NRA General Counsel Robert Dowlut Convicted of Murder

[

There are no rights-what a low grade uneducated moron you are

No I'm a realist.

[
So the second amendment say the right of the militia to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed? No dullard, it says the people.

It also says Well-Regulated Militia. BUt let's not even go that far. We have modern police and armies today. An armed populate might have made sense in1787 when we were genociding the native americans and oppressing the slaves, but now so much now.

[
I think you hate freedom because it scares you/ Put on your big boy panties and stop soiling your garments

No,"Freedom" doesn't scare me. Stupid tools with guns who think they need to arm themselves because all the corporate money in the world can't win elections scare me.

[
what sort of laws do you want dullardly one? LANZA committed CAPITAL MURDER TO GET A GUN-what further punishments would have stopped him

moron

1) You can't buy a gun if you are crazy person or you have a crazy person in the house.
2) If you own a gun, you have to carry insurance tocover the damages if there's a rampage committed with it.
3) If you sold a gun used in a crime, you own that crime.

1. Some states don't allow a gun to be kept in a house in which a certifiably insane person lives. The trick is, do the mental health professionals put the names into the system.

2. Insurance to cover a rampage? There are 60 million gun owners and an average of 10,000 murders each year. That means 0.017% of gun owners have killed someone. Not much of a probability on which to force insurance sales.

3. The person that owns the crime is the one who commits it. If you sell a gun in violation of a law, you pay for THAT violation. If there was no law broken by your sales, you are not responsible. We don't punish people for what someone else does.

[

No I'm a realist.

[
So the second amendment say the right of the militia to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed? No dullard, it says the people.

It also says Well-Regulated Militia. BUt let's not even go that far. We have modern police and armies today. An armed populate might have made sense in1787 when we were genociding the native americans and oppressing the slaves, but now so much now.

[
I think you hate freedom because it scares you/ Put on your big boy panties and stop soiling your garments

No,"Freedom" doesn't scare me. Stupid tools with guns who think they need to arm themselves because all the corporate money in the world can't win elections scare me.

[
what sort of laws do you want dullardly one? LANZA committed CAPITAL MURDER TO GET A GUN-what further punishments would have stopped him

moron

1) You can't buy a gun if you are crazy person or you have a crazy person in the house.
2) If you own a gun, you have to carry insurance tocover the damages if there's a rampage committed with it.

whoa, in your dream reality our country should be called, USSR
you're right about one thing you aren't a realist

I am still confused as to why the NRA's attorney having been convicted and then the conviction overturned, means anything.

I am still confused as to why the NRA's attorney having been convicted and then the conviction overturned, means anything.

You mean why should a gun murderer be representing an organization that makes it easier for murderers to get guns?

You mean why should a gun murderer be representing an organization that makes it easier for murderers to get guns?

Is he a gun murderer? From what I saw, his case was overturned. That means the legal system decided he was not guilty. Isn't that how the system works? You were all for union thugs being let off, but not a lawyer for an organization that works to protect 2nd Amendment rights and does more firearm safety training than any organization except the military.

[

Is he a gun murderer? From what I saw, his case was overturned. That means the legal system decided he was not guilty. Isn't that how the system works? You were all for union thugs being let off, but not a lawyer for an organization that works to protect 2nd Amendment rights and does more firearm safety training than any organization except the military.

We have 32,000 gun deaths and 78,000 gun injuries in this country every years. the NRA failed if that's their mission.

And, no, if you kill a woman and get off on a technicality, that's a little more serious than calling some skank a "scab" in front of her kids.

[

We have 32,000 gun deaths and 78,000 gun injuries in this country every years. the NRA failed if that's their mission.

And, no, if you kill a woman and get off on a technicality, that's a little more serious than calling some skank a "scab" in front of her kids.

32,000??? The ONLY way you get that number is if you count the 20k gun suicides. Now some suicides are pleas for attention. But the one thing you can be sure of in a gun suicides, the person wanted to die. There is no way you can say any of those would not have died if no gun was available. And unless those suicides were also convicted felons or documented to be insane, there is absolutely no reason they should not have a firearm. As for the 78k injuries, wouldn't safety training from the NRA have saved many of those from injury? I am pretty certain that most of the accidental shootings involved people breaking some of the basic shooting safety rules that the NRA has been preaching for decades. If the NRA failed in any gun safety capacity, it is because idiots have stopped them from their safety training based on ignorant biases.

And you are still actually trying to say that the worst those thugs did was call her a "scab"? lmao I guess lying does help your case. But they threatened her life and threatened her children.

Yes, he got off on a technicality. The Bar Association sees fit to allow him to practice law.

But let's say, for the sake of argument, that he was convicted and it was NOT overturned. If he is not in prison and is a member in good standing with the Bar Association, why would he not be allowed to practice law? That is the crux of the issue, that he is a lawyer for a group you dislike.

Yawn,

Okay, sorry, these guys weren't even CHARGED with threatening children. (Taking pictures is a threat?) And the law in PA allows a lot of latitude in labor actions.

A lot less serious than shooting a woman because you were fucking her underaged daughter, and then getting away on a technicality.

Yawn,

Okay, sorry, these guys weren't even CHARGED with threatening children. (Taking pictures is a threat?) And the law in PA allows a lot of latitude in labor actions.

A lot less serious than shooting a woman because you were fucking her underaged daughter, and then getting away on a technicality.

The law in PA allows more than latitude. It allows thugs to intimidate people. And in this situation, yes the picture taking was a blatant threat.

But, once again, if the man is a member of the Bar, why should he not be allowed to practice law? I guess you think anyone convicted of a crime should have no rights and if the cops ignore his constitutional rights, he is just out of luck?

I have still not seen one single thing to suggest the man should not be allowed to practice law. If he is allowed to practice law, and he is a good lawyer (which he is), why wouldn't you hire him?

didn't suggest he shouldn't be able to practice law.

Have A BIG problem that someone like this is helping WRITE the laws on guns.

[

No I'm a realist.

[

[

[

moron

1. Some states don't allow a gun to be kept in a house in which a certifiably insane person lives. The trick is, do the mental health professionals put the names into the system.

2. Insurance to cover a rampage? There are 60 million gun owners and an average of 10,000 murders each year. That means 0.017% of gun owners have killed someone. Not much of a probability on which to force insurance sales.

3. The person that owns the crime is the one who commits it. If you sell a gun in violation of a law, you pay for THAT violation. If there was no law broken by your sales, you are not responsible. We don't punish people for what someone else does.

There is insurance available for shooters. One of our posters here actually said he carries a policy. Can't remember his exact name but he admits he's from Texasss and has "lonestar" in his name.

There's a failed RW politician who is pushing it and sorry I don't remember his name - just some has-been-wannabe.

NRA offers shooters insurance - Chicago Tribune
Shooting someone in self-defense can be costly.

But if you do end up being charged with a felony, the National Rifle Association offers its members an insurance policy that could pay thousands of dollars in legal costs.

The concealed carry liability insurance, which ranges from $165 a year for a $100,000 policy to $600 a year for $1 million in coverage, reimburses attorney fees and other legal costs resultingfrom criminal or civil case defense. Proceeds from the premiums go to the NRA.

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

The policyholder never sees a check. When a policy is paid, the money goes directly to the attorney. But there is a major caveat. The policyholder has to be acquitted of the charges before one dime is paid out. A conviction or a determination that the shooting was not justified voids the policy.

The NRA explains the purpose of the policy this way on its website: "We recognized this gap in coverage and created a plan to help protect National Rifle Association members should the unthinkable happen."

Other large organizations, including the US Concealed Carry Association, offer similar policies.

As to #3 - The air tasers I own also shoot out small tags which identify the owner. Not an unreasonable requirement for ammo.

[

No I'm a realist.

[

[

[

moron

There is insurance available for shooters. One of our posters here actually said he carries a policy. Can't remember his exact name but he admits he's from Texasss and has "lonestar" in his name.

There's a failed RW politician who is pushing it and sorry I don't remember his name - just some has-been-wannabe.

But if you do end up being charged with a felony, the National Rifle Association offers its members an insurance policy that could pay thousands of dollars in legal costs.

The concealed carry liability insurance, which ranges from $165 a year for a $100,000 policy to $600 a year for $1 million in coverage, reimburses attorney fees and other legal costs resultingfrom criminal or civil case defense. Proceeds from the premiums go to the NRA.

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

The policyholder never sees a check. When a policy is paid, the money goes directly to the attorney. But there is a major caveat. The policyholder has to be acquitted of the charges before one dime is paid out. A conviction or a determination that the shooting was not justified voids the policy.

The NRA explains the purpose of the policy this way on its website: "We recognized this gap in coverage and created a plan to help protect National Rifle Association members should the unthinkable happen."

Other large organizations, including the US Concealed Carry Association, offer similar policies.

As to #3 - The air tasers I own also shoot out small tags which identify the owner. Not an unreasonable requirement for ammo.

what kind of moron thinks criminals are going to use such ammo

I reload most of the ammo I shoot with cast bullets

I guess the anti gun nut cases want to ban all such ammo

[

No I'm a realist.

[

[

[

moron

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

The insurance is great for covering your costs defending yourself. But, as you stated, it pays nothing for the "rampage" JoeB is apparently afraid of.

#3 - ID tags for ammo? lol So being able to match the ballistics to my gun is not enough, you wantto make the ammo prohibitively expensive, not to mention effectively killing the reloading market, just to accomplish something that can already be done by any police dept in the country? lol

And tasers are fine for what they do. However, they also negate other uses for firearms. I have never pointed my sidearm at another human being. But I have used it and other handguns to dispatch injured animals that have been hit by vehicles (mine and others).

If he is an expert on the legal ramifications of the 2nd Amendment, there is no reason he should be prevented from being the NRA's lawyer.

Oh, and perhaps a review of how laws are passed would be in order. The NRA does not pass laws. Only Congress does that. If they choose to make use of the expertise of the NRA's lawyers, there is nothing wrong.

Here is Dowlut's bio:

"Robert Dowlut is presently General Counsel for the National Rifle Association. Mr. Dowlut, a member of the District of Columbia Bar and Virginia Corporate Counsel State Bar, received his J.D. in 1979 from Howard University School of Law, Washington, D.C. His publications include: The Right to Keep and Bear Arms: A Right to Self-Defense Against Criminals and Despots, 8 Stanford Law & Policy Rev. 25 (1997); Bearing Arms in State Bills of Rights, Judicial Interpretation and Public Housing, 5 St. Thos. L. Rev. 203 (1992); Federal and State Constitutional Guarantees to Arms, 15 Univ. Dayton L. Rev. 59 (1989); The 2nd Amendment: To Keep and Bear Arms, 8 San Fran. Barrister L. J. 8 (1989); The Current Relevancy of Keeping and Bearing Arms, 15 Univ. Bait. L. Fomm 32 (1984); The Right to Anns: Does the Constitution or the Predilection of Judges Reign?, 36 Old. L. Rev. 65 (1983); and State Constitutions and the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, 7 Old. City Univ. L. Rev. 177 (1982) (lead coauthor). An article of his was cited by the district court in United States v. Emerson, 46 F.Supp2d 598 (N.D. Tex. 1999), and another article was cited twice by the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in United States v. Emerson, 270 F.3d 203 (5th Cir. 2001). Additionally, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit and the supreme courts of Kentucky, Nebraska, Oregon, Rhode Island, West Virginia, and Wisconsin cited one of his articles.

Mr.Dowlut served with the U.S. Army 82nd Airborne Division as a paratrooper and with the Army Reserve's 12th Special Forces."

The bold is mine. But it shows that some higher courts have cited his writings in court proceedings. He is quite qualified for his position.

If he is an expert on the legal ramifications of the 2nd Amendment, there is no reason he should be prevented from being the NRA's lawyer.

Oh, and perhaps a review of how laws are passed would be in order. The NRA does not pass laws. Only Congress does that. If they choose to make use of the expertise of the NRA's lawyers, there is nothing wrong.

Congress doesn't pass laws. We have a SCOTUS declaring gun laws null and void. What's the point of having a gun law,

[Q

The bold is mine. But it shows that some higher courts have cited his writings in court proceedings. He is quite qualified for his position.

He's a murderer who got away with it.

Isuppose you'll cite OJ Simpson as an expert on race relations next.

Congress doesn't pass laws. We have a SCOTUS declaring gun laws null and void. What's the point of having a gun law,

Congress does, indeed, pass gun laws. SCOTUS only rules on them if it is brought before them as unconstitutional. And they have ruled properly, imo.

[Q

He's a murderer who got away with it.

Isuppose you'll cite OJ Simpson as an expert on race relations next.

Let me know when a higher court uses OJ's writings in their proceedings.

Dowlut is qualified for his job and there is no legal reason to deny him it. You don't like the NRA, I get that. But unless you have a reason for Dowlut being dismissed (like a conviction that stuck, ect) this is all nonsense.

[

Congress does, indeed, pass gun laws. SCOTUS only rules on them if it is brought before them as unconstitutional. And they have ruled properly, imo.

That's because you're a fucking gun nut.

How is it that it took 200+ years to get a SCOTUS to read the 2nd Amendment the way you clowns do?

Forum List

Back