NSA taps in to internet giants' systems to mine user data, secret files reveal

OP- for over 7 years, with congressional oversight, and renewed every 3 months....What ever happened to journalism? Over and above the disgraceful Pub Propaganda machine and the silly, hysterical Pub hater dupes....of course.

OP- for over 7 years, with congressional oversight, and renewed every 3 months....What ever happened to journalism? Over and above the disgraceful Pub Propaganda machine and the silly, hysterical Pub hater dupes....of course.

WTF are you talking about?

Can you explain why it's nuts to point out that the government could easily abuse this power and use the information it has collected to target political opponents?

because they are not going to do it, this wasnt the intention. She ony said it because Obama is in office and nothing more. Had this been Romney she never would have said it. IT was a partisan comment and nothing more.

How do you know they're not going to do it, and it wasn't the intention? Are you privy to the inner workings of the Obama administration? Regardless, let's assume you're right. Obama has no intention of doing that and it's merely wild speculation on the part of partisans. What about the next administration? Or the one after that? Can you guarantee what they're going to do? Of course not. That's why it's important to point out that this program is perfectly situated for this type of abuse, and even if the present administration doesn't do it then there's no guarantee that a future administration won't.
because i have some faith in the courts striking this down at somepoint. If they uphold this then i would maybe join in your this could happen. I'll wait and see what the ACLU and others do first.

I don't care which administration did it--the FACT is it's still going on--and it's an invasion of privacy--which is against the U.S. Constitution and our rights to privacy. The FACT that it is still going on within the Obama administration--(after 6 years)--you know the guy that "walks on water" is even more disturbing.

WTF are you talking about?

um what the news as been reporting on this story?

You are about as much help as a rubber crutch. Again WTF are you talking about?

Republicans are bamboozle into supporting the Patriot Act, Democrats are duped into supporting gun control...and we march steadily onwards toward inevitablity...

Republicans are bamboozle into supporting the Patriot Act, Democrats are duped into supporting gun control...and we march steadily onwards toward inevitablity...

If I remember right--it was Obama in 2007/2008 that actually campaigned on striking down the Patriot Act. Well NO-- he didn't in fact he renewed it--via a fax machine from some place in Europe. He didn't even attempt to "tweek" the Patriot Act from G. W. Bush policy.

Well this was retarded.
They want the info because they want to know and power. Just the way it is. Its completely wrong but seriously dont be fucking retarded with this "teh want me guns!"

A few years ago I was called retarded because I said the government would be tracking every phone call people made.

Before that I was a conspiracy nut when I thought the government would use a terror attack to take away people's freedom.

When are the people that keep calling me retarded going to realize how utterly depraved they are?

those are reasonable opinions. Saying Obama did this to target conservatives is not. They grabbed data on everyone, everyone is affected by this. Its wrong period. We don't need to be making stupid shit up in order to show how wrong this is QW.

You really are obsessed with the IRS targeting conservatives. Is that because you honestly believe Obama was behind it, or is it simply that your brain is to small to handle more than one thought at a time?

those are reasonable opinions. Saying Obama did this to target conservatives is not. They grabbed data on everyone, everyone is affected by this. Its wrong period. We don't need to be making stupid shit up in order to show how wrong this is QW.

The point being that they could, however. And never put it past government to abuse its alleged powers.

they could do a lot of things, i rather not look like an absurd fool that utters every dumb thing that comes to mind.

Yet you keep blathering about Obama not being in charge of the government.

We have a forum for that nonsense then, but if you are going to shout out something like that. Then expect other people to call you nuts. Also one has to take into account WHO is saying it as well.

Can you explain why it's nuts to point out that the government could easily abuse this power and use the information it has collected to target political opponents?

because they are not going to do it, this wasnt the intention. She ony said it because Obama is in office and nothing more. Had this been Romney she never would have said it. IT was a partisan comment and nothing more.

It was an accident that they started gathering data on every form of electronic communication in the country? Do you have any idea how stupid that makes you look?

The government cannot be trusted, no matter who is in charge of it.

Let me help you with this so you don't keep repeating yourself.

It does not matter when it started, or who is doing it now, it is wrong.

Last edited:
The point being that they could, however. And never put it past government to abuse its alleged powers.

they could do a lot of things, i rather not look like an absurd fool that utters every dumb thing that comes to mind.

he isnt. ?he is but one part of it. Or does the fact that we have or are supposed to have a balance in our government escape you??

A few years ago I was called retarded because I said the government would be tracking every phone call people made.

Before that I was a conspiracy nut when I thought the government would use a terror attack to take away people's freedom.

When are the people that keep calling me retarded going to realize how utterly depraved they are?

You really are obsessed with the IRS targeting conservatives. Is that because you honestly believe Obama was behind it, or is it simply that your brain is to small to handle more than one thought at a time?

huh

It was an accident that they started gathering data on every form of electronic communication in the country? Do you have any idea how stupid that makes you look?

The government cannot be trusted, no matter who is in charge of it.

what? Are you smoking some crack or something? I don't know what you are replying to?

he isnt. ?he is but one part of it. Or does the fact that we have or are supposed to have a balance in our government escape you??

He is not one part of it, he is the ultimate boss of 33% of it. Anything that the executive branch does is his responsibility.

huh

Did the question confuse you?

huh

Did the question confuse you?

i wasnt sure if it was addressed to me because i havent done what you claim. You are trying to be cute and play some game QW. Stop, im not going to play it.

Forum List

Back