NYPD set arrest quotas for minority cops in their own communities

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
12039256_968738486482452_5986078918433879725_n.jpg

A dozen black and Hispanic police officers have sued the city and the NYPD, saying bosses forced them to carry out illegal arrest quotas “against their own minority community” — and one of those cops simultaneously filed a separate federal lawsuit claiming he faced retaliation from his fellow cops and police brass when he complained about the “racially discriminatory and illegal mandatory enforcement activity,” new court papers state.

Police officer Adhyl Polanco claims his locker was plastered over with pictures of police union president Patrick Lynch last year and that another officer called him a “f—— bitch” because of his scathing critiques, his Brooklyn federal court lawsuit states.

Meanwhile, Polanco and 11 other minority cops claimed in Manhattan federal court that the quotas disproportionately affect them — more than white cops — because they “are unwilling to perform racially discriminatory and unwarranted enforcement actions against the minority community.”

So if a black person robs someone or commits a violent crime = no arrest? Is this what you want?

So if a black person robs someone or commits a violent crime = no arrest? Is this what you want?
Who said that and why are you deflecting in the first reply to the thread? Dont you guys normally wait unitl you argument is demolished?

Civilization is all about laws, rules and making sure life is decent enough to live. This isn't wise.

I note that the OP has the accusation, but no evidence backing up the claims. I'm not saying its not true. I just want to see the memo's or taped squad room session where NYPD tells minority cops they have to arrest X number of minorities or suffer the consequences. Got anything like that?

I note that the OP has the accusation, but no evidence backing up the claims. I'm not saying its not true. I just want to see the memo's or taped squad room session where NYPD tells minority cops they have to arrest X number of minorities or suffer the consequences. Got anything like that?
No one cares what you want to see. You arent important. The cops are suing whether you agree or not.

Well this will be thrown out. Racial profiling....is impossible.

ClosedCaption.....you said skin color is not race. You said that bluntly and clearly.

So....how can cops racial profile for stops....if skin color is all they see? Are they stopping people and saying "Excuse me sir....are you black? Because I'm trying to stop black people."

Either you lied in your other thread....or....the premise of this one isn't possible. Which is it?

My guess...they were sent to high crime areas. Told to make arrests. Sued for racism.

I'm not one of the 12 officers so....

ClosedCaption.....you said skin color is not race. You said that bluntly and clearly.

So....how can cops racial profile for stops....if skin color is all they see? Are they stopping people and saying "Excuse me sir....are you black? Because I'm trying to stop black people."

Either you lied in your other thread....or....the premise of this one isn't possible. Which is it?

Its silly time!

Its silly time!

Silly? Seems like a legit question to me.

If these NYPD Officers were told to racially profile....how did they find the black and Hispanic people? Skin color isn't race...according to you. So....how did NYPD racial profile anyone?

They should work towards removing the current mayor, and get one elected that is less racially divisive

The NYPD is just another street gang trying to assert its power over the city. The only difference is they have the backing of the government where other gangs do not.

Forum List

Back