Now I can carry my gun in all states...thanks gay marriage ruling.....

loving v Virginia ----- marriage is a fundamental right which can only be abridged if there is a substantial governmental interest.
A question you won't understand:
the legal institution of marriage exists because of the law that create it.
If those laws are repealed, the legal institution off marriage ceases to exist.
How can marriage be a right if it ceases to exist when the legislation that created it repealed?

that I wouldn't understand? lol... you're funny,..

what legal definition are you talking about? the one addressed in loving was marriage between people of different races.

I know you can't comprehend the analogy... but anti-miscegeny laws were found to illegally define marriage... same for the anti gay legislation.

perhaps a little more comprehension and a little less bigotry on your part would be helpful?

definitions change... separate but equal was acceptable under plessy v ferguson... it wasn't after brown v bd of ed.

I don't get why wingers don't understand that.

Well.....one of those unintended consequences.......if gay marriage is constitutional in all 50 states due to the constitution...then now so is carrying a concealed gun......thanks gay marriage, a silver lining to your gay cloud....

Bearing ArmsSCOTUS Ruling On Same-Sex Marriage Mandates Nationwide Concealed Carry Reciprocity - Bearing Arms

The vast majority of states are “shall issue” on the matter of issuing concealed carry permits, and enjoy reciprocity with a large number of other states.

My North Carolina concealed carry permit, for example, was recognized yesterday as being valid in 36 states, which just so happened to be the number of states in which gay marriage was legal yesterday. But 14 states did not recognize my concealed carry permit yesterday.

Today they must.

Using the same “due process clause” argument as the Supreme Court just applied to gay marriage, my concealed carry permit must now be recognized as valid in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

A good day for gun rights....

you should probably try reading the decision... with comprehension. because you clearly don't have a clue what it says or why.

the ruling has nothing to do with gun rights and in no way can be compared with a ruling on gun rights. :cuckoo:
Absolutely right

Considering the fact that Roberts said the decision had nothing to do with the Constitution

you lack understanding. what roberts said is BS. and he knows it....

let me speak more slowly so you understand, darlin'

loving v Virginia ----- marriage is a fundamental right which can only be abridged if there is a substantial governmental interest.

if what Roberts said was true, then loving wouldn't have a constitutional basis either... which is a bunch of hooey...

I hope that helps.

and, luckily, what Roberts said is just a dissent with no effect in law.

it wasn't even as amusing as Scalia's insane meltdown.
I thought we passed condescension ages ago, 'sweet cheeks'.

But riddle me this:
Marriage is a fundamental right? Why do marriage licenses cost money?
Gun ownership is a fundamental right? Why do I have to pay for a background check and an even more ridiculous amount of money for my CWP?
Voting is also a fundamental right, but asking for $1 for an ID is an unfair "poll tax"??

We really need clarification of "fundamental rights" and if they're free or subject to a tax

A question you won't understand:
the legal institution of marriage exists because of the law that create it.
If those laws are repealed, the legal institution off marriage ceases to exist.
How can marriage be a right if it ceases to exist when the legislation that created it repealed?
that I wouldn't understand? lol.
Either you did not understand it or you deliberately avoided it - your choice.
what legal definition are you talking about?
The one where the state creates, through legislation, the legal institution of marriage and defines its rights, responsibilities, privileges and protections for and between those to engage in it.

Now then...
If those laws are repealed, the legal institution of marriage ceases to exist.

Last edited:
Well.....one of those unintended consequences.......if gay marriage is constitutional in all 50 states due to the constitution...then now so is carrying a concealed gun......thanks gay marriage, a silver lining to your gay cloud....

Well that makes as much sense as those who think that they can now marry their cow because of the ruling.

Feel free to take your concealed gun to New York City and walk up to a policeman and tell him that its legal for you to have that gun now.

Feel free to take your concealed gun to New York City and walk up to a policeman and tell him that its legal for you to have that gun now.
You clearly do not understand the argument made here.

The argument made by the OP is that the Supreme Court decision says he can now carry his concealed gun anywhere.

Stupid argument and that is what I was pointing out.

How sad it is to never outgrow playing cowboy.

Especially when it involves very dangerous real firearms.

Fear of impotence is strong.
My fear of my government is stronger

firearms aren't for you to arm against your delusions...

the second amendment is for militia to fight FOR the government. had that not been the case, treason wouldn't be the only crime set out in the constitution....

no matter what your wacko neo confederate insurrectionist freaks tell you

Wow...try reading the federalist papers or any of the founders....you are wrong. And again, the Confederate States were a democrat controlled orgnaization, the first President of the Confederate States was Jefferson Davis who was a racist democrat.

Being so afraid of the government that one carries a firearm everywhere, all the time, is the very definition of paranoid.
In any case, it is not a serious proposition that a loose militia today could withstand the modern US Army for more than the briefest time.

Rights are something that can be exercised.
Good sense is exercising rights with prudence.
Ostentatious and excessive exercise of the 'right to bear arms' will lead to a diminution of that 'right'.

Bearing ArmsSCOTUS Ruling On Same-Sex Marriage Mandates Nationwide Concealed Carry Reciprocity - Bearing Arms

The vast majority of states are “shall issue” on the matter of issuing concealed carry permits, and enjoy reciprocity with a large number of other states.

My North Carolina concealed carry permit, for example, was recognized yesterday as being valid in 36 states, which just so happened to be the number of states in which gay marriage was legal yesterday. But 14 states did not recognize my concealed carry permit yesterday.

Today they must.

Using the same “due process clause” argument as the Supreme Court just applied to gay marriage, my concealed carry permit must now be recognized as valid in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Yeah, good luck with that.

LOL.

Go to NYC and tell the first cop you see you got a weapon....

Fuck off and enjoy your time in jail.

Today they must.

Yeah, good luck with that.

LOL.

Go to NYC and tell the first cop you see you got a weapon....

Fuck off and enjoy your time in jail.

Yes...aren't you the asshole......

Being so afraid of the government that one carries a firearm everywhere, all the time, is the very definition of paranoid.
In any case, it is not a serious proposition that a loose militia today could withstand the modern US Army for more than the briefest time.

Wow...if only you had explained that to the terrorists in Iraq and Afghanistan they probably would have just quit 14 years ago........considering the held of the most powerful military in the world with small arms and improvised explosives.....dipshit.....

Only a foolish firearm fetishist would compare the fat, beer-guzzling, chip slopping cowards polishing their long barrels in America to the Afghan fighters and their centuries of resistance.
And when stricter controls are inflicted on we reasonable, responsible people who like having the choice of owning firearms, it will be tough-talking, disrespectful 'dips' like 'guy' to thank.

Last edited:
As much as I would like that to be the case, I'm afraid it won't stand up.

As Jillian pointed out here:
you lack understanding. what roberts said is BS. and he knows it....

let me speak more slowly so you understand, darlin'

if what Roberts said was true, then loving wouldn't have a constitutional basis either... which is a bunch of hooey...

I hope that helps.

and, luckily, what Roberts said is just a dissent with no effect in law.

it wasn't even as amusing as Scalia's insane meltdown.

They'll just find that gun control is of substantial government interest.

I am almost positive they even stated such in either the National Firearms Act of 1934 or the Gun Control Act of 1963 (but I can't for the life of me find the statement - was a judge opinion if I recall.)

Today they must.

So your argument is that if one thing that is protected by the constitution is allowed in all states, then something else which isn't protected by the constitution should also be allowed in all states.

Do you not see the irrationality of such a statement.

Presser said carrying arms was not a right. The Heller case reaffirmed the Presser case ruling. Go figure.

Bear arms means the right to be in the militia.

ROBERTSON v. BALDWIN, 165 U.S. 275 (1897)

the right of the people to keep and bear arms (article 2) is not infringed by laws prohibiting the carrying of concealed weapons;”

Amendment II House of Representatives Amendments to the Constitution

In the House Mr Gerry said:
"Now, I am apprehensive, sir, that this clause would give an opportunity to the people in power to destroy the constitution itself. They can declare who are those religiously scrupulous, and prevent them from bearing arms."

This was in reference to:

"but no person religiously scrupulous shall be compelled to bear arms."

If bear arms were to carry arms, then it seems a little strange that the House would be trying to compel people to walk around carrying a gun.

Then Mr Gerry said:
"Now, if we give a discretionary power to exclude those from militia duty who have religious scruples, we may as well make no provision on this head. "

Clearly Mr Gerry was using "bear arms" to mean "militia duty".

"Mr. Jackson was willing to accommodate. He thought the expression was, "No one, religiously scrupulous of bearing arms, shall be compelled to render military service, in person, upon paying an equivalent.""

So, again, we have "bear arms" meaning "render military service" as well as "militia duty".

There's plenty of other evidence that supports the same thing.

There is no right to carry arms. Even the NRA has supported Carry and Conceal permits, which if there were a right to carry arms, would be unconstitutional. So why does the NRA support them then?

In a perfect world, the same Constitutional standard would apply to gun rights, but it ain't gonna happen.

Even if such a court case ever made it's way that far up the judicial ladder (very improbable IMO), the SCOTUS is far too political to force restrictive states like New York and California to recognize the 2A.

Recognise the 2A or recognise what you think the 2A is?

Marriage can be a 'right' without being a legal institution.

Self defense is a right.....wether you gun grabbing nuts want it to be or not....

Self defence is a right, however you don't NEED a gun to be able to defend yourself. I could defend myself with lots of things. Like a TV, for example. So, what? Are TVs protected by the 2A because you could defend yourself with one?

Forum List

Back