NYPD now req'd to use "calming phrases" and "appeal to rational mind" of psychotic criminals

Cops told The Post the rules are absurd, as most of the disturbed people they encounter on the street won’t listen to reason. “You know what most perps say if you talk to them like that? ‘Get the f–k out of here.’ It’s laughable,” a high-ranking official said.

The pamphlet also lists several obvious signs that someone is out of control, including screaming, cursing, balling his or her hands into fists and sweating profusely.

“By lowering their emotional state through de-escalation, you may be able to appeal to their rational mind, which may enhance the probability that the subject will voluntarily comply,” the booklet says.

Perhaps if they offered to pray with them?

ROFLMAO.
Maybe you should first try to calm them down before you beat the shit out of them

Sensitivity rules are turning our cops into shrinks

"Street shrinks" are what the cops are mocking this liberal mayors brilliant idea as. A new directive mandating cops to use "calming phrases" and "appeal to the rational mind" of mentally ill criminals on the street.

Yeah....this is gonna be a total disaster. This is the kind of shit that....well.....there's a reason almost every liberal run city is a crime infested shithole.

Anything is an improvement over their usual motherfucker, dicklicker, cocksucker and so on.

Other changes include a mandate that cops fill out a new “Threat, Resistance or Injury Incident Worksheet” every time they fight with a suspect or use pepper spray or a Taser.

A supervisor also will be required to investigate anytime someone is injured or there’s an allegation of brutality.

Furthermore, the new rules explicitly prohibit cops from using force to keep suspects from swallowing illegal drugs or to remove them from someone’s mouth or other orifice, and from using a Taser on someone handcuffed behind their back.

I like the part where they have to let the perps swallow their illegal drugs! That's cool. Why don't they just disband the police force and let the perps rule the streets. Save some money.

Sorry, dummy. Being a cop is a profession. It isn't a job. Law enforcement officers all over the world are trained to deal with crazy people in ways that reduce the chances of injury to all parties.

If you were truly an advocate for cops, you'd applaud this sort of news.
Do you live in or near NYC?

Ruh Roh! I'd better be careful. A nutbag has asked me a leading question. If I answer it...I run the risk of falling prey to his superior intellect. I'm sure he's got a reply ready regardless of how I reply.

Danger! Danger!

Sorry, dummy. Being a cop is a profession. It isn't a job. Law enforcement officers all over the world are trained to deal with crazy people in ways that reduce the chances of injury to all parties.

Ruh Roh! I'd better be careful. A nutbag has asked me a leading question. If I answer it...I run the risk of falling prey to his superior intellect. I'm sure he's got a reply ready regardless of how I reply.

Danger! Danger!

It wasn't a leading question.
The belligerence of the criminal element in NYC has risen dramatically.
It would be nice if all a cop had to do to calm down an emotionally disturbed individual was to speak softly.
Life isn't so simple, especially when everyone in NY knows DeBlasio will crucify a cop before a convicted criminal.

Last edited:
Other changes include a mandate that cops fill out a new “Threat, Resistance or Injury Incident Worksheet” every time they fight with a suspect or use pepper spray or a Taser.

A supervisor also will be required to investigate anytime someone is injured or there’s an allegation of brutality.

Furthermore, the new rules explicitly prohibit cops from using force to keep suspects from swallowing illegal drugs or to remove them from someone’s mouth or other orifice, and from using a Taser on someone handcuffed behind their back.

I like the part where they have to let the perps swallow their illegal drugs! That's cool. Why don't they just disband the police force and let the perps rule the streets. Save some money.

They won't allow cops to taser someone who is cuffed behind their back?

Liberal bastards!

Predictably.....liberals who have never spent so much as 10 minutes as a cop on a dark street at midnight dealing with an "emotionally disturbed person" (aka fucking violent psychotic criminal) are all chiming in with FULL APPLAUSE of the new Dr. Phil approach to law enforcement.

Liberal bastards!

Hmmm.....WHY WOULD you taze someone who is handcuffed?

Say you're at the jail. Handcuffed psycho in back of car. When you try to remove him....he's on his back kicking as hard as he can at you trying to smash your teeth in. You go around the other side to get his head and shoulders......and he's spitting and biting and his mouth is bleeding...and he probably has AIDS.

Options:
A. Taser....and he stops. No one hurt.
B. Fill back seat with pepper spray and...well....who knows
C. Drag him out by his legs....and he hits his head on concrete as you pull him out
D. Jump in and whoop his ass....and get arrested yourself
E. Shut the door and wait him out
F. Reason with him and Dr. Phil him into submission

I'm interested in what libs pick.

Danger! Danger!

It would be nice if all a cop had to do to calm down an emotionally disturbed individual was to speak softly.
Life isn't so simple, especially when everyone in NY knows DeBlasio will crucify a cop before a convicted criminal.

All bullshit. Congratulations.

Liberal bastards!

Say you're at the jail. Handcuffed psycho in back of car. When you try to remove him....he's on his back kicking as hard as he can at you trying to smash your teeth in. You go around the other side to get his head and shoulders......and he's spitting and biting and his mouth is bleeding...and he probably has AIDS.

Options:
C. Drag him out by his legs....and he hits his head on concrete as you pull him out

The cops can't use pepper spray either. They may as well have a donut and a coffee and let the thugs run NYC.

Danger! Danger!

All bullshit. Congratulations.

You apparently don't watch a NYC News Broadcast on a daily basis.
Either that, or you're a batshit insane Progressive who thinks all cops are evil and all criminals simply woke on the wrong side of the bed.

Liberal bastards!

Options:

Wait him out.....get additional officers

Liberal bastards!

Options:

To what? Sweet talk? Maybe the hallelujah chorus would do it?

Liberal bastards!

Options:

You do know that if cops picked that option....it would bring law enforcement to a stand still since it would occupy half the manpower trying to "wait out" psychos and committing 3 or 4 cops to every 1 mentally fucked up asshole....right?

(AND....how often do we hear liberal dipshits whining "oh it takes 4 cops to arrest 1 person???" And the next day their answer to resistors is "get additional officers". Liberals are fucking retards man.)

I can imagine a patrol Leiutenant asking why no one is available to answer a 911 call.....and they respond "LT we are waiting out Jonny Psycho....he's having a temper tantrum in the car and resisting....we sure wouldn't wanna make him uncomfortable or be mean".

LT would respond "Oh ok...no problem....all these 911 calls will just have to wait....whatever you do don't be mean to Jonny Psycho!!"

And some leftist fag with a camera will be saying "oh oh oh....it really takes 3 gestapo cops to handle 1 man huh????"

Basically....whatever cops DO...libs say they should have done the opposite.

Sensitivity rules are turning our cops into shrinks

"Street shrinks" are what the cops are mocking this liberal mayors brilliant idea as. A new directive mandating cops to use "calming phrases" and "appeal to the rational mind" of mentally ill criminals on the street.

Yeah....this is gonna be a total disaster. This is the kind of shit that....well.....there's a reason almost every liberal run city is a crime infested shithole.
The ‘shoot first, ask questions later’ mentality common to far too many rightwing reprobates and morons.

too funny , the op wouldn't last two days in NYC with that cletus inbred hick accent , his ass would be kicked from the Bowery to Harlem and everywhere in between once he opened up his slack jaw

Last edited:

Liberal bastards!

Options:

To what? Sweet talk? Maybe the hallelujah chorus would do it?

Why not if it will calm someone down?

Many domestic calls could use a "time out" to let them calm down. Busting heads is not always the best solution

But conservatives are not happy unless a perp is put in the hospital

Sir...pretty please stop being violent...I'm here to help...tell me how you feel....how can I help you? Help me...help you. HELP ME....HELP YOU. Let's talk about emotions.....

images-4.jpeg

Forum List

Back