Now white conservatives can understand how Blacks feel about the justice system.

Your statement that "50% of ALL Black people are racist" was in fact, quite dishonest.

You don't personally know 50% of the Black population.

And ANYONE who makes the statement that 50% of ANY race is "racist" is also dishonest.

If the truth hurts your feelings, that is not my problem.

This is a discussion forum, where ADULTS are free to express their opinions, as well as their observations.

Lastly, you are not a moral authority that is in a position to madate what "setting examples" actually looks like.
You know what's really bizarre about this exchange is that there was a time, not that long ago, when pretty much 100% of white people considered Black people of any social-economic level as inferior to themselves partially because that's what they were taught, and that's what the laws and socials more stated and enforced. That's just the way it was and it most certainly is not all "in the past".

Is there anyone here that thinks that was bad, that Black people were legally relegated to second class citizenship status and were denied many of the rights that white people had while there were a whole slew of new laws made specifically for Black people for the purpose of ensnaring them back into a life of captivity?

You know what's really bizarre about this exchange is that there was a time, not that long ago, when pretty much 100% of white people considered Black people of any social-economic level as inferior to themselves partially because that's what they were taught, and that's what the laws and socials more stated and enforced. That's just the way it was and it most certainly is not all "in the past".

Okay, the same could be said in the past of various immigrant groups. Heck, my grandfather stopped talking to my mother because she married a German immigrant in 1957. Not because he was affluent or well-off, because he wasn't, but because he was taught as a WASP, he was superior. His other daughters married an Irishman and an Italian, and he had strained relationships with them as well.

Is there anyone here that thinks that was bad, that Black people were legally relegated to second class citizenship status and were denied many of the rights that white people had while there were a whole slew of new laws made specifically for Black people for the purpose of ensnaring them back into a life of captivity?

No, everyone agrees all of that was awful now.

But pulling out a yardstick and saying "My Ancestors had it worse than your ancestors" is belied by the fact that Asians can get right off the boat and be successful through hard work and perseverance.

We have been doing that for over 400yrs. All you want to is to keep that white privilege.
bullshit, is affirmative action white priviledge? is BET white priviledge? is black miss america white priviledge? Is BLM white priviledge?

If there is discrimination today it is against white straight males, not black women or black men.

of course that was bad and we fixed it. BTW the civil rights act of 1965 only passed because of republican votes, the dems fillibustered it and voted against it.

The actual data on the subject says differently.

Black adults are about five times as likely as whites to say they’ve been unfairly stopped by police because of their race or ethnicity
Just because they SAY they‘ve been unfairly stopped due to their race doesn’t mean it’s true.

But it does make sense if police are more vigilant with blacks since they, as a group, are significantly more likely to commit crimes.

Let’s say that red-heads, only about 4% of the U.S. population, commit 40% of the crime. And two people walk into a store, one redhead and one a brunette. The guy working the cash register keeps most of his attention on the redhead since statistics say she is the more likely to steal something.

If I were a redhead, I’d be angry at my fellow redheads for committing such a disproportionate amount of crime and thus I am subject to more scrutiny. I’d be lobbying to put criminal redheads in jail to discourage crime rather than blaming police for being suspicious of me.

you have no idea what I practice or preach. I practice tolerance and acceptance and preach against the hypocrisy of liberalism.
IM2 just accuses every white who points out statistics as being racist, or every white who is opposed to favoring blacks over whites in college admissions due to the former’s skin color.

bullshit, is affirmative action white priviledge?
Yes it is, because white women benefit from it more than anyone.
is BET white priviledge?
Yes it is, since it is owned by a white company.
is black miss america white priviledge?
Yep it is a spin off of it, for the simple fact that young black women couldn't participate in the white privilege miss america pageant.
Is BLM white priviledge?
Did you not see how many whites are members of BLM.
If there is discrimination today it is against white straight males, not black women or black men.
Are you a part time comedian?

Just because they SAY they‘ve been unfairly stopped due to their race doesn’t mean it’s true.

But it does make sense if police are more vigilant with blacks since they, as a group, are significantly more likely to commit crimes.
Lisa's attitude... There's no racism, but if there is, you have it coming.

Let’s say that red-heads, only about 4% of the U.S. population, commit 40% of the crime. And two people walk into a store, one redhead and one a brunette. The guy working the cash register keeps most of his attention on the redhead since statistics say she is the more likely to steal something.

I would ask if there is systematic prejudice against gingers to cause many of them to resort to crime, or if there are other underlying factors. But that's just me.

If I were a redhead, I’d be angry at my fellow redheads for committing such a disproportionate amount of crime and thus I am subject to more scrutiny. I’d be lobbying to put criminal redheads in jail to discourage crime rather than blaming police for being suspicious of me.

So do you tell your fellow Jews to stop cheating people and stiffing waitresses on tips because it makes the rest of you look bad?

IM2 just accuses every white who points out statistics as being racist, or every white who is opposed to favoring blacks over whites in college admissions due to the former’s skin color.
But in your case, he's right on the money. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

It's not normal for people to be able to feel much empathy for those who are different from them. This is universally true.

In America, whites, and especially white conservatives, don't really appreciate what is was like to be Black before the Civil Rights Revolution fifty years ago, and especially what it was like to be Black in the South. And even if they do, many of them assume it's totally different now.

I don't want to start an argument about this here (elsewhere, sure) but there is still 'statistical racism' in the US: if a policeman pulls over a car with a dead tail light, and the occupants are young Black males, they will be treated differently than if they were white. There's a valid reason for this, but if you're one of those young Black males, it might not cut much ice with you at the time.

And if you're Black, in front of an all-white jury and a white judge, you won't be crazy to think that your skin color is going to play a role in what happens.

Individuals acting in a private capacity are one thing. But the law is supposed to treat us all equally, regardless of our race, sex, or political affiliation.

But this is not always the case. Long ago, in Houston, an acquaintance of mine named Lee Otis Johnson, a Black militant who was a thorn in the side of the police, gave an undercover policeman a marijuana cigaratte ... was arrested ... was sentenced to, wait for it .... thirty years in prison. All following the letter of the law. He served four before a higher court overturned the sentence. [ Black Panther Gets 30 Years for One Joint (1968) – Hippyland ]

Equal treatment? Things have improved a lot, with respect to race and the law, but they started from a very low base. (The one area where 'Critical Race Theory', which used to be called 'Critical Legal Theory', had a point, was in the way the law could appear to be race-neutral, but in fact was not neutral. (More about that here: [ Critical Race Theory Wasn’t Always Like This ] )

Now, we're finding out what it's like when the letter of the law is followed, but the acutal application of it is unequal. Does anyone believe that if Mr Trump had continued as a Democrat, that he would now be facing felony charges? When I see pious Democrats being interviewed saying 'No one is above the law' I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Come on! Are you kidding me? Hunter Biden is not only 'high', he's high above the law.

Unequal treatment before the law, while following the letter of the law, is now going to be applied to white conservatives. We're going to get to feel what it's like. There are two positive results from this: (1) it will wake up more of our people (and maybe some others as well) as to what is happening to America, and (2) it may make us a bit more understanding of how that young Black man being pulled over for a dead tail light feels.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaa!
th.jpg

It's not normal for people to be able to feel much empathy for those who are different from them. This is universally true.

In America, whites, and especially white conservatives, don't really appreciate what is was like to be Black before the Civil Rights Revolution fifty years ago, and especially what it was like to be Black in the South. And even if they do, many of them assume it's totally different now.

I don't want to start an argument about this here (elsewhere, sure) but there is still 'statistical racism' in the US: if a policeman pulls over a car with a dead tail light, and the occupants are young Black males, they will be treated differently than if they were white. There's a valid reason for this, but if you're one of those young Black males, it might not cut much ice with you at the time.

And if you're Black, in front of an all-white jury and a white judge, you won't be crazy to think that your skin color is going to play a role in what happens.

Individuals acting in a private capacity are one thing. But the law is supposed to treat us all equally, regardless of our race, sex, or political affiliation.

But this is not always the case. Long ago, in Houston, an acquaintance of mine named Lee Otis Johnson, a Black militant who was a thorn in the side of the police, gave an undercover policeman a marijuana cigaratte ... was arrested ... was sentenced to, wait for it .... thirty years in prison. All following the letter of the law. He served four before a higher court overturned the sentence. [ Black Panther Gets 30 Years for One Joint (1968) – Hippyland ]

Equal treatment? Things have improved a lot, with respect to race and the law, but they started from a very low base. (The one area where 'Critical Race Theory', which used to be called 'Critical Legal Theory', had a point, was in the way the law could appear to be race-neutral, but in fact was not neutral. (More about that here: [ Critical Race Theory Wasn’t Always Like This ] )

Now, we're finding out what it's like when the letter of the law is followed, but the acutal application of it is unequal. Does anyone believe that if Mr Trump had continued as a Democrat, that he would now be facing felony charges? When I see pious Democrats being interviewed saying 'No one is above the law' I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Come on! Are you kidding me? Hunter Biden is not only 'high', he's high above the law.

Unequal treatment before the law, while following the letter of the law, is now going to be applied to white conservatives. We're going to get to feel what it's like. There are two positive results from this: (1) it will wake up more of our people (and maybe some others as well) as to what is happening to America, and (2) it may make us a bit more understanding of how that young Black man being pulled over for a dead tail light feels.
Who are YOU and what did you do with the real Doug?

You sound like a leftist who thinks it’s a POSITIVE to unfairly target white conservatives, including jailing political dissenters, because in the past it happened to blacks. You are actually defending racism against whites!

It is shameful that the RR (Ruling Regime) is going after whites who disagree with their (harmful) policies.

Yep it is a spin off of it, for the simple fact that young black women couldn't participate in the white privilege miss america pageant.

I posted the truth, you cannot deal with the truth.

white females are NOT the primary beneficiaries of affirmative action, you are lying again
BLM was founded by a black woman and is run be black women
black women have won the miss america pageant
yes, a few libtardian whites are BLM members, so what?
No, but its easy to make a joke of your foolish posts.

white females are NOT the primary beneficiaries of affirmative action, you are lying again
And just watch: all these blacks crying that Affirmative Action benefits white women the most will be shitting bricks when the SCOTUS rules that race cannot be considered in college admissions.

After two generations of favored treatment at the admissions office, blacks will now have to compete on merit. In fact, I am in favor of assigning a code to every applicant that does not reveal in any way his or her race or gender, and select based solely on merit. Sort of like “blind auditions” for an opera role.

Why is it when racial issues are discussed, you people always dwell back to yesteryear when most blacks today weren't even born? Talk about today, not yesterday. You can't change the past, you can only change the present and future.

The liar is you clown, because you want to keep pushing this racist narrative that is a lie. I have posted over and over showing how white women benefit more from AA than anyone.
The NAACP was founded by white folks, so what?
No shit, but there was a time they weren't allowed to participate in the Miss America pageant.
So what?
Go and get up to speed on the issues before you make yourself look even more like a fool.

The actual data on the subject says differently.

Black adults are about five times as likely as whites to say they’ve been unfairly stopped by police because of their race or ethnicity

That's not data, that's opinion.

As a retired truck driver and a member of a predominately black suburb, I can tell you without a doubt blacks are terrible drivers. As I drive on our main roads posted at 25mph, I usually drive around 30mph and blacks pass me like I'm standing still. They are constantly racing their motorcycles driving with their music so loud you can hear it four houses away. They are just asking to be pulled over.

Police can't pull you over for no reason. There has to be a legitimate reason for them to pull you over.

Why is it when racial issues are discussed, you people always dwell back to yesteryear when most blacks today weren't even born? Talk about today, not yesterday. You can't change the past, you can only change the present and future.
They do that because if they were to focus on the present, they would have to acknowledge that blacks are being favored for admissions, jobs, and promotions based on skin color.

I sure am glad I am no longer competing in the job market. I graduated top of my class and won many national awards for my work over the years, but if I were competing for a promotion against a black with a B- GPA and no remarkable achievements to speak of, I’d lose.

Forum List

Back