Not All Christians Are Homo-Haters

Matthew 5:43-44
“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you
Matthew 5:43-44
“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you
Context, context, context my friend. Jesus is talking about personal relationships when he speaks of loving your 'enemy', not reprobates and haters of God or people invading your country and commiting a mass genocide, etc, thatd be stupid and make no sense when he approved of King David's imprecatory prayers against his enemies, saying the Pslams were inspired by God.
The verse you quoted is from the sermon on the mount to believers, remember? This is why Jesus uses the example of turning the other cheek(Matthew 5:39), it's specifically about personal offenses. A slap in your face may be personally humiliating...but it is not some horribly dangerous thing to remain angry and hateful over forever.

Jesus is talking about personal relationships when he speaks of loving your 'enemy'.

That's kind of a convenient interpretation.
It's called taking it in context.

Also, if he meant love people who try to kill you, he wouldn't have called David's Pslams inspired by God. David prayed for the death of his enemies. And he would've used a much more drastic example than a slap on the cheek

All of the sky fairly books are contradictory. That's because none of them are the work of God, they were all put together by hominids pushing agendas.

Anti Christian lunatic bigot can't hide who he is.
That's on topic. You are another example of a reprobate. Worthless in the eyes of God, rejected.

Also, if he meant love people who try to kill you, he wouldn't have called David's Pslams inspired by God. David prayed for the death of his enemies. And he would've used a much more drastic example than a slap on the cheek

All of the sky fairly books are contradictory. That's because none of them are the work of God, they were all put together by hominids pushing agendas.

"All of the ...." love.
I don't love the enemies of man and Christ.

Whatever babe, don't care about your sick journey, have at it.
You start inflammatory threads, then troll your own like the dingbat you are.

Context, context, context my friend. Jesus is talking about personal relationships when he speaks of loving your 'enemy', not reprobates and haters of God or people invading your country and commiting a mass genocide, etc, thatd be stupid and make no sense when he approved of King David's imprecatory prayers against his enemies, saying the Pslams were inspired by God.
The verse you quoted is from the sermon on the mount to believers, remember? This is why Jesus uses the example of turning the other cheek(Matthew 5:39), it's specifically about personal offenses. A slap in your face may be personally humiliating...but it is not some horribly dangerous thing to remain angry and hateful over forever.

Jesus is talking about personal relationships when he speaks of loving your 'enemy'.

That's on topic. You are another example of a reprobate. Worthless in the eyes of God, rejected.

Of course, now ya represent God and Jesus.

"All of the ...." love.
I don't love the enemies of man and Christ.

Whatever babe, don't care about your sick journey, have at it.
You start inflammatory threads, then troll your own like the dingbat you are.

Not the OP babe, check again.

How about paying more attention to the loving Christians very focusing on the mis-lead Chrisitians (eg. Westboro Baptist Church etc.)

Tim Tebow, Jameis Winston visit Orlando shooting victims

screen-shot-2016-06-22-at-4-05-42-pm.png
I'm a Christian and I don't hate Gays. Just because I disagree with a lifestyle doesn't mean I should hate someone. I disagree with Muslims,Swingers,and strippers etc. I simply don't practice that lifestyle. As long as you don't bother me I don't bother you. :dunno:

I've read the bible and studied it since I was little. I'm just telling you what it says about people like you.

How about paying more attention to the loving Christians very focusing on the mis-lead Chrisitians (eg. Westboro Baptist Church etc.)

Tim Tebow, Jameis Winston visit Orlando shooting victims

screen-shot-2016-06-22-at-4-05-42-pm.png
I'm a Christian and I don't hate Gays. Just because I disagree with a lifestyle doesn't mean I should hate someone. I disagree with Muslims,Swingers,and strippers etc. I simply don't practice that lifestyle. As long as you don't bother me I don't bother you. :dunno:
You should hate the enemies of God.

"In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them."

2 Cor 4:4

"In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them."

Jesus even likened folks like Fenton to swine.

You have to be a pretty crappy human being for even Jesus not to like you, Fenton.

I will be forever glad I'm nothing like you, Jesus will ahve to deal with it.

God has some mighty strong things to say about those who pose as Christians, and deliberately lead God's children astray.

2:Cor 11:13-:15

For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

"But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep."

2 Peter 2:1-:3

God has some mighty strong things to say about those who pose as Christians, and deliberately lead God's children astray.

2:Cor 11:13-:15

For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

Now I'm posing as a "christian"? Man.

I will be forever glad I'm nothing like you, Jesus will ahve to deal with it.
No you won't. You'll be glad you're nothing like me until you spend eternity burning in hell.

Matthew 7:21-23

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

2 Timothy 4:3-4
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.

"But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep."

2 Peter 2:1-:3

I see alot of you in the passage.

Matthew 7:21-23

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

2 Timothy 4:3-4
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.

Wonderful Sunday School memories are flooding back to me, thanks.

Forum List

Back