Northern CA County Votes to Secede, Create New State Called Jefferson

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea.

From what I've read Northern Cali is pretty conservative and I'll bet they could run their county in the black.

Same in Northern NY State. Pretty conservative bunch there as well. Wonder if they ever think of seceding from New York State??

Last edited:

From what I've read Northern Cali is pretty conservative and I'll bet they could run their county in the black.

Same in Northern NY State. Pretty conservative bunch there as well. Wonder if they ever think of seceding from New York State??
Isn't it strange how some states or people in those states what to secede from the union right up to the point where they experience a natural disaster of some sort. Then, suddenly, all you hear from that state are cries to the federal government asking for aid. Nothing kills cries for secession faster than ___?___ (Pick one: massive fires, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, or other natural disaster).

Your right about that now but back in the day nobody asked the Govt for anything and is sure as hell wasn't volunteered.

If your house burned down or you built on a flood plain and a flood carried the house away you took care of it yourself.

You didn't get tax dollars. Your neighbors and friends helped you out.

They can take the rest of that pyscho state with them. And you feel free to go along troll. Then we can carpet bomb the lot of you.

not northern Ca......the coastal part is not very Conservative.....

Sadly, this is meaningless. Sacramento won't approve and even if they did it would still need Congress to go along with it and the Senate won't allow anything that even smacks of giving the opposition party (regardless of who is currently in power) a shift in the balance of power.

The only way this would have a chance of succeeding is if some place like PR were trying to become a state, but the statehood movement in PR is dead right now.

Isn't it strange how some states or people in those states what to secede from the union right up to the point where they experience a natural disaster of some sort.

Isn't it strange you made this comment when nobody has suggested seceding from the union?

The California legislature will not allow them to form their own state so none of this matters.

The smallest congressional district (or state) population is wyoming with ~580,000. The counties listed have a population of roughly ~54,000. That's less then 10% of the smallest state.

Isn't it strange how some states or people in those states what to secede from the union right up to the point where they experience a natural disaster of some sort. Then, suddenly, all you hear from that state are cries to the federal government asking for aid. Nothing kills cries for secession faster than ___?___ (Pick one: massive fires, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, or other natural disaster).

Didn't read the link, did you?

If you did you'd realize that your post has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. The county in California doesn't want to secede from the Union. They want to secede from the state of California and form their own state.

Rick (hboats)

People should be able to form their own states to elect the government they want.

Agree?

Northern CA County Votes to Secede, Create New State Called Jefferson

Will their anthem be "Movin' on Up" from the Jeffersons??????

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHDwRECFL8M]the Jeffersons intro theme song(Movin on Up) - YouTube[/ame]

Northern California desperately needs the tax revenue of central and southern Cali.

same with Northern NY.

neither could survive if independent.

The government refused to help Arizona and they are a state. IMO, that gives Arizona the right to secede. I'm pretty sure when the Cascadia Earthquake hits in Washington state that our country will be so broke it won't be able to help. This is a quake that will wipe out much of our state, sending a tsunami all the way to Japan. It happened 300 years ago, 300 years before that and 1000 years before that. We know it's going to happen, we just don't know when. I'm encouraging everyone I know to have a least a years worth of supplies on hand because I don't think our roads will be travelable and considering what happened in New Orleans with Katrina, I think it'll take a least a couple of weeks before the government does anything to help, if they do anything to help.

Yeah, northern California where they are trying to save their redwoods and wineries are the major industry. Just a bunch of good old boys with their trucks. (rolling eyes)

The most conservative area of California is San Diego county. And they aren't making noises about seceding because it is predominantly military.

Forum List

Back