NYC begins bikeshare program for all but fatties

Fat people dont ride bikes anyway. My Mt. bike has a 250 lb weight limit. If someone rides it that weighs over that amount, the stress on the carbon fiber frame chainstays are compromised and serious injury could result.

people are of course, extremely stupid. Such as these two:

But citizens aren’t buying it. Jhoskaira Ferman, a 20-year-old student from Pelham Bay, Bronx, says that “If you’re 260 pounds or 300 pounds and want to ride a bike, you should be allowed to. You’re making a choice to live healthier and to lose weight.”

19-year-old Juleissy Lantigua agrees: “That’s bogus,” she says. “260 pounds isn’t going to break the bike. To me, that’s discrimination. And I’m not easily offended!”

If the fatties want to ride, maybe they should meet the weight requirements for safety purposes.

Then these same retards would scream if the fatty broke the bike and couldn't sue for damages because they were allowed to ride the bike while exceeding its safety specs.

I work with a dude that is ~330lbs, and calling him fat will have him laugh at you. He's a powerlifter who can do curls with a small CAR!

Note: I do not recall any of the bicycles I have owned (my first, a little kids' bike, may have) having a weight limit mentioned anywhere.

Forum List

Back