NYPD officer in Eric Garner case fired

If I break a policy at work I'm likely going to get fired. If I break a policy at work and someone dies, you can bet I am going to get fired.

I have no idea why some hold a police officer to a different standard. Just do what you are instructed and no one gets fired.

There is a serious question as to if he intended to apply a chokehold, or was just wrestling with a very large, resisting man, along with other officers.

The Admin Judge called it a chokehold, but many disagree.
it's a law of nature!! when something resist--something will break
--when people resist arrest--someone WILL get hurt --plain and simple-- and it's NOT the cops' fault

We are getting these rulings finally because yes, something will break if not. Protests worked.
but the cop did nothing wrong

And yet the entire system (outside of the police union) agreed he did.

--when people resist arrest--someone WILL get hurt --plain and simple-- and it's NOT the cops' fault

We are getting these rulings finally because yes, something will break if not. Protests worked.
Protesters should not be influencing our courts, but unfortunately i think they are.

That's exactly why the founders respected and protected our rights to protest. Always with the arguments to dismantle the Constitution.
At no point did our founding fathers want protesters to affect our courts. Mob justice isnt justice.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then." -Thomas Jefferson
Bro, you are dumb if you think our courts were supposed to be ruled by mobs.

I dont think USMB is quite your speed. Youre over here playing T-ball, while the rest of us are in the MLB. Good day to you sir.

If I break a policy at work I'm likely going to get fired. If I break a policy at work and someone dies, you can bet I am going to get fired.

I have no idea why some hold a police officer to a different standard. Just do what you are instructed and no one gets fired.

There is a serious question as to if he intended to apply a chokehold, or was just wrestling with a very large, resisting man, along with other officers.

.....soooo--as usual -protesting FOR criminals--one of the reasons the black culture fails and will keep failing

Protesters should not be influencing our courts, but unfortunately i think they are.

That's exactly why the founders respected and protected our rights to protest. Always with the arguments to dismantle the Constitution.
At no point did our founding fathers want protesters to affect our courts. Mob justice isnt justice.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then." -Thomas Jefferson
Bro, you are dumb if you think our courts were supposed to be ruled by mobs.

The court made the ruling based upon facts. You can support a police officer putting someone on a chokehold but the system does not.

so--it is UNDENIABLE the black culture is far worse---graduate lower--commit crimes higher--and you AGREE with their culture/protests/decisions???!!!!

He started resisting when questioned. Garner created the situation. He was being an ass.

It is understandable to be an ass when a police officer is trying to violate your rights.

So any time a person is pulled over they should just tell the police to fuck off?

Being pulled over is not a violation of your civil rights if the officer see's you do something illegal. Are you really so desperate as to go here?

But it could be for no reason, and thus as you are stating, an unlawful arrest attempt. Should a person thus start fighting the police?

They should resist.

That's idiotic.

Live updates: NYPD officer Daniel Pantaleo fired - CNN

Not surprising, since the Judge reviewing the case recommended it, and the current Police Chief is nothing more than a DiBlasio shill.

Needless to say the PBA isn't happy about this:

4adfac9c-ecef-4c98-8060-018a08e19948.png
I don't think karma is done with him

Are you implying someone should take him out?

Typical black criminal. does not even consider resisting arrest a crime. Now that this cop has been fired, watch for crime to skyrocket, giving you even more opportunities to steal a two dollar beer.

Resisting an unlawful arrest is not a crime. If Garner had survived, any charges would have been dropped and the settlement still paid out.

Try again:

Do U.S. Citizens Have the Right to Resist 'Unlawful Arrest'?

Found "not guilty" for shooting three police officers in an illegal raid.

Texas Man Found Not Guilty for Shooting Three Cops During NoKnock Raid - Photography is Not a Crime

In that case the guy didn't know they were cops. Garner knew these guys were cops.

Driver found not guilty in resisting arrest case

Steven L Anderson: Jury returns NOT GUILTY verdict on ALL counts in Pastor Anderson trial on 8/13/10

This white lady tells border patrol to screw off and was eventually sent on her way.

Being found not guilty is not the same as having the right to resist.

Not surprising, since the Judge reviewing the case recommended it, and the current Police Chief is nothing more than a DiBlasio shill.

The police officer can go across the river and get a job with the NJPD or even WWE. If he can wrestle the likes of Eric to the floor, he could definately compete with the brutes of professional wrestling.

Sorry, but this firing was political, not administrative. and He was only one of several cops trying to take Garner down, but the only one fired.
Another liberal policy (criminalizing the sale of loose cigarettes) gone bad.

On that I can agree.

Resisting an unlawful arrest is not a crime. If Garner had survived, any charges would have been dropped and the settlement still paid out.

Try again:

Do U.S. Citizens Have the Right to Resist 'Unlawful Arrest'?

Found "not guilty" for shooting three police officers in an illegal raid.

Texas Man Found Not Guilty for Shooting Three Cops During NoKnock Raid - Photography is Not a Crime

In that case the guy didn't know they were cops. Garner knew these guys were cops.

Driver found not guilty in resisting arrest case

Steven L Anderson: Jury returns NOT GUILTY verdict on ALL counts in Pastor Anderson trial on 8/13/10

This white lady tells border patrol to screw off and was eventually sent on her way.

If you are found not guilty of resisting arrest, obviously you have the right to do so.

The police officer can go across the river and get a job with the NJPD or even WWE. If he can wrestle the likes of Eric to the floor, he could definately compete with the brutes of professional wrestling.

Sorry, but this firing was political, not administrative. and He was only one of several cops trying to take Garner down, but the only one fired.

On that I can agree.

And yet you defend the enforcement of the law.

The policeman was not prosecuted
He was removed from his job for not doing his job

After he was investigated for indictment at the State AND the Federal level.

This reeks of them settling for crumbs.

He was doing his job, the question was how he did his job. Garner resisted arrest.
Since when is death the penalty for resisting arrest?

He wasn't executed. he died while resisting arrest.

He subdued him with a chokehold in violation of department policy. The firing was justified and should have happened a while ago.

I disagree. The grappling people are calling a chokehold is just the excuse used by the Police to placate potential rioters.

If you are found not guilty of resisting arrest, obviously you have the right to do so.

Or your lawyer hoodwinked a jury.

On that I can agree.

The law is the law. Police can't pick and choose which laws they will enforce.

On that I can agree.

They do all the time.

On that I can agree.

They do all the time.
keep rooting for the criminals--you culture will keep failing

On that I can agree.

They do all the time.
keep rooting for the criminals--you culture will keep failing

My culture is the one created, protected and defended by the founders. Yes I am concerned that is going to fail.

Fellow officers are NOT happy with this. They fear it will lead to cops being told to back off and not enforce laws. Like they already do in Chicago, San Francisco, and these other Drm run cities. In turn, that just leads to more crime and more attacks on police, who have their hands tied.

I just spoke to one of my nephews who works there and he said morale is low and they’re afraid to do there job because of backlash. It’s sad. Now that the liberals will complain because cops are not out there protecting people instead the. Ops have to protect themselves now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back