NOW Liberals Care About the National Debt!

Let's try, free college education, free medical insurance, free food, free housing, free drugs, open borders, closed prisons, no military, no religion, baby death at will for free, taxes at 80% .. etc. etc. etc.

... the liberal Democratic Party plan.. it sounds brilliant and so economically sound... :lol:
You got a link to that plan? Say it accurately or don’t say it at all

What, I kept my embellishments to a minimum.. where do you disagree.?

Why didn't liberals voice any concern about the national debt when Barack Obama was piling up more debt than George W. Bush and Ronald Reagan combined? And what did we have to show for all that debt? Answer: the weakest economic growth since the Great Depression, the worst median family income levels in decades, and the worst U6 unemployment rate for an 8-year period in decades. Liberals were okay with that debt because it came from government borrowing and spending. Yet now, suddenly, liberals are screaming about the national debt because they mistakenly believe that tax cuts will cause a decrease in federal revenue and that therefore tax cuts will increase the deficit and the debt, yet history shows that federal revenue has gone up after every major tax cut since the early 1900s.

Anyway, let's just get some facts straight about the debt:
  • Obama added $7.9 trillion to the national debt in 8 years.
  • Bush Jr. added $5.8 trillion to the national debt in 8 years.
  • Clinton added $0 to the national debt in 8 years.
  • Bush Sr. added $1.5 trillion to the national debt in 4 years.
  • Reagan added $1.8 trillion to the national debt in 8 years.
If the Republicans had not forced some modest spending restraint on Obama in his last three years, he likely would have ended up adding more debt than the Bushes and Reagan combined did in 20 years. The Republicans saved Obama from achieving that infamy, but Obama still piled up more debt than both Bushes did in 12 years and more debt than Bush Jr. and Reagan did in 16 years.

More info: Which President Added Most to the U.S. Debt?

Trump is great....he is the first Republican to get democrats to worry about the debt, the deficit and to think Russia is an enemy instead of a democrat friend, and he is the first person to ever get Hollywood to actually think that rape and sexual predation is a bad thing.......all in his first year......

Obama cut the deficit in half from where it was when he took office. Who's the last Republican president to do that?

How did he do that when it's the Congress that has our checkbook?

Then how did he add 10 trillion to our debt as every RWnut on this forum claims?

The threat of a government shutdown for one. And that did actually happen because of spending gripes between DumBama and Congress. Same for losing our three star credit rating for the first time in history. Plus much of the money was spent during his first two years with a Democrat Congress.

Obama cut the deficit in half from where it was when he took office. Who's the last Republican president to do that?

Then how did he add 10 trillion to our debt as every RWnut on this forum claims?

The threat of a government shutdown for one. And that did actually happen because of spending gripes between DumBama and Congress. Same for losing our three star credit rating for the first time in history. Plus much of the money was spent during his first two years with a Democrat Congress.

lol, I remember the credit matter. That was, rightly, blamed on the Republicans in Congress. By the ratings agencies themselves.

The thing is...

Democrats run up debts to keep people from starving during recessions.

Republicans run up debts to fight wars and give tax breaks to billionaires.

Sometimes motives matter a little more than results.

Democrats run up debt to create as many new government dependents as possible. During DumBama, the Democrats created 40 million new government dependents between food stamps and Commie Care alone.

lol, I remember the credit matter. That was, rightly, blamed on the Republicans in Congress. By the ratings agencies themselves.

No, it was blamed on Republicans by the MSM. The truth is the rating was lost because Republicans wanted to spend less and DumBama wanted to spend more and they couldn't come to an agreement. It's been a problem throughout his two terms. The government shutdown, the three star credit rating, the sequester all had to do with the same thing.

As I sit here this am listening to the Deficit talk on all the stations I found it amusing that had Republicans not passed this tax change, our deficit would have grown 10 trillion dollars in 10 years. Now with it passed our deficit has SHRUNK to just 1.5 Trillion in ten years..

Dim wits didn't care as long as their hands were receiving the money. My how that shoe has changed to the other foot. They scream and wail about 1.5 Trillion in new debt but ignore that doing nothing and continuing on the democrat path was far worse... Hilarious...

Trump reduced our debt by 8.5 trillion dollars in the next ten years... Where is the news about that savings?

Democrats celebrated the "Marshall Plan" to rebuild Europe after WW2 and the U.S. was almost broke when Truman bungled the Korean War with half supplied Troops who didn't even have a coat in the harshest winters on the globe. Now the Euroes pretty much hate us and Korea is still unstable. The point is that democrats disregard the National Debit during democrat administrations even when the president showers terrorist regimes with U.S. dollars and offers golden parachutes to campaign contributors who head up failing solar energy companies.

And conservatives suddenly don't. Fun how that works.
Actually we do... The Tax plan reduced the debt by 8.5 Trillion. Had we done nothing it would have risen 10 trillion under the democrat plan. Now were just worried about 1.5 trillion instead. I guess it matters who's hands are out for handouts.. And that 1.5T will be washed away if we hold 4%GDP for just two short years.

N
Let's try, free college education, free medical insurance, free food, free housing, free drugs, open borders, closed prisons, no military, no religion, baby death at will for free, taxes at 80% .. etc. etc. etc.

... the liberal Democratic Party plan.. it sounds brilliant and so economically sound... :lol:

i just said to send a link showing who supports the agenda you laid out. I know you’re fucking around and all but at some point there’s gotta be some honest conversation

... the liberal Democratic Party plan.. it sounds brilliant, humanitarian and so economically sound...

Nobody has really proposed that, but never mind.

Here's the thing. Most European nations do these sorts of things, and they have a better standard of living than we do.

N

i just said to send a link showing who supports the agenda you laid out. I know you’re fucking around and all but at some point there’s gotta be some honest conversation

Okay, it's kinda rare to find a liberal interested in an honest conversation nowadays, so many full time Hate Trumpers on the left wishing for his destruction and failure along with the deplorables that support him.

Okay, it's kinda rare to find a liberal interested in an honest conversation nowadays, so many full time Hate Trumpers on the left wishing for his destruction and failure along with the deplorables that support him.

Again, the people said "No".

But even if Trump manages to get through four years without fucking it all up, the fact he got there playing on racism and misogyny is a sad commentary on us as a nation.

... the liberal Democratic Party plan.. it sounds brilliant, humanitarian and so economically sound...

Nobody has really proposed that, but never mind.

Here's the thing. Most European nations do these sorts of things, and they have a better standard of living than we do.

Liberals like instant gratification, they should move their like they promised to do if Trump Won... now that he's constantly winning and they keep losing they should be inspired to do so, and soon....:thup:

Liberals like instant gratification, they should move their like they promised to do if Trump Won... now that he's constantly winning and they keep losing they showed be inspired to do so, and soon....

Actually, he's not constantly winning. He's accomplished very little and is one of the most unpopular presidents in history.

Jesus fucking Christ, he lost a senate seat in Alabama!

It's only a debt when the Dems are in charge.

When the repubs are running things it's just a number out there in the ether that will have to be dealt with at some point in time.

N

Is the Trump hate really any worse than the Trump worship from the folks like you? One cannot have an honest conversation with either.

Liberals like instant gratification, they should move their like they promised to do if Trump Won... now that he's constantly winning and they keep losing they showed be inspired to do so, and soon....

Actually, he's not constantly winning. He's accomplished very little and is one of the most unpopular presidents in history.

Jesus fucking Christ, he lost a senate seat in Alabama!

Of course he did, it had nothing to do with the MSM and Moore.

Forum List

Back