NSA ***ADMITS*** Listening To US Domestic Calls WITHOUT A WARRANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure that the terrorists are laughing their asses off because a bunch of pea-brained paranoid sociopaths are making it harder for police agency's catch them.
May I assume you condemned the NYT for this:

The New York Times Publishes Classified National Security Secrets Once Again (Wizbang)

...or did you think it was no big deal?

The left defended the Old Gray Lady for it.

Keeping the US safe from terrorists is the number one issue. If it means that my phone call is listened to then so be it.

More to the point, your phone call isn’t being ‘listened to,’ the NSA geeks aren’t interested in you complaining to someone about a traffic ticket you got.

And even if something ‘incriminating’ were discovered, the government would need to get a real warrant predicated on actual probable cause.

Indeed, if the government is engaging in surveillance absent a warrant, then one needn’t be concerned about being subject to criminal prosecution; any evidence gathered would be inadmissible, including evidence of alleged ‘terrorism.’

The Fourth Amendment guarantees a right to privacy and to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures pursuant to criminal prosecution; one doesn’t have a Fourth Amendment right not to be embarrassed.

The New York Times Publishes Classified National Security Secrets Once Again (Wizbang)

Keeping the US safe from terrorists is the number one issue. If it means that my phone call is listened to then so be it.

More to the point, your phone call isn’t being ‘listened to,’ the NSA geeks aren’t interested in you complaining to someone about a traffic ticket you got.

And even if something ‘incriminating’ were discovered, the government would need to get a real warrant predicated on actual probable cause.

Indeed, if the government is engaging in surveillance absent a warrant, then one needn’t be concerned about being subject to criminal prosecution; any evidence gathered would be inadmissible, including evidence of alleged ‘terrorism.’

The Fourth Amendment guarantees a right to privacy and to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures pursuant to criminal prosecution; one doesn’t have a Fourth Amendment right not to be embarrassed.

Sad to see.

My brothers and I were discussing this at my folks' house yesterday (Mom and Dad celebrated their 68th wedding anniversary!), and my oldest brother, who's a liberal, said, "You know what worries me the most? That I wasn't surprised about this."

Sad times for America.
Too bad you didn't say that when Bush was doing his warrantless wiretapping and Congress backdated his authorization.

Oh, right, terrorists were BAD GUYS then.

:cuckoo:
Listen, you braindead boot licker, Bush spied on terrorists. Obama spies on innocent Americans.

Of course, you're another of those retards that thinks conservatives are a threat to the nation, so your stupid bullshit opinions are safely discarded.
still doing the lame boot licker thing huh...

It really doesn't matter if they can listen to phone calls right now.

The fact is they are accumulating a massive database of information on citizens which can be mined for a variety of purposes. (I'll note that, even with that info, the Feds are incapable of preventing attacks such as the recent Boston Marathon one, even when they have the Russian's giving them a warning.) The nature of government power itself means that somebody will abuse this data in violation of the Constitution. It's inevitable.

Combine that data with a growing and unaccountable bureaucracy run by the Executive Branch as a way around Congressional authority, and we have a Constitutional Crisis.

It's here. Ignoring it won't make it go away.

um....congress is in on it too moron.

Oh god not this lame Russian meme again.
The truth is not lame. The Obama Administration dropped the ball, and people died.

Obama's incompetence has cost a lot of people their lives.

And you think he's doing a FINE job. :cuckoo:

no they didnt drop the ball moron. this isn't minority report where you can arrest people for crimes they have yet to commit.

Seriously you are no better than the people from the NSA.

Do you, like this Administration, define "terrorist" as "patriot who loves his country, supports the Constitution, and wants small government"?

I do believe that there is a paranoid element of the population that follow and parrot the rantings of others that are out to sell their radio shows, TV shows, and books, demonizing the Government to make a profit.

but, but, when Bush did it the rw'ers simply said "Well, if you're not doing anything wrong, what do you have to worry about?"

And the libs wanted to crucify Bush. But Obama on the other hand...

I don't think you realize the serious technology that NSA can bring to bear in that massive new spy Palace in Utah.. I have some familiarity with the field.

You can camp on a particular traffic route and screen for a short set of "key words" and using voice recognition -- have a list of "suspect calls" come up on the screen. Even easier for email traffic. So if the word for the day is "bomb" --- and you remark "This weekend is gonna be the BOMB Dude !" --- your call is now suspect. Given the "3 day rule" under FISA, the analyst now seems to have CAUSE to listen personally to content or SAVE the call for later analysis. They just have to file some paperwork to get an unknown, unaccountable "judge" rubberstamp your eavesdropping up to 3 days later and they almost NEVER REFUSE a warrant. So when Obama ASSURES you that they need a warrant for content --- you could ALREADY be violated before said warrant gets issued..

Flight 800 is re-opened on USMB.. Lots of searches goin on about surface-air missiles and airliners.. Why don't ya go out and get me the specs on a MANPAD missile.. Will ya do that for me??? If not --- why not???

I chillingly heard an Admin spokesmouth opine that the 4th amendment doesn't cover "records"... Think John Adams would have consider my records to be "papers"?

I don't think you realize the serious technology that NSA can bring to bear in that massive new spy Palace in Utah.. I have some familiarity with the field.

You can camp on a particular traffic route and screen for a short set of "key words" and using voice recognition -- have a list of "suspect calls" come up on the screen. Even easier for email traffic. So if the word for the day is "bomb" --- and you remark "This weekend is gonna be the BOMB Dude !" --- your call is now suspect. Given the "3 day rule" under FISA, the analyst now seems to have CAUSE to listen personally to content or SAVE the call for later analysis. They just have to file some paperwork to get an unknown, unaccountable "judge" rubberstamp your eavesdropping up to 3 days later and they almost NEVER REFUSE a warrant. So when Obama ASSURES you that they need a warrant for content --- you could ALREADY be violated before said warrant gets issued..

Flight 800 is re-opened on USMB.. Lots of searches goin on about surface-air missiles and airliners.. Why don't ya go out and get me the specs on a MANPAD missile.. Will ya do that for me??? If not --- why not???

I chillingly heard an Admin spokesmouth opine that the 4th amendment doesn't cover "records"... Think John Adams would have consider my records to be "papers"?

The best thing that can come from this is for ALL citizens to demand we have a national conversation about how much liberty we are willing to forfeit for security. Because when Bush started doing this shit, the right was silent or cheerleaders. NOW they see what liberals were saying back then.

Too bad you didn't say that when Bush was doing his warrantless wiretapping and Congress backdated his authorization.

Oh, right, terrorists were BAD GUYS then.

:cuckoo:
Listen, you braindead boot licker, Bush spied on terrorists. Obama spies on innocent Americans.

Of course, you're another of those retards that thinks conservatives are a threat to the nation, so your stupid bullshit opinions are safely discarded.
still doing the lame boot licker thing huh...
Don't like it? Stop being a lame bootlicker.

Simple, huh?

um....congress is in on it too moron.

Oh god not this lame Russian meme again.
The truth is not lame. The Obama Administration dropped the ball, and people died.

Obama's incompetence has cost a lot of people their lives.

And you think he's doing a FINE job. :cuckoo:

no they didnt drop the ball moron. this isn't minority report where you can arrest people for crimes they have yet to commit.

Seriously you are no better than the people from the NSA.
My goodness, but you're stupid.

I never said the bombers should have been arrested before the committed any crimes.

But they could have been surveiled.

Russia contacted FBI `multiple? times on concerns about alleged Boston Marathon bomber - Nation - The Boston Globe

WASHINGTON -- Russian authorities alerted the US government not once but ``multiple’’ times over their concerns about Tamerlan Tsarnaev -- including a second time nearly a year after he was first interviewed by FBI agents in Boston -- raising new questions about whether the FBI should have focused more attention on the suspected Boston Marathon bomber, according to US senators briefed on the probe Tuesday.

The FBI has previously said it interviewed Tsarnaev in early 2011 after it was initially contacted by the Russians. After that review, the FBI has said, it determined he did not pose a threat.

In a closed briefing on Tuesday, members of the Senate Intelligence Committee learned that Russia alerted the United States about Tsarnaev in ``multiple contacts’’ -- including ``at least once since October 2011,’’ said Richard Burr, a Republican of North Carolina, speaking with reporters afterward.

Senators said the briefing also revealed failures among federal agencies to share vital information about Tsarnaev, indicating, they said, that the US government still has not established a strong system to ``connect the dots’’ about would-be terrorists residing in America more than a decade after 9/11.​
They dropped the ball. Your mindless bootlicking does not alter reality.

Do you, like this Administration, define "terrorist" as "patriot who loves his country, supports the Constitution, and wants small government"?

I do believe that there is a paranoid element of the population that follow and parrot the rantings of others that are out to sell their radio shows, TV shows, and books, demonizing the Government to make a profit.
The poor, poor government. :(

It's interesting the way you capitalize "government". Is that significant, perhaps?

Forum List

Back