Now do the Dems own the economy?

Bush's SEC let Wall Street run a derivatives Ponzi scheme that destroyed the world economy.

Bush was the goose that flew into the engine.

Obama landed the plane in the Hudson.

It's a good thing that Obama let derivatives grow even larger.

Freeze $1.5 Qaudrillion Derivs As First Step To Recovery

The G-20 leaders are must deliberate a new set of policies capable of leading humanity out of the current crisis. We must first identify the immediate cause which has detonated the present unprecedented turbulence. That cause is unquestionably the $1.5 quadrillion derivatives bubble. Derivatives have provoked the downfall of Bear Stearns, Countrywide, Northern Rock, Lehman Brothers, AIG, Merrill Lynch, and Wachovia, and most other institutions which have succumbed. Derivatives have made J.P. Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Citibank, Wells Fargo, Bank of New York Mellon, Deutsche Bank, Société Générale, Barclays, RBS, and money center banks of the world into Zombie Banks.

Derivatives are financial instruments based on other financial instruments * paper based on paper. Derivatives are one giant step away from the world of production and consumption, plant and equipment, wages and employment in the production of tangible physical wealth or hard commodities. In the present hysteria of the globalized financial oligarchy, the very term of "derivative" has become taboo: commentators prefer to speak of toxic assets, complex securities, exotic instruments, and counterparty arrangements. At the time of the Bear Stearns bankruptcy, Bernanke warned against "chaotic unwinding." All of these code words are signals that derivatives are being talked about. Derivatives include such exchange traded speculative instruments as options and futures; beyond these are the over-the-counter derivatives, structured notes, and designer derivatives. Derivatives include the credit default swaps so prominent in the fall of AIG, collateralized debt obligations, structured investment vehicles, asset-backed securities, mortgage backed securities, auction rate securities, and a myriad of other toxic variations. These derivatives, in turn, are pyramided one on top of the other, thus creating a house of cards reaching into interplanetary space.

As long as this huge mass of kited derivatives was experiencing positive cash flow and positive leverage, the profits generated at the apex of the pyramid were astronomical. But disturbances at the base of the pyramid turned the cash flow and exponential leverage negative, and the losses at the top of the pyramid became immense and uncontrollable. By 2005-6, the disturbances were visible in the form of a looming crisis of the automobile sector, plus the slowing of the housing bubble cynically and deliberately created by the Federal Reserve in the wake of the collapse of the dot com bubble, the third world debt bubble. and the other asset bubbles favored by Greenspan. Financiers are trying to blame the current depression on poor people who acquired properties with the help of subprime mortgages, and then defaulted, thus * it is alleged -- bringing down the entire world banking system! This is a fantastic and reactionary myth. The cause of the depression is derivatives, and this means that the perpetrators to be held responsible are not poor mortgage holders, but rather globalized investment bankers and hedge fund operators, the derivatives merchants. We are now in the throes of a world wide derivatives panic. This panic has been gathering momentum for at least a year, since the fall of Bear Stearns. There is no power on earth which can prevent this panic from destroying most of the current mass of toxic derivatives. It is however possible that the ongoing attempts to bail out, shore up, and otherwise preserve the deadly mass of derivatives will destroy human civilization as we have known it. We must choose between the continued existence of derivatives speculation on the one hand, and the survival of human society worldwide on the other. If this be crude populism, make the most of it.

Just my opinion on the subject.

I believe all of those assholes who traded worthless pieces of paper, called Derivatives, and traded them to the alternate Universe at a minimum should be TARRED AND FEATHERED.

Their greed with FIAT MONEY has hurt more people on the planet than bullets.

Todd must be making money off of this shit. He defends FIAT MONEY even though it's all BS with nothing to back it up.

I don't sell my SOUL FOR MONEY.

Finally, Tar and Feathering them may not be enough. GET THE ROPE.

Bush's SEC let Wall Street run a derivatives Ponzi scheme that destroyed the world economy.

Bush was the goose that flew into the engine.

Obama landed the plane in the Hudson.

It's a good thing that Obama let derivatives grow even larger.

Freeze $1.5 Qaudrillion Derivs As First Step To Recovery

The G-20 leaders are must deliberate a new set of policies capable of leading humanity out of the current crisis. We must first identify the immediate cause which has detonated the present unprecedented turbulence. That cause is unquestionably the $1.5 quadrillion derivatives bubble. Derivatives have provoked the downfall of Bear Stearns, Countrywide, Northern Rock, Lehman Brothers, AIG, Merrill Lynch, and Wachovia, and most other institutions which have succumbed. Derivatives have made J.P. Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Citibank, Wells Fargo, Bank of New York Mellon, Deutsche Bank, Société Générale, Barclays, RBS, and money center banks of the world into Zombie Banks.

Derivatives are financial instruments based on other financial instruments * paper based on paper. Derivatives are one giant step away from the world of production and consumption, plant and equipment, wages and employment in the production of tangible physical wealth or hard commodities. In the present hysteria of the globalized financial oligarchy, the very term of "derivative" has become taboo: commentators prefer to speak of toxic assets, complex securities, exotic instruments, and counterparty arrangements. At the time of the Bear Stearns bankruptcy, Bernanke warned against "chaotic unwinding." All of these code words are signals that derivatives are being talked about. Derivatives include such exchange traded speculative instruments as options and futures; beyond these are the over-the-counter derivatives, structured notes, and designer derivatives. Derivatives include the credit default swaps so prominent in the fall of AIG, collateralized debt obligations, structured investment vehicles, asset-backed securities, mortgage backed securities, auction rate securities, and a myriad of other toxic variations. These derivatives, in turn, are pyramided one on top of the other, thus creating a house of cards reaching into interplanetary space.

As long as this huge mass of kited derivatives was experiencing positive cash flow and positive leverage, the profits generated at the apex of the pyramid were astronomical. But disturbances at the base of the pyramid turned the cash flow and exponential leverage negative, and the losses at the top of the pyramid became immense and uncontrollable. By 2005-6, the disturbances were visible in the form of a looming crisis of the automobile sector, plus the slowing of the housing bubble cynically and deliberately created by the Federal Reserve in the wake of the collapse of the dot com bubble, the third world debt bubble. and the other asset bubbles favored by Greenspan. Financiers are trying to blame the current depression on poor people who acquired properties with the help of subprime mortgages, and then defaulted, thus * it is alleged -- bringing down the entire world banking system! This is a fantastic and reactionary myth. The cause of the depression is derivatives, and this means that the perpetrators to be held responsible are not poor mortgage holders, but rather globalized investment bankers and hedge fund operators, the derivatives merchants. We are now in the throes of a world wide derivatives panic. This panic has been gathering momentum for at least a year, since the fall of Bear Stearns. There is no power on earth which can prevent this panic from destroying most of the current mass of toxic derivatives. It is however possible that the ongoing attempts to bail out, shore up, and otherwise preserve the deadly mass of derivatives will destroy human civilization as we have known it. We must choose between the continued existence of derivatives speculation on the one hand, and the survival of human society worldwide on the other. If this be crude populism, make the most of it.

As long as this huge mass of kited derivatives was experiencing positive cash flow and positive leverage, the profits generated at the apex of the pyramid were astronomical.

If one owner of the derivative is making money, the other side is losing money.
No pyramid involved.

Derivatives have provoked the downfall of Bear Stearns, Countrywide, Northern Rock, Lehman Brothers, AIG, Merrill Lynch, and Wachovia, and most other institutions which have succumbed.

Nope. Bear, Countrywide, Lehman, Merrill and Wachovia failed because they held too many mortgages or mortgage securities. In Bear and Lehman's case, they financed massive bond positions with overnight loans. When they got in trouble, no one would roll over the loans and they didn't have enough good collateral to secure continued funding.

I don't know enough about Northern Rock, so I won't comment on them.

AIG is the only one that can be blamed on derivatives.

History repeats itself..................

1933 Banking Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Before and after the Wall Street Crash of 1929 Senator Glass used this commercial banking theory to criticize banks for their involvement in securities markets. Glass condemned banks for lending to stock market “speculators” and for underwriting “risky” or “utterly worthless” securities, particularly foreign securities, that were sold to unsophisticated bank depositors and small “correspondent banks.”[31]
Glass opposed direct bank involvement in these activities and indirect involvement through “securities affiliates.” Such affiliates were typically owned by the same shareholders as the bank, with the affiliate’s shares held in a “voting trust” or other device that ensured bank management controlled the affiliate. Glass and Willis viewed such affiliates as artificial devices to evade limits on bank activities. Large banks such as National City Bank (predecessor to Citibank) and Chase National Bank typically used such securities affiliates to underwrite securities.[32]
Glass and Willis criticized all forms of “illiquid loans” including bank real estate lending. They were, however, especially critical of bank securities activities. Willis identified bank investments in, and loans to finance purchases of, government securities during World War I as the beginning of the corruption of commercial banking that culminated in the “speculative excesses” of the 1920s.[33]
Glass and Willis also identified the “unit banking” system of small, single office banks as a basic weakness of U.S. banking.[34] The Glass bills tried to limit banks to their “proper” commercial banking activities and to permit banks to expand their geographic operations through greater permission for branch banking.[35]

I believe all of those assholes who traded worthless pieces of paper, called Derivatives, and traded them to the alternate Universe at a minimum should be TARRED AND FEATHERED.

Todd must be making money off of this shit. He defends FIAT MONEY even though it's all BS with nothing to back it up.

Let me guess, the Federal Reserve has no reserves and isn't federal? :lol:

History repeats itself..................

1933 Banking Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Before and after the Wall Street Crash of 1929 Senator Glass used this commercial banking theory to criticize banks for their involvement in securities markets. Glass condemned banks for lending to stock market “speculators” and for underwriting “risky” or “utterly worthless” securities, particularly foreign securities, that were sold to unsophisticated bank depositors and small “correspondent banks.”[31]
Glass opposed direct bank involvement in these activities and indirect involvement through “securities affiliates.” Such affiliates were typically owned by the same shareholders as the bank, with the affiliate’s shares held in a “voting trust” or other device that ensured bank management controlled the affiliate. Glass and Willis viewed such affiliates as artificial devices to evade limits on bank activities. Large banks such as National City Bank (predecessor to Citibank) and Chase National Bank typically used such securities affiliates to underwrite securities.[32]
Glass and Willis criticized all forms of “illiquid loans” including bank real estate lending. They were, however, especially critical of bank securities activities. Willis identified bank investments in, and loans to finance purchases of, government securities during World War I as the beginning of the corruption of commercial banking that culminated in the “speculative excesses” of the 1920s.[33]
Glass and Willis also identified the “unit banking” system of small, single office banks as a basic weakness of U.S. banking.[34] The Glass bills tried to limit banks to their “proper” commercial banking activities and to permit banks to expand their geographic operations through greater permission for branch banking.[35]

Before and after the Wall Street Crash of 1929 Senator Glass used this commercial banking theory to criticize banks for their involvement in securities markets.

I can't think of a single commercial bank that failed because they were involved in the securities market after Glass-Steagall was repealed. Can you?

The Federal Reserve is to be monitored by Congress. But it sure as hell isn't FEDERAL................Ha ha ha ha.

The Stock Holders are the Banks. These Banks have most of the planets Derivatives holdings. And most of these banks bailed themselves out with loans from themselves.

Federal Reserve made $9 trillion in emergency loans - Dec. 1, 2010

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The Federal Reserve made $9 trillion in overnight loans to major banks and Wall Street firms during the financial crisis, according to newly revealed data released Wednesday.

The loans were made through a special loan program set up by the Fed in the wake of the Bear Stearns collapse in March 2008 to keep the nation's bond markets trading normally.

10 Things That Every American Should Know About The Federal Reserve

#4 The Federal Reserve Can Bail Out Whoever It Wants To With No Accountability

The American people got so upset about the bailouts that Congress gave to the Wall Street banks and to the big automakers, but did you know that the biggest bailouts of all were given out by the Federal Reserve?

Thanks to a very limited audit of the Federal Reserve that Congress approved a while back, we learned that the Fed made trillions of dollars in secret bailout loans to the big Wall Street banks during the last financial crisis. They even secretly loaned out hundreds of billions of dollars to foreign banks.

According to the results of the limited Fed audit mentioned above, a total of $16.1 trillion in secret loans were made by the Federal Reserve between December 1, 2007 and July 21, 2010.

The following is a list of loan recipients that was taken directly from page 131 of the audit report....

Citigroup - $2.513 trillion
Morgan Stanley - $2.041 trillion
Merrill Lynch - $1.949 trillion
Bank of America - $1.344 trillion
Barclays PLC - $868 billion
Bear Sterns - $853 billion
Goldman Sachs - $814 billion
Royal Bank of Scotland - $541 billion
JP Morgan Chase - $391 billion
Deutsche Bank - $354 billion
UBS - $287 billion
Credit Suisse - $262 billion
Lehman Brothers - $183 billion
Bank of Scotland - $181 billion
BNP Paribas - $175 billion
Wells Fargo - $159 billion
Dexia - $159 billion
Wachovia - $142 billion
Dresdner Bank - $135 billion
Societe Generale - $124 billion
"All Other Borrowers" - $2.639 trillion

So why haven't we heard more about this?

This is scandalous.

In addition, it turns out that the Fed paid enormous sums of money to the big Wall Street banks to help "administer" these nearly interest-free loans....

Not only did the Federal Reserve give 16.1 trillion dollars in nearly interest-free loans to the "too big to fail" banks, the Fed also paid them over 600 million dollars to help run the emergency lending program. According to the GAO, the Federal Reserve shelled out an astounding $659.4 million in "fees" to the very financial institutions which caused the financial crisis in the first place.

Does reading that make you angry?

It should.

LOL

Then they paid back TARP with interest..................

LOL

LOL

Snake oil salesmen would agree.

Hey Todd.

Fix the debt for us.

Call your banking buddies and give our nation a 17 TRILLION DOLLAR interest Free Loan.

It can be done over night.

They should be in PRISON.

The Federal Reserve is to be monitored by Congress. But it sure as hell isn't FEDERAL................Ha ha ha ha.

The Stock Holders are the Banks. These Banks have most of the planets Derivatives holdings. And most of these banks bailed themselves out with loans from themselves.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The Federal Reserve made $9 trillion in overnight loans to major banks and Wall Street firms during the financial crisis, according to newly revealed data released Wednesday.

The loans were made through a special loan program set up by the Fed in the wake of the Bear Stearns collapse in March 2008 to keep the nation's bond markets trading normally.

But it sure as hell isn't FEDERAL................Ha ha ha ha.

Created by Congress, signed into existence by the President.
The President appoints the members of the Board of Governors, including the Chairman and Vice Chairman, who must then be approved by the Senate.
Vast majority of earnings turned over to the US Treasury.
Naw...not Federal. :lol:

The Stock Holders are the Banks.

Yup. Member banks earned $1.6 billion in dividends from their "stock" last year.
The US Treasury earned $89 billion and doesn't own a share.

The problem isn't really in Washington.

The problem is the one's holding their purse strings.

The Head of the snake is in the last post..

The President appoints the members of the Board of Governors, including the Chairman and Vice Chairman, who must then be approved by the Senate.

Yup. Member banks earned $1.6 billion in dividends from their "stock" last year.

And those in the Gov't are tied to these bankers. Ha Ha Ha. Not Federal Ha Ha Ha

Perhaps Levin is right. End the fucking Fed by Amendment process. We get charged to create our own money out of thin air.

And you defend it. Probably because you make money on it.

You deny their involvement in the crash. Saying Derivatives into Interplanetary space good.

aka You don't give a fuck what it does to our people when these assholes tank the system. Your a traitor.

And those in the Gov't are tied to these bankers. Ha Ha Ha. Not Federal Ha Ha Ha

Perhaps Levin is right. End the fucking Fed by Amendment process. We get charged to create our own money out of thin air.

You deny their involvement in the crash. Saying Derivatives into Interplanetary space good.

aka You don't give a fuck what it does to our people when these assholes tank the system. Your a traitor.

Da, Comrade Lenin, I mean Levin must be right. LOL!

We get charged to create our own money out of thin air.

Please explain, because I love this silly claim.

You deny their involvement in the crash.

Yes, I deny any banks failed because they held derivatives.
Feel free to provide evidence to the contrary.

LOL

They lent themselves 16 fucking Trillion dollars to save their sorry asses. Of course they didn't fucking fail. They get to print or loan themselves money out of thin air.

You are a tool.

LOL

They lent themselves 16 fucking Trillion dollars to save their sorry asses. Of course they didn't fucking fail. They get to print or loan themselves money out of thin air.

You are a tool.

Plenty of banks failed. None because of derivatives.

You're a moron.

Have you called them yet...................

We need that 0% loan to pay off the National debt................

We'll even let them get the brokerage fee. But, so sorry the interest on the debt will be gone.

We'll even let them get the brokerage fee. But, so sorry the interest on the debt will be gone.

Federal interest on the debt is at extremely low levels, even as Obama boosts the debt to record ($17 trillion+) levels.

Get your house in order and reduce spending, 'cause higher rates are coming. :muahaha:

LOL

You are a tool.

Plenty of banks failed. None because of derivatives.

You're a moron.

And your a fucking tool.

You ignore they hit the enter key to get 16 trillion and charged the Gov't, aka the taxpayers, to do it.

They only survived because they own the fucking Federal Reserve and members of Congress, and the Treasury.

But naw, Credit Default Swaps, aka Derivatives had nothing to do with it.

Side bet, let's throw a Watermelon off the empire state building and bet on it all the way down. Kinda like the stock markets. Don't get stuck with it when it hits. Sell early. Maybe trading will stop at the 30th floor.

What do you think TRAITOR.

Federal interest on the debt is at extremely low levels, even as Obama boosts the debt to record ($17 trillion+) levels.

Get your house in order and reduce spending, 'cause higher rates are coming. :muahaha:

No shit sherlock.....................

As soon as the influx of Fiat Money ends, the shits gonna hit the fan..........................

When will they pull the cards out from the bottom Todd. Are you out yet, or waiting.

Forum List

Back