NSA taps in to internet giants' systems to mine user data, secret files reveal

Apple is claiming they've never heard of PRISM and have not given any such access to the federal government.

I really hope you don't believe that.
Plausible.

You don't think that big Kabuki dance over their taxes a couple weeks ago was all it appeared to be, do you?

To clarify, I was hoping that he didn't believe Apple didn't know anything about Prism, or that it didn't give access to customer related information to the government. My apologies.

I really hope you don't believe that.
Plausible.

You don't think that big Kabuki dance over their taxes a couple weeks ago was all it appeared to be, do you?

To clarify, I was hoping that he didn't believe Apple didn't know anything about Prism, or that it didn't give access to customer related information to the government. My apologies.
They very well may not have not heard of it as PRISM, or had refused to comply.

Apple was definitely having "la mordita" put on them for something and it wasn't their taxes.

Apple is claiming they've never heard of PRISM and have not given any such access to the federal government.

Apple is not a telecom company, any orders they get wouldn't come from the same place. They would also be required to deny the existence of any secret orders if they got them.

You'd think they'd merely give the typical "No comment" response, however.

This is a leak of a top secret program...is Holder investigating??? Is Obabble concerned...yea even outraged? Have heard nothing....

This is a leak of a top secret program...is Holder investigating??? Is Obabble concerned...yea even outraged? Have heard nothing....

"I wish English language were broader so I could express my simultaneous contempt & mockery for the investigation threats emanating from DC" - Glenn Greenwald

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/342791464444649472

I haven't found any of these threats yet, but apparently they exist.

They probably haven't been given permission to speak on this subject.
It does appear odd doesn't it.

I'm scared to say or write anything nowadays. I can't concentrate with the government continually buttfucking me.

lube-1s25.jpg

Greenwald is going to be on Piers Morgan and Lawrence O'Donnell tonight to discuss Verizon and PRISM. Just an update.

Plausible.

They very well may not have not heard of it as PRISM, or had refused to comply.

Apple was definitely having "la mordita" put on them for something and it wasn't their taxes.

Agreed.

Greenwald is going to be on Piers Morgan and Lawrence O'Donnell tonight to discuss Verizon and PRISM. Just an update.

I went over your link:

"As Jolie O’Dell discovered when talking to Google representatives about PRISM, it’s possible that there is a gag order from the U.S government that prevents Google — or any other company — from talking about certain information … like the existence of a secret digital backdoor or the fact that anyone is aware of or participating in such a program."

What are your thoughts?

I went over your link:

"As Jolie O’Dell discovered when talking to Google representatives about PRISM, it’s possible that there is a gag order from the U.S government that prevents Google — or any other company — from talking about certain information … like the existence of a secret digital backdoor or the fact that anyone is aware of or participating in such a program."

What are your thoughts?

I'd say that's a given. It's the same situation with Verizon. I just felt like Apple's and Google's statements on PRISM were strange. Outright denial rather than "no comment" like Verizon said.

Forum List

Back