NRA Publishes Enemies List With 506 Names

I'll give the same comment I gave the last time this was posted. Thanks for the list, now I know who to boycott.

Really? You plan to boycott law enforcement and health care providers. Are you one of those survivalists who live in a bunker?

you know when you want an argument to support gun ownership and point out how ridiculous the proposed legislation on the table by the democrats is, the best place to look it at an anti gun nuts argument supporting it.

Case in point -

"One guy TRIES to use shoe bomb and everyone at the airport now has to take shoes off. 31 school shootings since Columbine, but no change."
Michelle‏@MichelleLaw

A classic. Yes on guy tried to use a shoe bomb and we know have to take our shoes off and go through security. But what we didn't do is try to ban shoes. Or try to limit the size and types of shoes people wore. or try to classify shoes in to acceptable ones and scary ones. or limit the length of the laces. Or determine who could where shoes and who couldn't. Or require a background check to see who we feel is at risk for buying a pair of shoes. or create a national registry of shoes.

And we didn't do those things because we knew the would be outright ridiculous. Only a complete and total fool would ever recommend such drastic measure. as far as i know, shoes aren't even a constitutional right

So do you all get my drift here?
That's right. Nor is there a push to ban underwear. The agenda isn't hard to figure out. Shoes and underwear can't be used to deter government troops when they start slaughtering their citizens.

Really? You plan to boycott law enforcement and health care providers. Are you one of those survivalists who live in a bunker?

you know when you want an argument to support gun ownership and point out how ridiculous the proposed legislation on the table by the democrats is, the best place to look it at an anti gun nuts argument supporting it.

Case in point -

"One guy TRIES to use shoe bomb and everyone at the airport now has to take shoes off. 31 school shootings since Columbine, but no change."
Michelle‏@MichelleLaw

A classic. Yes on guy tried to use a shoe bomb and we know have to take our shoes off and go through security. But what we didn't do is try to ban shoes. Or try to limit the size and types of shoes people wore. or try to classify shoes in to acceptable ones and scary ones. or limit the length of the laces. Or determine who could where shoes and who couldn't. Or require a background check to see who we feel is at risk for buying a pair of shoes. or create a national registry of shoes.

And we didn't do those things because we knew the would be outright ridiculous. Only a complete and total fool would ever recommend such drastic measure. as far as i know, shoes aren't even a constitutional right

So do you all get my drift here?
That's right. Nor is there a push to ban underwear. The agenda isn't hard to figure out. Shoes and underwear can't be used to deter government troops when they start slaughtering their citizens.

i think a shoe was even thrown at the president and still we didn't infringe on peoples rights to own shoes

I refuse to buy from as many companies that have a political agenda that I oppose as I possibly can.

I haven't made but one purchase a year from KMart for over decade for their position on guns.

I won't buy an Apple product.

I have never had ice cream from Ben and Jerrys.

I refuse to join the AARP. ( At work I have to give AARP members a 10% discount, so I give NRA members or CCW/CCP holders a 15% discount. )

I have done this for years. It's nothing new. But I do like knowing which companies are funneling money to people who oppose my 2nd Amendment Rights. I can do as much as I can as not to let them use my money against me.

I refuse to buy from as many companies that have a political agenda that I oppose as I possibly can.

I haven't made but one purchase a year from KMart for over decade for their position on guns.

I won't buy an Apple product.

I have never had ice cream from Ben and Jerrys.

I refuse to join the AARP. ( At work I have to give AARP members a 10% discount, so I give NRA members or CCW/CCP holders a 15% discount. )

I have done this for years. It's nothing new. But I do like knowing which companies are funneling money to people who oppose my 2nd Amendment Rights. I can do as much as I can as not to let them use my money against me.

same here. and I make sure I let them know why

NRA Publishes Enemies List With 506 Names | ThinkProgress

Late last year, the National Rifle Association’s lobbying arm published a Nixonian enemies list naming organizations and individuals that “lent monetary, grassroots or some other type of direct support to anti-gun organizations” or have otherwise backed efforts to promote gun safety. The list totals 506 names, including major medical associations, law enforcement organizations, former presidents and a long list of celebrities. Here are five examples of the kinds of groups the NRA views as its enemies:
<see link for a list>
>
The Gun Lobby's Jewish Enemies List

The National Rifle Association compiled a list of its enemies and it reads like a Jewish who’s who list. The list, prepared by the NRA’s Institute for Legislative Action includes 506 individuals, organizations, media outlets and corporations that “have lent monetary, grassroots or some other type of direct support to anti-gun organizations.”

The groups listed by the NRA as enemies of the gun-rights cause could easily populate a Conference of Presidents meeting room. They include major Jewish national organizations, including the Anti Defamation League, American Jewish Committee, B’nai B’rith, and the Jewish Labor Committee; two major Jewish women organizations: Hadassah and National Council of Jewish Women; and the Central Conference of American Rabbis, which is the Reform movement’s rabbinical arm.
<more>

OMG!!! They sound just like an interest group! Oh wait.....they are.

Nothing to see here.....move along...

If I remember the little troll op who posted this thread posted a list of all the directors on the nra just a a few weeks ago..I guess that isn't called posting a enemies list though..

two faced hypocrites

Could it be that they are nothing but left wing advocacy organizations? You guys love deceitful names.
So...you haven't taken a look at either of those police groups? You're just knee-jerking?

Acutally I did, they do some good things. However if they don't support the Constitution I consider that a big neg, kind of like people like you. Remember do unto other.

nothing criminal about this folks, but thinkprogess should sued for their LYING ASS headline..

If these people on the list have businesses, BOYCOTT them..Hit them where it hurts the most, their stinking wallets

Last edited:
Of course it is.

If to do so means to take away freedoms, of course it is.

The problem with you is that you only want to allow the freedoms that you approve of. that isn't freedom at all.

I was thinking the exact same thing about you as I was reading what you said. I live in a country where you are not allowed to carry firearms, and I am just as free or freer than I am in the United States.

And it's because of gun restrictions? You full of bull shit pal.

Because I feel safer. And I feel freer to speak my mind than I do in the United States.

NRA Publishes Enemies List With 506 Names | ThinkProgress

Late last year, the National Rifle Association’s lobbying arm published a Nixonian enemies list naming organizations and individuals that “lent monetary, grassroots or some other type of direct support to anti-gun organizations” or have otherwise backed efforts to promote gun safety. The list totals 506 names, including major medical associations, law enforcement organizations, former presidents and a long list of celebrities. Here are five examples of the kinds of groups the NRA views as its enemies:
<see link for a list>
>
The Gun Lobby's Jewish Enemies List

The National Rifle Association compiled a list of its enemies and it reads like a Jewish who’s who list. The list, prepared by the NRA’s Institute for Legislative Action includes 506 individuals, organizations, media outlets and corporations that “have lent monetary, grassroots or some other type of direct support to anti-gun organizations.”

The groups listed by the NRA as enemies of the gun-rights cause could easily populate a Conference of Presidents meeting room. They include major Jewish national organizations, including the Anti Defamation League, American Jewish Committee, B’nai B’rith, and the Jewish Labor Committee; two major Jewish women organizations: Hadassah and National Council of Jewish Women; and the Central Conference of American Rabbis, which is the Reform movement’s rabbinical arm.
<more>

This is bad, but SPLC publishing a hate list is good.

Forum List

Back