Not supporting the war BUT supporting our troops

archangel said:
this is starting to really sound familiar....dejavu...1960's "War What is it good for...." wonder when the libs will start passing out the Tie dyed T-shirts..practice puckering up for the big spit off...and chant "Baby Killers"!

The names have changed over the years...but the message is still the same!
"Bring our boys home" Well golly gee maybe they want to finish what they started for once...my generation was denied the satisfaction...thus a favorite song in Vietnam..."I can't get no satisfaction"! Wake up children of the "Hippies" our troops say up yours! :salute:

BUMP!

GunnyL said:
I hate to go all partisan here, but you are defending two posters simply because they are liberal.

One, is an incoherent child, and perhaps you should read some of his posts from yesterday before judging me. I was about as patient as a person can be.

The other insulted me with his first post in this thread. I responded in kind. Perhaps you should discuss his name-calling with HIM?

Oh yea, I'm the conservative ..... :rolleyes:

I have to protect my own. ;)

no1tovote4 said:
Buh-bye? LOL.

Your disregard is shown in how you speak to and treat veterans, I have seen your "high regard" as represented by your true actions and wish to have none of it.

Okay. I really don't care.

ProudDem said:
Sometimes.

Why? If they're being stupid, allow them to be educated. Defending them regardless of their own stupidity only makes YOU look bad.

ProudDem said:
Okay. I really don't care.

Finally a bit of truth.

Filling a basket to send to somebody you believe to be an automaton following orders and knuckle-dragging their way through an illegal or foolish action doesn't tend to show support if at the same time you disregard them as people. It might make you feel better about the disregard you have for them, but it is not support.

Shattered said:
Why? If they're being stupid, allow them to be educated. Defending them regardless of their own stupidity only makes YOU look bad.

Shattered, I said sometimes, and I meant it. "Being stupid" is in the eye of the beholder. Are you the one who said that my credibility was at stake over the weekend? If you think I look bad, that's fine. I guess you think that such is supposed to hurt me. Okay.

no1tovote4 said:
Finally a bit of truth.

Filling a basket to send to somebody you believe to be an automaton following orders and knuckle-dragging their way through an illegal or foolish action doesn't tend to show support if at the same time you disregard them as people. It might make you feel better about the disregard you have for them, but it is not support.

OMG, I am so hurt. :(

YAWN.

ProudDem said:
Shattered, I said sometimes, and I meant it. "Being stupid" is in the eye of the beholder. Are you the one who said that my credibility was at stake over the weekend? If you think I look bad, that's fine. I guess you think that such is supposed to hurt me. Okay.

I haven't mentioned a word about your credibility - perhaps you should check the posts again? I merely stated that supporting stupidity makes you look stupid - as in this case.

Shattered said:
I haven't mentioned a word about your credibility - perhaps you should check the posts again? I merely stated that supporting stupidity makes you look stupid - as in this case.

I was asking you because someone said something about my credibility, and they said it in a similar way that you did. That's all.

Yeah yeah yeah, you think I look stupid. OMG, I am devastated! :cry:

ProudDem said:
I was asking you because someone said something about my credibility, and they said it in a similar way that you did. That's all.

Yeah yeah yeah, you think I look stupid. OMG, I am devastated! :cry:

So.. you're hearing the same thing from multiple people - so often you're getting them confused, and yet you still don't see a problem/pattern?

How weird...

insein said:
So you support the war then if they arent doing anything illegal? The principles of the war are clear to you and you agree with them, therefore you support the war and are rooting for the troops to win the war.
No, I support the troops, they are doing NOTHING illegal. The threat they are facing, really IS their enemy, OUR enemy.
They have every right to protect themselves. Its very understandable with the threat they are facing..
They were/are fighting thousands and thousands of enemies in fallujah, large groups of enemies. These are MAJOR threats.
Even when a little kid picks up an AK and our soldier shoots him, only to find out it was just a piece of an ak, garbage. I don't blame our soldier for what he did.
Its the nature of this type of war that i blame.

TROOPS: NOTHING ILLEGAL
THE DECISION OF WAR: ILLEGAL

Why is it our troops fault?

Shattered said:
So.. you're hearing the same thing from multiple people - so often you're getting them confused, and yet you still don't see a problem/pattern?

How weird...

If I cared about the person making the statement, I might see a problem. But both of you are conservatives, who like to twist my words around, and so I accord your assessment NO probative value whatsoever.

GUNNYL, same thing for you.

would you blame the troops for someting they have no part in?
Your marines have done NOTHING illegal. Those are their enemies down there, i dont disagree with that. Its the decision, by someone far away from them and their procedures.

ProudDem said:
...conservatives, who like to twist my words around...
I know! its so annoying, its like they don't even know they are doing it. EVEN when they do a perfect twist.

ProudDem said:
If I cared about the person making the statement, I might see a problem. But both of you are conservatives, who like to twist my words around, and so I accord your assessment NO probative value whatsoever.

Now, not only are you treating the ones you know to be veterans on the site as valueless knuckledraggers thus devaluing your own "support" through negative action, you now have shown that you think that you think that no opinion from a conservative has value either. That is floccinaucinihilipilification brought to an extreme.

I gave value to your opinion, I gave respect in my answers throughout the thread and in return we hear that nothing you hear from a conservative will be given value by you?

That you can string five words together at a time doesn't change the fact that if you truly find all things stated by conservatives as valueless you are simply a troll and will bring nothing of value to the site. I would hope that you would be above such posturing. Are you truly wishing to state this, or are you having issues with the idea that words you state and actions you take mean something?

xen said:
No, I support the troops, they are doing NOTHING illegal. The threat they are facing, really IS their enemy, OUR enemy.
They have every right to protect themselves. Its very understandable with the threat they are facing..
They were/are fighting thousands and thousands of enemies in fallujah, large groups of enemies. These are MAJOR threats.
Even when a little kid picks up an AK and our soldier shoots him, only to find out it was just a piece of an ak, garbage. I don't blame our soldier for what he did.
Its the nature of this type of war that i blame.

Why is it our troops fault?

You tell me. Your the one saying that their actions are illegal. I never said the war was illegal. By saying the "War is illegal" your saying that all those who take part in this war are criminals. If you feel that something is a crime, then are the people that commit said crime not criminals?

Forum List

Back