🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Now We Know The Truth About Accusing the Right of Being Racists

Great comeback. Fact is both parties are guilty of the name calling and the cussing. I'd go so far as to say the left is worse.

I don't know if the left is worse. But sometimes I think that's all the left has. Those on the right can articulate why they hold the opinions that they do and can defend them without name calling if they have to. I'm not sure many on the left can do that. Very few accept when challenged to do so.

That's why the left developed the tactic of calling the opposition "Racists".

Great comeback. Fact is both parties are guilty of the name calling and the cussing. I'd go so far as to say the left is worse.

I don't know if the left is worse. But sometimes I think that's all the left has. Those on the right can articulate why they hold the opinions that they do and can defend them without name calling if they have to. I'm not sure many on the left can do that. Very few accept when challenged to do so.

Well in their defense they often start out with delusional or close minded or advocates for the rich only or polluters/anti-environmental or religious fanatics or hateful or selfish or some such as that before they get to racist. RACIST is the ultimate these days and is generally reserved for anybody who criticizes anything re the government or President Obama.

Well in their defense they often start out with delusional or close minded or advocates for the rich only or polluters/anti-environmental or religious fanatics or hateful or selfish or some such as that before they get to racist. RACIST is the ultimate these days and is generally reserved for anybody who criticizes anything re the government or President Obama.

What?

People of color vote mostly Democratic. Why is that?

It has nothing to do with the label racist. It has to do with the party's platform.

What?

It has nothing to do with the label racist. It has to do with the party's platform.

I can agree with that.

The Democrats cater to the poor, needy and the downtrodden. They cater to them with promises and sometimes they even follow through.

I don't think they necessarily care any more for them than Conservatives/Republicans do, but I think the message is easier to sell coming from the liberal/Democrat perspective. The Democrats believe that Welfare is the answer to saving the poor. Republicans believe it to be much of the problem. Conservatives/Republicans believe in the hand up rather than the hand out. Who is right? Personally, I think the hand up is better in the long run.

But, how do you sell the Conservative/Republican message to the single mother of five who is struggling to make ends meet? You don't. Even if in the long run she would be better off being out from under Welfare.

Immie

What?

you don't think that falsely portraying republicans and conservatives in general as racist plays NO part in that?

What?

I can agree with that.

The Democrats cater to the poor, needy and the downtrodden. They cater to them with promises and sometimes they even follow through.

I don't think they necessarily care any more for them than Conservatives/Republicans do, but I think the message is easier to sell coming from the liberal/Democrat perspective. The Democrats believe that Welfare is the answer to saving the poor. Republicans believe it to be much of the problem. Conservatives/Republicans believe in the hand up rather than the hand out. Who is right? Personally, I think the hand up is better in the long run.

But, how do you sell the Conservative/Republican message to the single mother of five who is struggling to make ends meet? You don't. Even if in the long run she would be better off being out from under Welfare.

Immie

More importantly, those kids would benefit from seeing Mom (and/or preferably Dad) getting up, getting cleaned up, getting dressed, going to work, and bringing home a paycheck.

Welfare does help some people for sure, but in the process it has diminished and destroyed many wonderful private charities who were more effective and efficient in doing that and did it without destroying the black family etc. The legacy of helping some is obvious in single mothers who have never been married, destruction of most of the nuclear family, making the men irrelevent or a detriment to the family, an abysmal school drop out rate, and whole neighborhoods so dangerous and crime ridden that life expectancyis significantly reduced.

And honest appraisal of government welfare has to look at those statistics with an open mind, and acknowledge that none of those conditions existed, except in rare incidents, before welfare went into effect.

Helping people sounds so wonderful and unselfish and noble and it's easy to get caught up in the semantics and ignore the results of unintended consequences.

What?

you don't think that falsely portraying republicans and conservatives in general as racist plays NO part in that?

No, I don't. I think people of color choose the Democratic platform because they agree with the party's direction on naitonal issues.

What?

I can agree with that.

Immie

More importantly, those kids would benefit from seeing Mom (and/or preferably Dad) getting up, getting cleaned up, getting dressed, going to work, and bringing home a paycheck.

Welfare does help some people for sure, but in the process it has diminished and destroyed many wonderful private charities who were more effective and efficient in doing that and did it without destroying the black family etc. The legacy of helping some is obvious in single mothers who have never been married, destruction of most of the nuclear family, making the men irrelevent or a detriment to the family, an abysmal school drop out rate, and whole neighborhoods so dangerous and crime ridden that life expectancyis significantly reduced.

And honest appraisal of government welfare has to look at those statistics with an open mind, and acknowledge that none of those conditions existed, except in rare incidents, before welfare went into effect.

Helping people sounds so wonderful and unselfish and noble and it's easy to get caught up in the semantics and ignore the results of unintended consequences.

With all due respect. I have been a social worker my whole professional life. Welfare is a temporary and needed helping hand for children and families.

It's not the evil you portray. It's not destroying families. Poverty, drug abuse, domestic violence, and crime destroy families.

Last edited:
What?

No, I don't. I think people of color choose the Democratic platform because they agree with the party's direction on naitonal issues.
thats odd, because i've seen polls before where the outcome was they were more conservative and agreed more with the GOP platform
but i guess those polls must have been racist, right?

I can agree with that.

Immie

With all due respect. I have been a social worker my whole professional life. Welfare is a temporary and needed helping hand for children and families.

It's not the evil you portray. It's not destroying families. Poverty, drug abuse, domestic violence, and crime destroy families.

Welfare is most certainly not temporary for many unfortunate, multi-generational families who are made government dependents by it.

thats odd, because i've seen polls before where the outcome was they were more conservative and agreed more with the GOP platform

No Republican presidential candidate has gotten more than 15 percent of the black vote since 1965.
http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/when_did_blacks_start_voting_democratic.html

Last edited:

What?

Seeing conservative blacks reviled as Uncle Toms and not true People of Color most certainly has an impact.

Welfare is most certainly not temporary for many unfortunate, multi-generational families who are made government dependents by it.

Welfare to work changed that.

For some - but not enough and not everyone.

What?

Seeing conservative blacks reviled as Uncle Toms and not true People of Color most certainly has an impact.

I don't think of them that way. People vote their interests. Not one Republican presidential candidate has recieived more than 15% of the black vote since 1965.

No Republican presidential candidate has gotten more than 15 percent of the black vote since 1965.
FactCheck.org: When did blacks start voting Democratic?

Gee Whiz. The Dems tell blacks that the GOP is racist, and then gather up black voters into busses and take them to polling places. One year, they even gave out fried chicken dinner coupons to their shepherded voters in Oakland.

FactCheck.org: When did blacks start voting Democratic?
which is totally irrelevant to what i said

Forum List

Back