Not All Christians Are Homo-Haters

Romans 10:9 "that if thou shall confess with thy mouth the lord Jesus, and shall believe in thine heart that got hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.".

Romans 10:9

I'm a christian and so ate you as long ad we have accepted Christ as our savior and in OUR HEARTS believe that. I never said you arent. You however claimed I am not.

Jesus was talking to a Jewish law expert in that story. And Jesus is quoting Leviticus 19 there.

So who were the Jews neighbors? Other Jews. Fellow believers.

LOL- yeah.

Because Jesus only cared about his 'jewish neighbors' and his followers....

Bible Gateway passage: Luke 10:25-37 - New International Version

25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”

27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’a]">[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’b]">[b]”

28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denariic]">[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

It is almost like you absolutely refuse to accept the actual words of Jesus in your desire to hate homosexuals.
The priest and the Levite- both Jews- refused to show mercy to the robbery victim- but Samaritans were not accepted as Jews by Jews of the time- yet as Jesus showed- the Samaritan was the neighbor.

So why do you reject homosexuals as your neighbors?

Only radical extremist Christians hate homosexuals. I am a lifelong white, heterosexual married for 47 years christian who has zero problem with it. Its NOT my business. Only hypocriticall people who proclaim less govt intervention but stick their nose in the bedroom are problematic.

Disapproving of somebody's lifestyle, and disagreeing with their deliberate misrepresentation of the Bible is not hatred.

Exactly- which is why I don't hate you even though I disapprove of your lifestyle and your deliberate misrepresentation of the Bible.

Only radical extremist Christians hate homosexuals. I am a lifelong white, heterosexual married for 47 years christian who has zero problem with it. Its NOT my business. Only hypocriticall people who proclaim less govt intervention but stick their nose in the bedroom are problematic.
You're not a christian then.

Yeah- millions of Christians have been murdered by people claiming like you that 'You're not a Christian'.

Yeah- millions of Christians have been murdered by people claiming like you that 'You're not a Christian'.
Yeah? When was this?

How about paying more attention to the loving Christians very focusing on the mis-lead Chrisitians (eg. Westboro Baptist Church etc.)

Tim Tebow, Jameis Winston visit Orlando shooting victims

screen-shot-2016-06-22-at-4-05-42-pm.png
Hate the sin... Love the sinner.
The bible doesn't actually say that.

Actually Jesus was pretty clear about who to love:
KJV- John 13-34
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Matthew 5:43-48

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbora]">[a] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?
48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Only a faux Christian ignores Jesus's words, and focus's on hating people.

He gave that commandment to the people who were listening to him speak at the time. They are Christians. He's telling CHRISTIANS to love one another.

And we can love our enemies and still kill them. God loves us, but allows us to suffer and die for our sins because that's the only way we learn.
Syriusly's interpretation of bible verses leads to contradictory beliefs.

I don't see that.

Jesus commands you to love your neighbors- and your enemies.

You prefer to hate your neighbors if they are gay.

You reject the words of Jesus.

I don't practice the lifestyle but I don't hate homosexuals. I have never had any problems from them.

Hate the sin... Love the sinner.
The bible doesn't actually say that.

Actually Jesus was pretty clear about who to love:
KJV- John 13-34
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Matthew 5:43-48

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbora]">[a] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?
48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Only a faux Christian ignores Jesus's words, and focus's on hating people.

He gave that commandment to the people who were listening to him speak at the time. They are Christians. He's telling CHRISTIANS to love one another.

And we can love our enemies and still kill them. God loves us, but allows us to suffer and die for our sins because that's the only way we learn.
Syriusly's interpretation of bible verses leads to contradictory beliefs.

I don't see that.

Jesus commands you to love your neighbors- and your enemies.

You prefer to hate your neighbors if they are gay.

You reject the words of Jesus.
Lol! I hate my neighbors? All my neighbors love me and I love them. All good christian people, at least on my block.

Yeah? When was this?

You probably missed out the part of the Reformation and the Thirty Years War in your haste to condemn homosexuals.

Protestants killed peasants because their rulers made the peasants Catholics.
Catholics killed peasants because their rulers made the peasants Protestants.

Everyone claimed to be doing it for God.

Everyone claimed to be doing it because the victim was not a Christian at all but an Apostate.

Forum List

Back