NSA taps in to internet giants' systems to mine user data, secret files reveal

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
The National Security Agency has obtained direct access to the systems of Google, Facebook, Apple and other US internet giants, according to a top secret document obtained by the Guardian.

The NSA access is part of a previously undisclosed program called PRISM, which allows them to collect material including search history, the content of emails, file transfers and live chats, the document says.

The Guardian has verified the authenticity of the document, a 41-slide Powerpoint presentation – classified as top secret with no distribution to foreign allies – which was apparently used to train intelligence operatives on the capabilities of the program. The document claims "collection directly from the servers" of major US service providers.

Although the presentation claims the program is run with the assistance of the companies, all those who responded to a Guardian request for comment on Thursday denied knowledge of any such program.

NSA has direct access to tech giants' systems for user data, secret files reveal | World news | guardian.co.uk

What exactly the program is and does:

The PRISM program allows the NSA, the world's largest surveillance organisation, to obtain targeted communications without having to request them from the service providers and without having to obtain individual court orders.

With this program, the NSA is able to reach directly into the servers of the participating companies and obtain both stored communications as well as perform real-time collection on targeted users.

The hits just keep coming. It's one thing to understand that you have no privacy thanks to the government, but it's another to have it confirmed in such a way. Of course, it goes without saying that this is all unconstitutional, but that's never stopped anybody before.

Personally, I find this more worrisome than them mining our phone call data, but it's the same principle I suppose.

Last edited:
And they really want our guns?

Yes this is what it's all about.
You can't have the one World Government in the not so far distant future with citizens who are armed. This is why they got them out of Australia and England.
They have to have all the data and it's a worldwide collection, in order for you to get that data chip (or whatever it may be) in you, so that only those with it, can buy, sell or trade.
In the name of safety and security of course :evil:
The two countries left whose citizens that have guns are America and Israel. Switzerland restricts ammunition.

You can't have the one World Government in the not so far distant future with citizens who are armed. This is why they got them out of Australia and England.
They have to have all the data and it's a worldwide collection, in order for you to get that data chip (or whatever it may be) in you, so that only those with it, can buy, sell or trade.
The two countries left whose citizens that have guns are America and Israel. Switzerland restricts ammunition.

Well this was retarded.
They want the info because they want to know and power. Just the way it is. Its completely wrong but seriously dont be fucking retarded with this "teh want me guns!"

The National Security Agency has obtained direct access to the systems of Google, Facebook, Apple and other US internet giants, according to a top secret document obtained by the Guardian.

The NSA access is part of a previously undisclosed program called PRISM, which allows them to collect material including search history, the content of emails, file transfers and live chats, the document says.

The Guardian has verified the authenticity of the document, a 41-slide Powerpoint presentation – classified as top secret with no distribution to foreign allies – which was apparently used to train intelligence operatives on the capabilities of the program. The document claims "collection directly from the servers" of major US service providers.

Although the presentation claims the program is run with the assistance of the companies, all those who responded to a Guardian request for comment on Thursday denied knowledge of any such program.

NSA has direct access to tech giants' systems for user data, secret files reveal | World news | guardian.co.uk

What exactly the program is and does:

The PRISM program allows the NSA, the world's largest surveillance organisation, to obtain targeted communications without having to request them from the service providers and without having to obtain individual court orders.

With this program, the NSA is able to reach directly into the servers of the participating companies and obtain both stored communications as well as perform real-time collection on targeted users.

The hits just keep coming. It's one thing to understand that you have no privacy thanks to the government, but it's another to have it confirmed in such a way. Of course, it goes without saying that this is all unconstitutional, but that's never stopped anybody before.

Personally, I find this more worrisome than them mining our phone call data, but it's the same principle I suppose.
Did you hear that Mariah Carey is leaving American Idol?

Well this was retarded.
They want the info because they want to know and power. Just the way it is. Its completely wrong but seriously dont be fucking retarded with this "teh want me guns!"

You're right. That was retarded.

Well this was retarded.

A few years ago I was called retarded because I said the government would be tracking every phone call people made.

Before that I was a conspiracy nut when I thought the government would use a terror attack to take away people's freedom.

When are the people that keep calling me retarded going to realize how utterly depraved they are?

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
Ben Franklin

You see.... all this secrecy all this cover up and lies all this lack of transparency from an Administration who said it was going to be the most transparent in history, only shows President Obama is scared of America.... he knows that the only way to rule is to become a totalitarian, a true Stalin, and that is exactly what he is doing.

Poor Amerika.

Apple is claiming they've never heard of PRISM and have not given any such access to the federal government.

Well this was retarded.

A few years ago I was called retarded because I said the government would be tracking every phone call people made.

Before that I was a conspiracy nut when I thought the government would use a terror attack to take away people's freedom.

When are the people that keep calling me retarded going to realize how utterly depraved they are?

When they suddenly become targets of the very same government they endear so greatly. Such a reality will be epiphanous!

I'm scared to say or write anything nowadays. I can't concentrate with the government continually buttfucking me.

Under NDAA federal agents can attempt to throw a black bag over your head with a no knock warrant, well armed and will even execute you while unarmed.

Install dual 1/16 inch steel plates with 1/4 inch rubber in between over 5/8 inch plywood, with sheetrock over it on every wall of your house like I'm doing. Keep every door locked with quad-bolts, have an immediate escape plan and make sure your fences aren't too high in at least two different locations in case you need to run.

Also learn how to stealth yourself against infrared vision when they send aerial surveillance.

Run to the nearest public area when its safe and tell everyone what happened, make sure you also do something extremely stupid (but not harmful) to get arrested, like running around the street naked saying you are Micky Mouse, in order to make sure you get some press coverage and are arrested by local authorities instead of the feds.

Apple is claiming they've never heard of PRISM and have not given any such access to the federal government.

Apple is not a telecom company, any orders they get wouldn't come from the same place. They would also be required to deny the existence of any secret orders if they got them.

I really hope you don't believe that.
Plausible.

You don't think that big Kabuki dance over their taxes a couple weeks ago was all it appeared to be, do you?

No of course not.

I smelled fish with that one. I'll have to admit that seemed out of place at the time. But now since this has come out, I can put 2 and 2 together.

Forum List

Back