Not everyone wants all electric automobiles

Its a cleaner energy for starters.
that has yet to be proven,,
Maybe in Qannon circles but the rest of the world already knows this.
how can you know the long term effects on something that hasnt ever existed before??
Electricity has been around a long time. The computer you are on right now uses it. How much pollution does your computer produce?
Don't ignore the pollution created by generating that electricity. We'd need to generate more to power all those cars.

By destroying fossil fuels, the Global Elite are going to make having a private automobile so expensive that it will once again become a status symbol that only the Very Very Rich can afford. And another piece of the agenda is to herd all of the serfs into high density tenement slums where they are much easier to control.
All ready there electric vehicles in the 30 k range. So there goes that argument.

When you make $15 per hour (the soon to be Federal minimum and maximum after-tax wage because EQUITY!), a $30K car is unafforable. You also didn't factor in the cost of electricity. Without fossil fuels, electricity prices are going to skyrocket and we will see brown and black outs due to the instability of "renewable" and the poor quality of the grid. A car you can't recharge doesn't go anywhere, bub.

See...that is the plan.....

The political party that believes the world is over populated doesn't want cheap electricity.....they want it to be expensive so that people have to use buses, and trains, not cars......cars give people way too much freedom of movement.

I know of no EV that will tow my gas guzzling snowmobiles or boat the distances I travel to my favorite areas. Usually very rural with few services.
Nor do I know of any that will tow a heavy duty work trailer to multiple job sites. Still wish to buy a towable camper.
If an EV works for some folks, fine. Nothing against new technology, but until my requirements are met, I will stick with a large V8.

So you think.....the democrats will simply make it so expensive to have your gas car you will have to give it up... the only choice the democrats want you to have is to kill your baby...so that democrat males don't have to have any consequences for anything they do...

With current technology; if you live in a house that has off street parking with a charger, you live in a country with mild climate where you don't need a heater and you don't need to tow a trailer or caravan, then by all means own an EV.

But i'm not sure how these EV's will fair up in the Australian outback or crossing remote areas in the US. Likewise, how long will the heat blower last in -35c in Finland?

Maybe, there are some instances where current EV technology is not suitable, something pro-EVer's need to accept. And then once technology advances, by all means phase out more ICE vehicles. But until then, EVer's need to quit the anger.

how can you know the long term effects on something that hasnt ever existed before??
Electricity has been around a long time. The computer you are on right now uses it. How much pollution does your computer produce?

So no pollution in the use of electricity?
Significantly less than burning fossil fuels.

So no fossil fuels are involved in the use of electricity?
Who told you that? Currently most electricity is generated by fossil fuels....with the exception of sun and wind generated electricity. I have some security cameras and lights that run off solar.

Around here, the majority of the Electricity is generate by Hydro Electric. And has been for the past 40 years. #2 is Natural Gas and we got rid of all our Coal and Oil Fired Plants. Over 20% of the Electricity is now from Wind and Solar around here. Our VA Hospital used to use coal and oil to make it's own electric power. Today, the outdoor parking is covered by Solar Panels and they don't spend a dime on the electric grid outside of the minimum hookup charge.

Every new commercial build here gets solar power. Not because the Government required it (they don't) but because it make more sense for the capitalistic bottom line. Times march on with or without you.

Is hydro good for river species

For small projects it has little affect. But in the 60s and early 70, the Curcanti series was put in in the Black Canyon and it even engulfed entire small towns. They would never do such a project today.

Tell that to the salmon steelhead Striped bass shad And other andromedus fish stocks that have been devastated by dams on free-flowing Rivers

Let's take a trip about 15 miles up the Colorado River where I live. Doesn't look like much but it generates about 3000MWs of power for Palisade, Co.. Notice that it only raised the river by about 3 feet. It also has a bypass for fish to pass. It was built in 2011 from a smaller system. This doesn't disrupt anything. And it gives almost FREE power to a small town.
1612137745758.png

Now we go up the River about 90 miles to Glenwood Springs, Co. This one has been around since 1888 but it's been improved on. When an alternative power was found, they did shut it down. It's now an Arts Museum. But the new power comes out of Nebraska in the form of Wind Power making Glenwood Springs one of the few cities in the United States with 100% renewable energy for it's electricity. On top of that, the City has installed a small Hydro plant in the Canyon that puts out about 3000kws of power.

There is a reason that we are not building any new Natural Gas Power Plants and shut down ALL the coal and oil fired plants on the Western side of Colorado. We like clean air and cheap power. And the new stuff doesn't affect the invironment because it's done with only a small degree of water rise and it has bypasses so the fish can get around it.

The days of the TVA type programs are long since gone. The Curcanti Series was the last on built like that in Colorado and will never be done again.

With current technology; if you live in a house that has off street parking with a charger, you live in a country with mild climate where you don't need a heater and you don't need to tow a trailer or caravan, then by all means own an EV.

But i'm not sure how these EV's will fair up in the Australian outback or crossing remote areas in the US. Likewise, how long will the heat blower last in -35c in Finland?

Maybe, there are some instances where current EV technology is not suitable, something pro-EVer's need to accept. And then once technology advances, by all means phase out more ICE vehicles. But until then, EVer's need to quit the anger.

What these left wing fascists don't care about....?

I would like an electric car.......but it has to work as good or better than my gas powered car...otherwise, there is no reason to have an electric car.

I would like an electric car.......but it has to work as good or better than my gas powered car...otherwise, there is no reason to have an electric car.
I have two houses. At one, I can't charge from that house and I can't always park outside my own front door, so running 50 metres of electric cable across a road is not viable. Also, I need to tow a 752kg trailer that can be 3,500kg gross. I'm not aware of an electric van suitable or viable to replace my diesel van. Oh, and within a sensible price bracket.

So no pollution in the use of electricity?
Significantly less than burning fossil fuels.

So no fossil fuels are involved in the use of electricity?
Who told you that? Currently most electricity is generated by fossil fuels....with the exception of sun and wind generated electricity. I have some security cameras and lights that run off solar.

Around here, the majority of the Electricity is generate by Hydro Electric. And has been for the past 40 years. #2 is Natural Gas and we got rid of all our Coal and Oil Fired Plants. Over 20% of the Electricity is now from Wind and Solar around here. Our VA Hospital used to use coal and oil to make it's own electric power. Today, the outdoor parking is covered by Solar Panels and they don't spend a dime on the electric grid outside of the minimum hookup charge.

Every new commercial build here gets solar power. Not because the Government required it (they don't) but because it make more sense for the capitalistic bottom line. Times march on with or without you.

Is hydro good for river species

For small projects it has little affect. But in the 60s and early 70, the Curcanti series was put in in the Black Canyon and it even engulfed entire small towns. They would never do such a project today.

Tell that to the salmon steelhead Striped bass shad And other andromedus fish stocks that have been devastated by dams on free-flowing Rivers

I would but they just won't listen. But damned they sure are tasty.

I have two houses. At one, I can't charge from that house and I can't always park outside my own front door, so running 50 metres of electric cable across a road is not viable. Also, I need to tow a 752kg trailer that can be 3,500kg gross. I'm not aware of an electric van suitable or viable to replace my diesel van. Oh, and within a sensible price bracket.

I really like the idea of electric cars......no noise, no exhaust......but again, they do not function the same as a gas powered car, so they are dumb........

Electricity has been around a long time.
you cant be that stupid can you???
Youre the one claiming electric powered devices have not existed before. Are you stupid or just being paid to pretend you are?
where did I say that???
Post #6 you idiot.

you should go back and read it,, cause thats not what I said,,
What were you saying hasnt existed before? We were talking about electric powered cars.
correct,, and then you started talking about electricity and other devices,,,
You do realize an electric car is a electric powered device right?

You do realize that the only way to generate enough electric power is through coal and oil...right? And the mining needed to make those batteries is as dirty or dirtier than using coal, oil and natural gas....and the batteries are environmental disasters when they are old and no longer working.......

You guys are so dumb........you don't think anything through...
"You do realize that the only way to generate enough electric power is through coal and oil...right?"

False
Only if youre a Qannon believer. Other people already know the facts about solar powered cars.

not really inspiring there bub..yeah they are working on it but arent close
Its hard to inspire conservatives. They have trouble visualizing anything past the next day.
USual BS...difference between inspire and force. Have posted on this site an EV i might buy if it lives up to its claims. Early Leaf buyers had nothing but regrets,
No one is forcing you. You can keep your fossil fuel burner long after electric cars become the norm. I said inspire. Early adopters of most technology have regrets. However, those with vision can use that to change the world and make it a less poisonous place to live.
A mandate isn't inspiration, it's force.

Youre the one claiming electric powered devices have not existed before. Are you stupid or just being paid to pretend you are?
where did I say that???
Post #6 you idiot.

What were you saying hasnt existed before? We were talking about electric powered cars.

You do realize that the only way to generate enough electric power is through coal and oil...right? And the mining needed to make those batteries is as dirty or dirtier than using coal, oil and natural gas....and the batteries are environmental disasters when they are old and no longer working.......

"You do realize that the only way to generate enough electric power is through coal and oil...right?"

False
Only if youre a Qannon believer. Other people already know the facts about solar powered cars.

Its hard to inspire conservatives. They have trouble visualizing anything past the next day.
USual BS...difference between inspire and force. Have posted on this site an EV i might buy if it lives up to its claims. Early Leaf buyers had nothing but regrets,
No one is forcing you. You can keep your fossil fuel burner long after electric cars become the norm. I said inspire. Early adopters of most technology have regrets. However, those with vision can use that to change the world and make it a less poisonous place to live.

There is zero mandate that I have to not drive a Model T on the roads if I have one. I just can't take it out onto the Interstate for obvious reasons. If I wish to drive my Low Speed Electric Bicycle on any road other than the interstate, no one is going to stop me. Same goes for the lower end of Electric Cars that can't sustain 60 mph. They get restricted from going on the Interstate. If you own a 1966 Cadillac Coup Deville that puppy couldn't pass any eco test in the world (and it also can't pass any gas pump either) but you still have the right to drive it. It's exempt.

You are playing the childish game of "You can't tell me what to do".

where did I say that???
Post #6 you idiot.

False

There is zero mandate that I have to not drive a Model T on the roads if I have one. I just can't take it out onto the Interstate for obvious reasons. If I wish to drive my Low Speed Electric Bicycle on any road other than the interstate, no one is going to stop me. Same goes for the lower end of Electric Cars that can't sustain 60 mph. They get restricted from going on the Interstate. If you own a 1966 Cadillac Coup Deville that puppy couldn't pass any eco test in the world (and it also can't pass any gas pump either) but you still have the right to drive it. It's exempt.

No you are short circuiting the market. Nobody disputes they will make up a large segment of the market, setting an artificial deadline to go all electric is unnecessary and self defeating.

where did I say that???
Post #6 you idiot.

False

No you are short circuiting the market. Nobody disputes they will make up a large segment of the market, setting an artificial deadline to go all electric is unnecessary and self defeating.

Even the staunghest Republican around here knows we are experiencing some strange weather and it gets worse each year. It affects our snowfall and puts us in a Drought condition. Considering there are 5 other states that depend on our water, what does that do for them? We could smell it in the air, taste it in our water and see it in the increased temperatures. Yes, we have mandates stronger than where you are but we do a better job than our own mandates. You want to wreck your home, I would say, "So be it" but it wrecks us up here as well. Within 10 years, you are going to have the same self imposed mandates we have here. Or we won't have any more snowfall, more vicious forest fires we will still be doing fine. You, on the other hand, will be experiencing weather changes in the form of Flash Floods, Deep Snows, droughts and want to move here and trash it here. No thanks. Clean up your own backyard and stay the hell out of here.

where did I say that???
Post #6 you idiot.

False

Even the staunghest Republican around here knows we are experiencing some strange weather and it gets worse each year. It affects our snowfall and puts us in a Drought condition. Considering there are 5 other states that depend on our water, what does that do for them? We could smell it in the air, taste it in our water and see it in the increased temperatures. Yes, we have mandates stronger than where you are but we do a better job than our own mandates. You want to wreck your home, I would say, "So be it" but it wrecks us up here as well. Within 10 years, you are going to have the same self imposed mandates we have here. Or we won't have any more snowfall, more vicious forest fires we will still be doing fine. You, on the other hand, will be experiencing weather changes in the form of Flash Floods, Deep Snows, droughts and want to move here and trash it here. No thanks. Clean up your own backyard and stay the hell out of here.
Oh shut up. Yeah we won't know what snow is bs is bs.

Not everyone in the world wants or can accept all electric automobiles. Why are certain factions in the US trying to force this all electric cars on the entire world?. It is not right or logical.
If it makes more sense for the planet we will go battery power. Sorry.

But what about you guys who have classics? I’m sure there will be a few gas stations who sell gas. This should make gas cheap because lots of supply and no demand.

where did I say that???
Post #6 you idiot.

False

I hunt in a very conservative republican part of Michigan. Guess what? Windmills everywhere. It’s in the Michigan thumb. Very windy there. It’d be stupid not to harvest energy via the wind up there.

And I love it how republicans tried to pretend they cared about birds who get killed by turbines. That’s hilarious

Forum List

Back