🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Notre Dame women's basketball coach is asked if she would ever hire a male assistant coach: "No".

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
She's free to hire the best qualified assistant coach, but I don't believe she's free to deny someone due to their gender.
It's time for the ND Athletic Director to take this woman out to the woodshed.

Canzano: Final Four gets a dose of gender gasoline
Updated 10:11 AM; Today 6:05 AM

[QUOTE
Muffet McGraw didn’t start the gender debate.

She just threw gasoline on it.

The Notre Dame women’s basketball coach was quoted last week in a story that is sure to ignite a polarizing debate at the women’s Final Four in Tampa.

She said, “People are hiring too many men.”

The two-time national champion coach said women “need” and “deserve” the opportunities in college basketball. It’s why she said Notre Dame has had an all-female coaching staff for the last seven seasons.
][/QUOTE]

Canzano: Final Four gets a dose of gender gasoline

Last edited:
She said, “People are hiring too many men.”
Why should anyone do less than their best to make another person feel better. Yes, its commendable to put another person's feelings first, but at the end of the day, how honest are you being when doing such a thing?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I hate to sound cliche`, but just try to imagine if a male coach publicly made the comment that they would never hire a female assistant coach.

Most women sports are money losers that the taxpayer, cable TV and sports fans that go to other college or pro games pay for.

If a male coach said he'd never hire a female assistant heads would spin and explode

Hence the problem with all this gender, PC equality bullshit

.....they are like the blacks =HYPOCRITES
I heard this ugly fat lady who was in charge of sports at an all girls school , say when a guy got something for her/etc '' that's a good male'''.......jesus christ if a man said the opposite --they would lose their minds

She could be Feminazi, and also an angry SJW. Plus she went to St. Joe's, so I have to hate her. It's the law.

Last edited:
It could also be a case of not haing confidence that the male assistant wouldn't get her job if the program were to go into an extended slump. Even worse if that male coach were to turn things around. That said, the only female I personally have seen that could coach men would be Pat Summit in her prime. She could have commanded the men's respect based on her reputation.

Forum List

Back