Now white conservatives can understand how Blacks feel about the justice system.

It's not normal for people to be able to feel much empathy for those who are different from them. This is universally true.

In America, whites, and especially white conservatives, don't really appreciate what is was like to be Black before the Civil Rights Revolution fifty years ago, and especially what it was like to be Black in the South. And even if they do, many of them assume it's totally different now.

I don't want to start an argument about this here (elsewhere, sure) but there is still 'statistical racism' in the US: if a policeman pulls over a car with a dead tail light, and the occupants are young Black males, they will be treated differently than if they were white. There's a valid reason for this, but if you're one of those young Black males, it might not cut much ice with you at the time.

And if you're Black, in front of an all-white jury and a white judge, you won't be crazy to think that your skin color is going to play a role in what happens.

Individuals acting in a private capacity are one thing. But the law is supposed to treat us all equally, regardless of our race, sex, or political affiliation.

But this is not always the case. Long ago, in Houston, an acquaintance of mine named Lee Otis Johnson, a Black militant who was a thorn in the side of the police, gave an undercover policeman a marijuana cigaratte ... was arrested ... was sentenced to, wait for it .... thirty years in prison. All following the letter of the law. He served four before a higher court overturned the sentence. [ Black Panther Gets 30 Years for One Joint (1968) – Hippyland ]

Equal treatment? Things have improved a lot, with respect to race and the law, but they started from a very low base. (The one area where 'Critical Race Theory', which used to be called 'Critical Legal Theory', had a point, was in the way the law could appear to be race-neutral, but in fact was not neutral. (More about that here: [ Critical Race Theory Wasn’t Always Like This ] )

Now, we're finding out what it's like when the letter of the law is followed, but the acutal application of it is unequal. Does anyone believe that if Mr Trump had continued as a Democrat, that he would now be facing felony charges? When I see pious Democrats being interviewed saying 'No one is above the law' I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Come on! Are you kidding me? Hunter Biden is not only 'high', he's high above the law.

Unequal treatment before the law, while following the letter of the law, is now going to be applied to white conservatives. We're going to get to feel what it's like. There are two positive results from this: (1) it will wake up more of our people (and maybe some others as well) as to what is happening to America, and (2) it may make us a bit more understanding of how that young Black man being pulled over for a dead tail light feels.

Police officers don't treat people differently based on color, but they may be treated differently based on how the individual treats them.

As a retired truck driver I've had many interactions with police. Yes sir, no sir, even if I thought they were wrong goes a long way. Argue, deny wrongdoing, and fighting with the police will only piss the cop off and not give you any breaks he otherwise would have.

So these so-called studies that make the claims blacks are treated differently by law enforcement and courts leaves a hell of a lot out. All they report is the race of person and the outcome. You can't honestly measure anything that way.

What's going on today in politics is much different. It's more or less show me the man and I'll show you the crime. Democrats are Communists that don't believe in the rule of law or the Constitution. Their actions are completely for ultimate power over the country and people. Or as Piglosi recently said "Trump has a chance to prove his innocence in court" when our country used to be viewed as one where you are innocent until proven guilty.

It's simply not the same thing.

Which of course you have no evidence of.

View attachment 773821

20220427_111913.jpg
20220427_112011.jpg
20220427_112054.jpg

School Choice is an illusion, Fake Hippy Doug.

Here's why it won't work.

1) The reason parochial schools worked is because parents HAD a personal investment. My parents spent their own money to send me to Catholic School, they had an investment in me doing my homework and doing well. (I wish they hadn't sometimes, it made my childhood miserable.) You give someone a voucher, they aren't going to suddenly care a little more.

2) Once you've put vouchers out there, then what's to keep the people CURRENTLY going to private or parochial schools from applying for them and getting them. This means you are going to have to set aside money to pay for those kids as well.

3) The other problem is that once you have private schools who are being measured on success, there will be the temptation to cherry pick their students. Little Timmy has a learning disability? We don't want him! Little Jamal running with the wrong crowd. We don't want him, either. Little Maria needs ESL instructors?

So you will still end up with multi-tiered system. The kids with affluence and promise go to the really good schools. The kids who have talent end up in the Charter schools, and the ones who are difficult will end up in the schools no one cares about.

(Wafting for FHD to start whining I won't let him Doxx me.)
Hey, little Liar Coward Joe! Have you come up with a new excuse yet, for not taking up my offer?

For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, re. an 'offer'. Little Lying Coward Joe says I'm a "fake hippy" because I mentioned that in the 1960s and 1970s I was an active Leftist, in the Civil Rights and Anti-War movements. I've made the following offer to him: we both put up $10 000, a group of three people whom we both trust look at my evidence, and if they decide I'm lying, he gets my money, if they decide I'm telling the truth, I get his.

The three can all be on the Left -- I know there are many honest people on the Left.

I've even proposed a couple of possible judges: the fellow who was in the news about 20 years ago, for being a whistleblower about government spying on it. Here's his story: [ Mark Klein - Wikipedia ]

A second judge I proposed was the head of the Communist Party in Houston, this fellow:
[ Bernard Sampson - KeyWiki ]

What could be fairer than that? But ... for some reason ... he won't take up my offer! $10 000!!!!

Now, dear reader, why do you think that is?????? I can think of basically two possible reasons:

(1) He genuinely believes I'm lying, but being a kind and generous man, he doesn't want to take my money.
(2) He knows he's lying, and that he'd lose his money.

What do you think?

I am not responsible for individual cops who may or may not have a legit reason to stop a black guy

Or an employer who has had a bad experience with a black person and prefers to hire other races instead

Private Individuals in society may not treat other races fairly - and that cuts both ways though libs are loathe to admit it

But when the left gets control of government and uses that power to harass whites thats s public policy issue that I wont tolerate

Just as America did not tolerate Jim Crow, reverse payback jim crow against whites is no better
Of course 'reverse payback' is wrong. But I think you've got it backwards.
In the first place, you and I are not going to be politically persecuted on some trumped-up phoney charge, the way Donald Trump is being. We're still a long way from that. In fact, they may be having second thoughts about his persecution, given the public reaction. (Not the reaction among conservatives -- the increased support -- because the Democrats want him to run in 2024. It's the reaction among independents, and even some Democrats, that they don't likel.)

In the second place, political persecution by the legal system -- say, having your income tax returns scrutinized because of your poltiics -- is bad, for sure. But being shot to death by a policeman because you are the same skin color as a large number of violent criminals is ... worse.

Do you think that doesn't happen??? Hell, it even happens to white people:
[ Killing of Duncan Lemp - Wikipedia ]
[ Shooting of Daniel Shaver - Wikipedia ]

Now ... I am all for 'backing the Blue'. I fully understand that in most circumstances, when police shoot someone, it's justified., and then the hardcore Left try to take advantage of the situation. The Michael Brown case is a textbook example.

But not always.

Look at this case: [ Killing of Philando Castile - Wikipedia ]
It's possible that if Philando Castile had been white, he would also have been shot. But I doubt it.
And if you want to say, well, the policeman was nervous because Blacks are much more likely to shoot policemen than whites, well, yes ... it's a vicious circle. But can't you see that if you're Black, and given the atrocious history of white violence against Blacks in this country ... you're going to feel a lot of resentment and suspicion towards policemen?

It's hard to "walk a mile in another man's moccassins". Whites have always been the majority in America. We can't really feel what it's like to be an instantly-recognizable, disliked/feared minority. You see the world differently then.

But we -- patriots -- have to make an effort to do this, to see how the world looks if you're non-white in a white-ruled country, because if we don't, and are seen to be indifferent to the reality of Black life in America ... we make it all the easier for the Left to win Blacks to their side. (And the stupid people here who use insulting terms towards Black (and gays) are doing the work of the Left.)

Police officers don't treat people differently based on color, but they may be treated differently based on how the individual treats them.

As a retired truck driver I've had many interactions with police. Yes sir, no sir, even if I thought they were wrong goes a long way. Argue, deny wrongdoing, and fighting with the police will only piss the cop off and not give you any breaks he otherwise would have.

So these so-called studies that make the claims blacks are treated differently by law enforcement and courts leaves a hell of a lot out. All they report is the race of person and the outcome. You can't honestly measure anything that way.

What's going on today in politics is much different. It's more or less show me the man and I'll show you the crime. Democrats are Communists that don't believe in the rule of law or the Constitution. Their actions are completely for ultimate power over the country and people. Or as Piglosi recently said "Trump has a chance to prove his innocence in court" when our country used to be viewed as one where you are innocent until proven guilty.

It's simply not the same thing.
Yes, generally, you're right. I know that the great majority of policemen are professionals, and that no one hates a bad cop like a good cop does. These academic studies are usually by liberals, who find what they're looking for.

Chris Rock has a great video on 'How Not to Get Your Ass Kicked by the Police'.
[ ]

But ... the reality is, as a great conservative once said, 'power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely'. Conservatives should understand this more than anyone else. And sometimes, there are policemen corrupted by power. Did you read the articles about Duncan Lemp and Daniel Shaver? And you probably know about Ruby Ridge, and Waco? And this was all done to white people, by law enforcement.

I think patriots have to walk a careful line: on the one hand, we have to defend the police from the radicals who want to destroy them, or neuter them.

On the other, we have to recognize that, as the sharp end of government, they need to be scrutinized by citizens and held to high standards.

We can't, on the one hand, inveigh against the continual expansion of government power, while on the other hand, uncritically supporting everything that the actual force which finally implements government power does.

Source?
Dumb ass.
You're actually pretending you don't remember what Comey did days before the election? Seriously? Come on. Everyone knows you're not really that stupid.

The FBI despised Hillary. The whole media despised Hillary. TheSwamp busted their butts to put Trump in office. Trump is the head swamp creature, and he filled it with more putrid scum than anyone thought possible. That's one big reason why conservatives love Trump -- they love the corruption of the swamp.

Remember, dumbasses, you can't gaslight normal people. We were alive in 2016, so we know you're all lying, very badly, for TheGloryOfTheParty.

Yes, generally, you're right. I know that the great majority of policemen are professionals, and that no one hates a bad cop like a good cop does. These academic studies are usually by liberals, who find what they're looking for.

Chris Rock has a great video on 'How Not to Get Your Ass Kicked by the Police'.
[ ]

But ... the reality is, as a great conservative once said, 'power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely'. Conservatives should understand this more than anyone else. And sometimes, there are policemen corrupted by power. Did you read the articles about Duncan Lemp and Daniel Shaver? And you probably know about Ruby Ridge, and Waco? And this was all done to white people, by law enforcement.

I think patriots have to walk a careful line: on the one hand, we have to defend the police from the radicals who want to destroy them, or neuter them.

On the other, we have to recognize that, as the sharp end of government, they need to be scrutinized by citizens and held to high standards.

We can't, on the one hand, inveigh against the continual expansion of government power, while on the other hand, uncritically supporting everything that the actual force which finally implements government power does.

Of course there are bad cops like there are bad priests, bad CEOs, bad teachers and politicians. But I reject the idea that police systematically target or mistreat blacks wholesale based upon the color of their skin. The same goes for our justice system once they have to answer for their crimes.

Perhaps in the 1960s things were different in the south. On the other hand they abused their power with white yankee's as well. But today if anything, blacks get away with more stuff than whites because police simply don't want the confrontation over a broken headlight or no muffler on the car. Trust me when I say this because I unfortunately now live in a predominately black suburb. There have been several times I called the police about a noise complaint and they simply call dispatch claiming the noise wasn't loud enough for them to get out of the car and put a stop to it. The times they actually do get out and address the problem, they refuse to write them a citation stating that it's up to me to sign a complaint. When this was a white neighborhood and somebody got too loud, the officer would tell the party to stop all noise immediately, and if they have to come out again, somebody is going to jail.

Police issues with blacks are promoted by the MSM and the Democrat party because they want to nationalize the police force. That's why these leftists DAs and Mayors weaken their police departments. The feds have no control as police department are ran by local officials. Weaken the police, violent crime increases, and people demand the federal government do something about the out of control crime like what takes place in NYC just to mention one

In America, whites, and especially white conservatives, don't really appreciate what is was like to be Black before the Civil Rights Revolution fifty years ago, and especially what it was like to be Black in the South. And even if they do, many of them assume it's totally different now
It’s not a lack of appreciation, it’s a lack of caring. Honestly I don’t care any more or less about Trumps legal issues than I would about any other moron’s legal issues. Regardless of their race or gender. It’s not my problem.,

Despite what you've been taught by your masters, "communist" does not mean "anyone who made me butthurt by pointing out how badly I always act".

For those playing along at home.

Ray lives in a slum suburb of Cleveland, where the highlight of their existence is Ted Knight visited their mall once for Booze money.
He collects disability.
He lives next door to homeowner who rents to Section 8 families. I think he's on the fourth one now and he hates them all.

In short, as much as he whines about communism, he lives off the good will of his fellow citizens.

There is no "personal animus" against you at all. Perhaps you should read the forum guidelines. "Moderators", like ALL other members here, are allowed to respond to comments in this forum.

No one called you a liar, you were merely provided some facts that you either intentionally distorted or accidently overlooked.

If you are too thin skinned to address that, it is not my problem

You are simply lying.

It's not normal for people to be able to feel much empathy for those who are different from them. This is universally true.

In America, whites, and especially white conservatives, don't really appreciate what is was like to be Black before the Civil Rights Revolution fifty years ago, and especially what it was like to be Black in the South. And even if they do, many of them assume it's totally different now.

I don't want to start an argument about this here (elsewhere, sure) but there is still 'statistical racism' in the US: if a policeman pulls over a car with a dead tail light, and the occupants are young Black males, they will be treated differently than if they were white. There's a valid reason for this, but if you're one of those young Black males, it might not cut much ice with you at the time.

And if you're Black, in front of an all-white jury and a white judge, you won't be crazy to think that your skin color is going to play a role in what happens.

Individuals acting in a private capacity are one thing. But the law is supposed to treat us all equally, regardless of our race, sex, or political affiliation.

But this is not always the case. Long ago, in Houston, an acquaintance of mine named Lee Otis Johnson, a Black militant who was a thorn in the side of the police, gave an undercover policeman a marijuana cigaratte ... was arrested ... was sentenced to, wait for it .... thirty years in prison. All following the letter of the law. He served four before a higher court overturned the sentence. [ Black Panther Gets 30 Years for One Joint (1968) – Hippyland ]

Equal treatment? Things have improved a lot, with respect to race and the law, but they started from a very low base. (The one area where 'Critical Race Theory', which used to be called 'Critical Legal Theory', had a point, was in the way the law could appear to be race-neutral, but in fact was not neutral. (More about that here: [ Critical Race Theory Wasn’t Always Like This ] )

Now, we're finding out what it's like when the letter of the law is followed, but the acutal application of it is unequal. Does anyone believe that if Mr Trump had continued as a Democrat, that he would now be facing felony charges? When I see pious Democrats being interviewed saying 'No one is above the law' I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Come on! Are you kidding me? Hunter Biden is not only 'high', he's high above the law.

Unequal treatment before the law, while following the letter of the law, is now going to be applied to white conservatives. We're going to get to feel what it's like. There are two positive results from this: (1) it will wake up more of our people (and maybe some others as well) as to what is happening to America, and (2) it may make us a bit more understanding of how that young Black man being pulled over for a dead tail light feels.
White conservatives aren't arguing with, fighting or disrespecting the cops.

Cops are being turned into political pawns by the commie leftist government

Forum List

Back