NRA Stand and Fight: We Are America-video

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
:clap2:

Pass this around people

[ame=http://youtu.be/kj3xsX9XMMY]NRA Stand and Fight: We Are America - YouTube[/ame]

comments at site

As good a place to put this as any..

The NRA?s sharp turn to the right - Opinion - The Boston Globe

As recent stories in the Washington Post and Salon have recounted, for most of its history, the NRA was a mainstream organization that promoted marksmanship, conservation, and hunting. After the headline-grabbing shoot-outs involving heavily armed, Prohibition-era gangsters like Al Capone, John Dillinger, and Bonnie and Clyde, the NRA even helped the FDR administration to pass the nation’s first gun-control laws, in 1934 and 1938. Decades later, it deemed the gun-control act of 1968 something “the sportsmen of America can live with.”

So what happened? Simple: A group of gun-rights absolutists unhappy with the organization’s moderate, bipartisan orientation staged a surprise takeover. That started with a floor fight over rules and leadership at the NRA’s 1977 meeting in Cincinnati, where better organized gun-rights absolutists prevailed over NRA moderates. As an index of their outlook, Neal Knox, instrumental in the Cincinnati insurrection, thought that the assassinations of President Kennedy and Martin Luther King Jr. might be part of a plot to advance gun control, and favored rolling back restrictions on the private ownership of machine guns.

As recent stories in the Washington Post and Salon have recounted, for most of its history, the NRA was a mainstream organization that promoted marksmanship, conservation, and hunting. After the headline-grabbing shoot-outs involving heavily armed, Prohibition-era gangsters like Al Capone, John Dillinger, and Bonnie and Clyde, the NRA even helped the FDR administration to pass the nation’s first gun-control laws, in 1934 and 1938. Decades later, it deemed the gun-control act of 1968 something “the sportsmen of America can live with.”

So what happened? Simple: A group of gun-rights absolutists unhappy with the organization’s moderate, bipartisan orientation staged a surprise takeover. That started with a floor fight over rules and leadership at the NRA’s 1977 meeting in Cincinnati, where better organized gun-rights absolutists prevailed over NRA moderates. As an index of their outlook, Neal Knox, instrumental in the Cincinnati insurrection, thought that the assassinations of President Kennedy and Martin Luther King Jr. might be part of a plot to advance gun control, and favored rolling back restrictions on the private ownership of machine guns.

oh boy, a oponion piece from the Boson globe?

Everyone is turned into a extremest by you people. the Tea party and now the 4million members of the NRA

Everyone is turned into a extremest by you people. the Tea party and now the 4million members of the NRA

I think the position that insane people should be unrestricted in acquiring military grade weapons because we might have to fight the government some day is a pretty extreme position in any universe.

Except yours, apparently. One where the Boston Globe and any other news source that isn't a drug addled Hate Radio host isn't to believed.

I think the position that insane people should be unrestricted in acquiring military grade weapons because we might have to fight the government some day is a pretty extreme position in any universe.

Except yours, apparently. One where the Boston Globe and any other news source that isn't a drug addled Hate Radio host isn't to believed.

lol, blaming the radio again...I wouldn't know I don't listen to Rush, but evidently you do
you should started you own damn thread with that hit piece you posted

:cuckoo:

Last edited:

First of all you need to stop lying in your posts. Either that or you are hopelessly ignorant about the topic you are discussing. Nobody is selling military grade weapons to any civilians mentally ill or not. No full auto weapons are for sale to the general public. (least wise without the specific approval of the highest LEO in the local area and several additional restrictions including prohibitively high pricing).

lol, blaming the radio again...I wouldn't know I don't listen to Rush, but evidently you do

It blew up this thread pretty effectively.

The NRA is out of step with the country. People are getting wise to the fact that it is the tool of gun manufacturers who recklessly want to sell their product without concern to the consequences.

First of all you need to stop lying in your posts. Either that or you are hopelessly ignorant about the topic you are discussing. Nobody is selling military grade weapons to any civilians mentally ill or not. No full auto weapons are for sale to the general public. (least wise without the specific approval of the highest LEO in the local area and several additional restrictions including prohibitively high pricing).

An AR-15 has all the capabilities of a M-16 except firing full auto. (Which you can do by simply filing off a sear guard.)

The fact is, most soldiers don't use the full-auto feature. It just wastes bullets.

These guns should not be in the hands of civilians. Period.

Especially ones like Lanza, Holmes, Loughner, etc.

This is silly nonsense and conjecture on the part of the writer. Nobody is talking about private ownership of machine guns. We're talking about ownership of regular run of the mill semi auto rifles which cause fewer deaths in the country each year than people's fists and feet as documented by the FBI year in and year out. The maniacs here are the ones that are coming up with a solution to a problem we don't have.

An AR-15 has all the capabilities of a M-16 except firing full auto. (Which you can do by simply filing off a sear guard.)

The fact is, most soldiers don't use the full-auto feature. It just wastes bullets.

These guns should not be in the hands of civilians. Period.

Especially ones like Lanza, Holmes, Loughner, etc.

They absolutely should be in the hands of civilians, no better place for them. See my signature below. The quote by Washington says it all. And you can keep your red herring, I don't have a taste for it.

It blew up this thread pretty effectively.

The NRA is out of step with the country. People are getting wise to the fact that it is the tool of gun manufacturers who recklessly want to sell their product without concern to the consequences.

so what about cars manufacturers? 30,000 people a year die from them, they sell their product without concern to the consequences?... if people don't think like you do that makes them out of step with the country..you are a hysterical blowhard

They absolutely should be in the hands of civilians, no better place for them. See my signature below. The quote by Washington says it all. And you can keep your red herring, I don't have a taste for it.

I don't go to slave rapists who died 200 years ago for good ideas.

Washington thought slavery was fine and bleeding people was a good medical treatment.

I put his opinions on guns along with that.

Now, seriously, you have your nutbag with a gun who thinks he's going to take on the government.

The government has fighter planes, attack helicopters, tanks, APCS, drones, chemical and nuclear weapons.

And frankly, when they do take that nutter out, it will be to the cheering of his neighbors when they wheel out the body bag.

so what about cars manufacturers? 30,000 people a year die from them, they sell their product without concern to the consequences?... if people don't think like you do that makes them out of step with the country..you are a hysterical blowhard

Staph, you really need to stop trying this lame analogy, it just makes you look silly.

Of course, everything you do makes you look silly...

Yes we the people are in control of what goes down in this country.

The NRA does not represent the vast majority of THE PEOPLE.

they need to STOP lying to themselves and others about that.

Yes we the people are in control of what goes down in this country.

The NRA does not represent the vast majority of THE PEOPLE.

they need to STOP lying to themselves and others about that.

they are bigger than you people who think you are in control

Staph, you really need to stop trying this lame analogy, it just makes you look silly.

Of course, everything you do makes you look silly...

you my dear should look in a mirror to see silly, we watched you all through the election with Romney....now pass this video on to all your friends...lol

Washington thought slavery was fine and bleeding people was a good medical treatment.

Now, seriously, you have your nutbag with a gun who thinks he's going to take on the government.

The government has fighter planes, attack helicopters, tanks, APCS, drones, chemical and nuclear weapons.

And frankly, when they do take that nutter out, it will be to the cheering of his neighbors when they wheel out the body bag.

Most people in this country think you are the nutter for calling the father of the country nothing but a slave rapist. You are seriously a damaged individual. I have no idea what you are prattling on about in the rest of your rambling non-nonsensical diatribe.

Most people in this country think you are the nutter for calling the father of the country nothing but a slave rapist. You are seriously a damaged individual. I have no idea what you are prattling on about in the rest of your rambling non-nonsensical diatribe.

Did you need someone to explain the big words to you?

I don't get misty-eyed over the Founding Fathers. This country was founded by a bunch of rich douchebags who didn't want to pay their taxes. It's not something to be proud of, kind of the initial mental retardation of this country.

But for the nutter who wants to take on the government.

Rocket Launcher beats AR-15.

Forum List

Back