the individual from being served (I wonder what would happen if he were gay though:eusa_think:) but your assertion is absurd on its face.

So, you are quietly drinking your coffee, and suddenly two guys on each side of you draw and start firing at each other. You are going to soberly access the situation before you decide who you are going to shoot at, and then you draw your gun.

Bull shit, and you know it. Put away your John Wayne hat. John Ford did not write the script of your life.

As for being a responsible gun owner, I elected to go through the same training that cops go through, as A Sheriff Auxiliary Volunteer, so come back and tell me that again, when you have done the same.

Big fucking deal. Law enforcement training concentrates on report writing, interpretation of the law and social work. However they spend precious little time on firearms training. To the modern day law enforcement administrator the gun is a tool on the belt and a little used one at that. I have spent decades with law enforcement and have watched the steady decline in firearms skills of those who graduate from the academy. When I was in the Bay Area there were maybe 5 cops who could shoot as good as me. All of them had gone through Coopers Gunsite training on their own dime and that's where we met.

You're nothing but a blowhard who knows nothing. We can call you the Jon Snow of USMB!

Forum List

Back