NPR goes FULL SPIN mode after editor blows the whistle on Democrat-packed propaganda organization

I wonder why that is.
think-emoji-thinking.gif
Because republican causes (what few there are) have been blown out of the water time and again.

• There was no vast voter fraud
  • January 6 was an insurrection
  • Trump is not a saint
  • Global Warming is real
  • There is white privilege
  • Women are under represented in the media and in the executive offices.

If NPR is guilty of something, it is over-representation in an attempt to fix the disparity in the last two entries above. You’ve got to love them for that. Well, if you have a brain you do... The problem is that not all of the folks who are on Code Switch, Its Been a Minute, Bullseye, In Case You Missed It, Throughline are accomplished broadcasters in the spirit of Steve Inskeep, Audie Cornish, Tamra Keith, Corey Flintoff, etc... The content that is segregated for these programs doesn’t help TBH. Which is all the more reason you need a fantastic host to elevate the content.

I DGAD. Private media gets help from the government.

Government subsidies to save local news​

The government has always subsidized local news. Most American media is not supported by direct government funds — NPR and PBS excluded, though they only receive $1.35 per capita — but private media still benefit from special treatment by the government. In the words of the late political communication scholar Timothy Cook, “At any stage in American history, the production of news was centrally aided and abetted by political and governmental policies and practices.”

Politicians and government agencies regularly grant the media tax breaks and exempt them from some categories of labor laws and interstate commerce restrictions. From the creation of the Capitol Press Gallery in 1879, when Congress allowed journalists space in the capitol and the ability to elect their own officers, to the rapid growth in the 20th century of communications offices that subsidize information-gathering for journalists, government has always lent a hand when local news needed it.

Thanks for proving my post 100% correct, Dumbass.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

They make profits from adverts. They are subsidized by cable subscribers who pay them whether they watch Fox News or not.
Cable systems wouldnt carry them if they were a money loser, Moron.

I’ve Been at NPR for 25 Years. Here’s How We Lost America’s Trust.​

Uri Berliner, a veteran at the public radio institution, says the network lost its way when it started telling listeners how to think.

You know the stereotype of the NPR listener: an EV-driving, Wordle-playing, tote bag–carrying coastal elite. It doesn’t precisely describe me, but it’s not far off. I’m Sarah Lawrence–educated, was raised by a lesbian peace activist mother, I drive a Subaru, and Spotify says my listening habits are most similar to people in Berkeley.

I fit the NPR mold. I’ll cop to that.

So when I got a job here 25 years ago, I never looked back. As a senior editor on the business desk where news is always breaking, we’ve covered upheavals in the workplace, supermarket prices, social media, and AI.

It’s true NPR has always had a liberal bent, but during most of my tenure here, an open-minded, curious culture prevailed. We were nerdy, but not knee-jerk, activist, or scolding.

In recent years, however, that has changed. Today, those who listen to NPR or read its coverage online find something different: the distilled worldview of a very small segment of the U.S. population.

An open-minded spirit no longer exists within NPR, and now, predictably, we don’t have an audience that reflects America.

That wouldn’t be a problem for an openly polemical news outlet serving a niche audience. But for NPR, which purports to consider all things, it’s devastating both for its journalism and its business model.

For some reason Republican right wing populism isn't a good fit at NPR
Yet the dollars of Republican taxpayers seem to find a welcome there.

I guess even the far lefties at NPR know better than to depend on pledge drives heard primarily by student loan deadbeats for funding.

Last edited:
An open-minded spirit no longer exists within NPR, and now, predictably, we don’t have an audience that reflects America.

That wouldn’t be a problem for an openly polemical news outlet serving a niche audience. But for NPR, which purports to consider all things, it’s devastating both for its journalism and its business model.
I'm always curious about this.

You guys like to say that 1/2 of the nation thinks the election was stolen...right? There is zero proof of any such thievery, every court case, every audit, every election official in their state whose job it is to certify the election...certified the election.

Is NPR supposed to give oxygen to this alleged fraud even though there is zero proof that it exists?

One thing I think is probably what the gentleman cited in the OP is talking about is not the coverage but what makes it on the air. Now APM (American Public Media) is not NPR but NPR does distribute it's content. Tonight on my way to work, they were interviewing the author of a book who was highlighting blacks in country music because Beyonce has the #1 song in country music right now. The show is called "Marketplace". It's about economics by and large. From what I could tell, there was no economic angle to the book...but there it was being covered.

I'm not sure about how this would be not represent the nation but I can see where some folks would think that their viewpoint isn't being echoed.

Well they know global warming (if that is what you were talking about) is a fact as does NPR.

Only empty headed morons think otherwise.

You’re not an empty headed moron...are you?
Global warming is wealth redistribution scam. It takes money from average from average people and gives it to "the elites".

You're a sucker if you fall for that.

Oh?

I thought they were in the pocket of the DNC....

Time for some spin. Hop to it.

PS: Correct me if I’m wrong, isn’t Juan Williams an African American?
When did he emigrate from Africa? Is he a naturalized citizen?

Come on, everyone at this point knows npr is a left leaning democrat favoring biased news source. They have been for a very long time. All you have to do is listen to their programming.

I used to enjoy listening to them say 25 years ago, they had unusual and interesting segments.

But bill gates started to ruin them when he began donations tens of millions to them.

Which was quite effective during COVID because he donated a lot and suddenly they started pushing pro vaccine stuff about him pretty hard.

I'm always curious about this.

You guys like to say that 1/2 of the nation thinks the election was stolen...right? There is zero proof of any such thievery, every court case, every audit, every election official in their state whose job it is to certify the election...certified the election.

Is NPR supposed to give oxygen to this alleged fraud even though there is zero proof that it exists?
What a wonderful opportunity, then, for them to expose the lies once and for all. Just invite someone who claims there was fraud in the 2020 election and say at the beginning of the segment “you now have ten uninterrupted minutes to tell us the evidence of fraud.”

When this is followed by 10 minutes of dead silence, everyone will know that there was no problem. The claims of fraud will have been exposed as a fraud, and NPR will have done something beneficial to those force to pay for it.

What a wonderful opportunity, then, for them to expose the lies once and for all. Just invite someone who claims there was fraud in the 2020 election and say at the beginning of the segment “you now have ten uninterrupted minutes to tell us the evidence of fraud.”

When this is followed by 10 minutes of dead silence, everyone will know that there was no problem. The claims of fraud will have been exposed as a fraud, and NPR will have done something beneficial to those force to pay for it.
They wouldn’t invite a flat earther to discuss if the world were round or flat.
The world is round.

They wouldn’t invite the head of the KKK to discuss if blacks are inferior.
Blacks are not inferior.

Why would they invite an election denier?
The election was certified.

Forum List

Back