🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

NRA to Condors: Sorry, but We’re Going to Keep Killing You With Lead Bullets

Are the Condors actually trying to digest lead?

I'm a civil war, amateur archaeologist. So when I find bullets dropped 150 years ago. at least 30% of them have bite marks from Deer, squirrel, Opossum. and various critters. They found them on battlefields and spat them out. Are the Condors fully digesting full metal jackets encased in copper with a lead core?

Bring me up to speed.

I'm a civil war, amateur archaeologist. So when I find bullets dropped 150 years ago. at least 30% of them have bite marks from Deer, squirrel, Opossum. and various critters. They found them on battlefields and spat them out. Are the Condors fully digesting full metal jackets encased in copper with a lead core?

Bring me up to speed.

They could be. I guess it was a problem with other animals.

I'd hate to see any species fall, and become extinct. I'm just trying to understand the dynamics of this shit.

Lead is very important when it comes to killing animals because of it's weight and density.

I really don't know what the solution is.

Finland is a massive hunting country, and very few people have a problem with it. I don't. Many of my friends hunt.

Lead ammunition is illegal here (I think), and so it should be.

Hunters should care about the environment and wildlife, and most I know do so. Maybe that is different in the US,or maybe those going nuts here aren't hunters but merely the extreme right wing drones.

What is interesting about this topic is that as soon as someone starts to discuss hunting rationally - he gets attacked by the Fundamentalist Right and erronsously labeled a "Nazi" etc etc etc.

Why can't gun owners discuss these topics sensibly?

Last edited:
There has to be a middle ground that protects hunter's rights while saving endangered species.

Absolutely.

The funny thing is, for most people who are on the gun control side of this debate, hunting is not a big issue. Hunters do not kill a lot of people (not unless their name is Cheney!) , and most use guns safely and sensibly. They don't use a lot of M16s or AKs or the weapons people want off the streets.

So the hysteria about lead bullets in largely paranoia.

Meanwhile, I do think most people want to protect bird and animal life from any kind of threat.

What next...will the NRA start claiming national parks are "fascist" and seek to open them up to hunting, too?

I suppose on the bright side, scientists are very close to creating extinct species, although a wooly Mammoth has no business in today's world.

There has to be a middle ground that protects hunter's rights while saving endangered species.

Absolutely.

The funny thing is, for most people who are on the gun control side of this debate, hunting is not a big issue. Hunters do not kill a lot of people (not unless their name is Cheney!) , and most use guns safely and sensibly. They don't use a lot of M16s or AKs or the weapons people want off the streets.

So the hysteria about lead bullets in largely paranoia.

Meanwhile, I do think most people want to protect bird and animal life from any kind of threat.

What next...will the NRA start claiming national parks are "fascist" and seek to open them up to hunting, too?

good grief, all you people in Finland are just so ahead of the times and such saintly people
as for the rest, you have all the liberal talking points down pat from our country

Last edited:
NRA to Condors: Sorry, but We?re Going to Keep Killing You With Lead Bullets

For a few short days last week, the National Rifle Association posted its second “enemies list” on a new NRA-sponsored website called huntfortruth.org. Mysteriously, the website is now down, citing “scheduled maintenance” after a week in existence. Yet the list, once published, is now present in the collective conscious. On it are zoos, environmental groups, and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, all of whom the NRA is admonishing for their desire to ban the use of lead bullets by hunters.

TakePart first learned of the story on Wednesday, after the Seattle Post Intelligencer reported that huntfortruth.org had posted the following: “Self-proclaimed environmental organizations are pushing to prohibit the use of traditional lead ammunition in hunting and recreational shooting. These radical groups are now going so far as to claim that eating wild game taken with lead ammunition is a serious health risk to hunters and families.”

The group went to say that “Anti-lead ammunition groups will not rest until all lead ammunition, and ultimately hunting, is abandoned.”

The list comes at a time when new legislation is being considered by the California State Legislature that would ban the use of lead bullets throughout the state. At present, lead bullets are banned in habitats favored by the endangered California condor.

Only a small percentage of US hunts. Last I read, the NRA's own figure was something like 7%. That does not mean that 93% are against hunting. Some are, certainly, but many have no opinion or erroneously believe the lying propaganda that says hunting is somehow a 'good thing'.

But, why not stop using lead in bullets?

This has nothing to do with the metallurgy of the projectile.
It's an excuse.
Deplete people's stockpiles of ammunition.
Charge a massive tax on new "approved" ammunition.
Effectively disarming gun owners.
It's a back door gun grab nothing more.

If they make lead rounds illegal it's not like I'm going to throw them away. I'll still have my lead stockpile for that special occasion in which the legality of lead would be the least of their worries.

Bring me up to speed.

They ingest it for use in the gizzard.

NRA to Condors: Sorry, but We?re Going to Keep Killing You With Lead Bullets

For a few short days last week, the National Rifle Association posted its second “enemies list” on a new NRA-sponsored website called huntfortruth.org. Mysteriously, the website is now down, citing “scheduled maintenance” after a week in existence. Yet the list, once published, is now present in the collective conscious. On it are zoos, environmental groups, and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, all of whom the NRA is admonishing for their desire to ban the use of lead bullets by hunters.

TakePart first learned of the story on Wednesday, after the Seattle Post Intelligencer reported that huntfortruth.org had posted the following: “Self-proclaimed environmental organizations are pushing to prohibit the use of traditional lead ammunition in hunting and recreational shooting. These radical groups are now going so far as to claim that eating wild game taken with lead ammunition is a serious health risk to hunters and families.”

The group went to say that “Anti-lead ammunition groups will not rest until all lead ammunition, and ultimately hunting, is abandoned.”

The list comes at a time when new legislation is being considered by the California State Legislature that would ban the use of lead bullets throughout the state. At present, lead bullets are banned in habitats favored by the endangered California condor.

Only a small percentage of US hunts. Last I read, the NRA's own figure was something like 7%. That does not mean that 93% are against hunting. Some are, certainly, but many have no opinion or erroneously believe the lying propaganda that says hunting is somehow a 'good thing'.

But, why not stop using lead in bullets?

Windows kill more birds than ingesting lead or anything else. Want to outlaw windows?

Bird_mortality_chart.jpg

Forum List

Back