Now Seinfeld slams Political Correctness

I don't know if they are being PC or just dumb asses, hard to tell.

Colleges are nothing more then money mills. Basically they are High School plus but without that one will have a hard time with getting a good job. So like the health care industry colleges have us by the short hairs and ain't letting us go, unless we run out of money.

Colleges are nothing more then money mills. Basically they are High School plus but without that one will have a hard time with getting a good job. So like the health care industry colleges have us by the short hairs and ain't letting us go, unless we run out of money.
Wow, someone who actually addresses the thread, thanks.

The PC Police are, predictably and transparently, avoiding and deflecting.

No, you dip duck and dodge the reality that theres far less "pc police" in the usa than ever in its entire history - which is something your bitchass sensitive self doesnt like so you casually avoid the point.

That post did not address the thread topic. That post simply took a shit on colleges for being a poor investment. But....it didn't disagree with you.....so it's a great post.

That post did not address the thread topic. That post simply took a shit on colleges for being a poor investment. But....it didn't disagree with you.....so it's a great post.
Exactly.

On topic:

sodomy was illegal.
slaves were not considered humans, legally.
women were not allowed to vote, legally.
interracial marriage was illegal.
gay marriage was and still is in many cases illegal.
schools were segregated.
rock music was of the devil.
wearing your shirt untucked, like carb said, was ohhh me gaddddzzzzz

Culture is far more accepting and far less p.c. these days, but to the intolerant bigots who ARE the ones left being "p.c.'d" against, there's a "rampant movement!!!" to censor them saying n_igger and faggot or forcing their businesses to follow already existing public accommodations laws.

I mean, really? stfu.

So where am I wrong? Are you disagreeing that College has pretty much become High School plus? Do you disagree that kids are receiving very expensive degrees which will not get them a job? Do you disagree that both college education and health care costs increases have far exceeded the inflation rate? Do you have an explanation as to why? Nothing the government has done has stopped the increase in both, in my opinion the government has made the situation much worse then it would have been. Now I guess it could be argued that without the government it would have been worse but I don't see how.

I think the dangerous part of being PC is when the left or right blows smoke up our ass. Such as the debt, when was that last even talked about by our national leaders? When Paul talks about it he is vilified as being racist. It is always them verse us according to the PC police. The truth is we can't sustain what we are doing but no one, in authority, seems to have a solution, which is totally painless apparently, or has the guts to actually do something.

So where am I wrong? Are you disagreeing that College has pretty much become High School plus? Do you disagree that kids are receiving very expensive degrees which will not get them a job? Do you disagree that both college education and health care costs increases have far exceeded the inflation rate? Do you have an explanation as to why? Nothing the government has done has stopped the increase in both, in my opinion the government has made the situation much worse then it would have been. Now I guess it could be argued that without the government it would have been worse but I don't see how.

I think the dangerous part of being PC is when the left or right blows smoke up our ass. Such as the debt, when was that last even talked about by our national leaders? When Paul talks about it he is vilified as being racist. It is always them verse us according to the PC police. The truth is we can't sustain what we are doing but no one, in authority, seems to have a solution, which is totally painless apparently, or has the guts to actually do something.
Actually, the truth is if this was a balance sheet for a business and our assetts are weighed versus our debt (its not even debt in the traditional sense btw), our business is strong and in good standing. Completely sustainable.

The biggest / worst part about the debt is the ignorance about it. For instance, most people think we borrow everything from china.

Errrm......no. Not even 15% of it is China.

Actually, the truth is if this was a balance sheet for a business and our assetts are weighed versus our debt (its not even debt in the traditional sense btw), our business is strong and in good standing. Completely sustainable.

The biggest / worst part about the debt is the ignorance about it. For instance, most people think we borrow everything from china.

At what point do we start worrying? And you don't think China owning 15 percent of America is a problem?

http://www.cfr.org/financial-crises/dangerous-us-government-debt/p22408

At what point do we start worrying? And you don't think China owning 15 percent of America is a problem?
They dont own 15% of america.

Its like 9 or 10% of our accumulated debt, and its not in exchange for OWNERSHIP, its in excange for interest bearing notes.

They dont own 15% of america.

Its like 9 or 10% of our accumulated debt, and its not in exchange for OWNERSHIP, its in excange for interest bearing notes.

Whatever it is you seem to think it not a problem, I am not so sure.

http://www.cfr.org/financial-crises/dangerous-us-government-debt/p22408

You don't need a college degree to get a good paying job, that is a myth..And from what I've seen, those with degrees would have done better with OJT, since college really does not prepare you for your job...

I forget the tabulation but our land, resources, and also wealth combines for hundreds of trillions of dollars.

And we borrow at incredibally low interest and keep good standing with the interest - the $ we owe today are worth LESS in the future and our economy grows - it barely ever recesses.....meaning we pay it back with dollars that are worth less than when we borrowed it.

In terms of business, our debt is not even a blip or a bother, its simply a political tool for the ignorant and politicians either know this and use you, or theyre just dopes that havent a clue about fiscal policy.

Theres even video and tapes of them having discussions on all of this stuff.

You don't need a college degree to get a good paying job, that is a myth..And from what I've seen, those with degrees would have done better with OJT, since college really does not prepare you for your job...

A useful degree will do a person some good in getting a job. I think the bottom line is that some sort of training or education is needed. And I suppose it matters the definition of what a "good paying job" really is. My definition, a job that prepares you for retirement, because when you get to that point you better be ready.

I forget the tabulation but our land, resources, and also wealth combines for hundreds of trillions of dollars.

And we borrow at incredibally low interest and keep good standing with the interest - the $ we owe today are worth LESS in the future and our economy grows - it barely ever recesses.....meaning we pay it back with dollars that are worth less than when we borrowed it.

In terms of business, our debt is not even a blip or a bother, its simply a political tool for the ignorant and politicians either know this and use you, or theyre just dopes that havent a clue about fiscal policy.

Hope you are right.

A useful degree will do a person some good in getting a job. I think the bottom line is that some sort of training or education is needed. And I suppose it matters the definition of what a "good paying job" really is. My definition, a job that prepares you for retirement, because when you get to that point you better be ready.
I never want to retire..So I don't need to worry about that, and if I do, there is always prison...

I wonder if people like Seinfeld and Bill Maher et al understand that some students protesting their appearance at a college is an exercise of the same free speech right they're claiming for themselves?

Hope you are right.
Im not even -->. That concerned.

Think of it like this: would any non shit for brains investor purchase interest bearing notes that he is not CONFIDENT they will not default?

Theyre not just tossing money at us as a hail mary for shits and giggles on a prayer, they are studied, brilliant minds by virture of their wealth and influence in the world and WE are one of their wise investments.

And who do we owe the VAST majority of the debt to, or in more precise terms who is.buying these notes the most?

Britain?
China?
Russia?

No, us citizens.

So if we somehow defaulted because lightning struck, the stars were lined up right and our assetts were all devalued........its not china coming for our heads.

Its ourselves.

Forum List

Back