NYPD now req'd to use "calming phrases" and "appeal to rational mind" of psychotic criminals

Predictably.....liberals who have never spent so much as 10 minutes as a cop on a dark street at midnight dealing with an "emotionally disturbed person" (aka fucking violent psychotic criminal) are all chiming in with FULL APPLAUSE of the new Dr. Phil approach to law enforcement.
Straw man fallacy.

No one is referring to a clearly dangerous situation.

The issue concerns situations where the police are in no immediate danger, as a resolution to a situation can be resolved without police resorting to physical force.

The fact is that many situations get out of control and turn violent because law enforcement resorted to physical force too soon.

And yes – citizens do have the right to be critical of police and second-guess their actions; if they can’t accept such criticism and make changes accordingly then they should consider a profession in something other than law enforcement.
They should become professional donut eaters!

Ha well probably not that. But they'll become professionals at not showing up to non-criminal calls anymore. That's already happening.

Wait him out.....get additional officers
To what? Sweet talk? Maybe the hallelujah chorus would do it?

Why not if it will calm someone down?

Many domestic calls could use a "time out" to let them calm down. Busting heads is not always the best solution

But conservatives are not happy unless a perp is put in the hospital
Oh really. You want the cops to give the nasty perps time to finish beating the shit out of their wives. That's innovative for sure.

Or else you can calm down a domestic situation before it becomes violent

If it hasn't become violent yet....why are cops there??? No crime has occurred.

THE SOLUTION to that is "No crime has occurred? Then there is no law needing enforcement. We won't be responding."
Screaming, yelling, threats

Call 9-11

Sir...pretty please stop being violent...I'm here to help...tell me how you feel....how can I help you? Help me...help you. HELP ME....HELP YOU. Let's talk about emotions.....

View attachment 77132
This fails as another straw man fallacy.

Again, no one is talking about a dangerous situation with an immediate threat to law enforcement.

And again, the issue concerns an unarmed private citizen facing a potential misdemeanor charge at worst, perhaps suffering from mental illness, where physical force is not warranted.

I begin to think that at least one libtard in this thread has no concept of the word V I O L E N C E. We're going to have a nice little chat during a domestic VIOLENCE call.

ROFLMAO.

I feel sorry for the victim.

I begin to think that at least one libtard in this thread has no concept of the word V I O L E N C E. We're going to have a nice little chat during a domestic VIOLENCE call.

ROFLMAO.

Again.....calming down a violent situation is preferable to escalating one

Do you live in or near NYC?

Ruh Roh! I'd better be careful. A nutbag has asked me a leading question. If I answer it...I run the risk of falling prey to his superior intellect. I'm sure he's got a reply ready regardless of how I reply.

Danger! Danger!

It wasn't a leading question.
The belligerence of the criminal element in NYC has risen dramatically.
It would be nice if all a cop had to do to calm down an emotionally disturbed individual was to speak softly.
Life isn't so simple, especially when everyone in NY knows DeBlasio will crucify a cop before a convicted criminal.

All bullshit. Congratulations.

You apparently don't watch a NYC News Broadcast on a daily basis.
Either that, or you're a batshit insane Progressive who thinks all cops are evil and all criminals simply woke on the wrong side of the bed.

Silly nutter. I'm a former resident of NYC. My daughter recently spent a "gap year" living and volunteering in Harlem and the South Bronx. My son is a police officer.

Next.

So why don't you care?
Or are you projecting your masochism onto your son?

ROFLMAO.

Yes, while she gets brain damage. I know. Too late for her, she should have talked him out of it.

Wait him out.....get additional officers

Many domestic calls could use a "time out" to let them calm down. Busting heads is not always the best solution

Oh really. You want the cops to give the nasty perps time to finish beating the shit out of their wives. That's innovative for sure.

THE SOLUTION to that is "No crime has occurred? Then there is no law needing enforcement. We won't be responding."
Wrong.

Police often encounter alleged criminal activity that is in no way violent.

Predictably.....liberals who have never spent so much as 10 minutes as a cop on a dark street at midnight dealing with an "emotionally disturbed person" (aka fucking violent psychotic criminal) are all chiming in with FULL APPLAUSE of the new Dr. Phil approach to law enforcement.
Straw man fallacy.

No one is referring to a clearly dangerous situation.

The issue concerns situations where the police are in no immediate danger, as a resolution to a situation can be resolved without police resorting to physical force.

The fact is that many situations get out of control and turn violent because law enforcement resorted to physical force too soon.

And yes – citizens do have the right to be critical of police and second-guess their actions; if they can’t accept such criticism and make changes accordingly then they should consider a profession in something other than law enforcement.

To you liberals....IT'S ALWAYS "TOO SOON".

You morons have absolutely no real life experience in policing to know when is "too soon" to resort to using physical force to control a situation.

Hint: There are no drum circles or safe spaces to declare in police work when dealing with a potentially violent criminal.

You ever hear of a term called the "ooda loop"? Research it. See....the longer you WAIT....the more time a person has to PLAN and assess their violent attack or escape or whatever resistance they want. Act quickly....and the odds of you WINNING THE FIGHT increases dramatically.

You libs have so so so much learning to do about how to police a city. And judging by the crime in the cities you run....you need it.

Wrong.

You said a "domestic situation" idiot. Not a property crime or drug crime. And there are only 2 kinds. Violent (a crime) and non violent (an argument...not a crime). Cops shouldn't be going to enforce arguments.

The term "domestic situation" means a person on person conflict at home.

Wanna start over??? Because again....you people don't know this topic very well obviously.

ROFLMAO.

Correct.

In addition to not making a potentially violent situation worse by engaging in unwarranted physical force.

I remember one story The Burning Bed, where police responded to many calls of domestic violence in the same home. They must have been liberals, because they did nothing but sweet talk. Long story short the evil perp returned and sliced and diced his wife almost killing her. She sued the city and was awarded millions. I hope NYC has huge coffers of gold.

Screaming, yelling, threats

Call 9-11

A THREAT is a crime. Arrest him. End of debate.

The rest is a non criminal argument. Cops don't enforce arguments.

ROFLMAO.

If it's already violent then it's not kumbaya time. It's jail time. Research "ooda loop". That's why you don't DRAG OUT the time before you begin the arrest.

If the situation has not yet seen a crime committed.....COPS SHOULDN'T BE THERE.

Do you live in or near NYC?

Ruh Roh! I'd better be careful. A nutbag has asked me a leading question. If I answer it...I run the risk of falling prey to his superior intellect. I'm sure he's got a reply ready regardless of how I reply.

Danger! Danger!

It wasn't a leading question.
The belligerence of the criminal element in NYC has risen dramatically.
It would be nice if all a cop had to do to calm down an emotionally disturbed individual was to speak softly.
Life isn't so simple, especially when everyone in NY knows DeBlasio will crucify a cop before a convicted criminal.

All bullshit. Congratulations.

You apparently don't watch a NYC News Broadcast on a daily basis.
Either that, or you're a batshit insane Progressive who thinks all cops are evil and all criminals simply woke on the wrong side of the bed.

Silly nutter. I'm a former resident of NYC. My daughter recently spent a "gap year" living and volunteering in Harlem and the South Bronx. My son is a police officer.

Next.

I presume his beat is in a slum area?

I remember one story The Burning Bed, where police responded to many calls of domestic violence in the same home. They must have been liberals, because they did nothing but sweet talk. Long story short the evil perp returned and sliced and diced his wife almost killing her. She sued the city and was awarded millions. I hope NYC has huge coffers of gold.

Yep. The old saying "cops didn't do anything".

It's why cops should NOT respond if no crime has occurred. Massive liability.

Yep. The old saying "cops didn't do anything".

It's why cops should NOT respond if no crime has occurred. Massive liability.
Oh but a crime was occurring. The perp was smart enough to stop each time he heard them coming.

ROFLMAO.

Correct.

In addition to not making a potentially violent situation worse by engaging in unwarranted physical force.

"Potentially violent"???

For one....if no crime has occurred cops shouldn't be there.

Second....you have no clue about tactics.

Ooda loop. The longer you give a POTENTIALLY violent person to assess the situation and plan and get their thoughts arranged....the more likely you are to LOSE that fight.

So....you want cops lives more endangered to protect the comfort of a criminal??? Typical of the left.

Wrong.

You said a "domestic situation" idiot. Not a property crime or drug crime. And there are only 2 kinds. Violent (a crime) and non violent (an argument...not a crime). Cops shouldn't be going to enforce arguments.

The term "domestic situation" means a person on person conflict at home.

Wanna start over??? Because again....you people don't know this topic very well obviously.
Cops are called into domestic arguments all the time.

Stop it before it becomes a crime

Forum List

Back