Obama 37% poll.. is HIS fault alone even though MSM been his biggest supporters...

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Unlike GWB who had this rating primarily because the MSM daily bashing of Bush contributed to his ratings, OBAMA has achieved this lowest rating all by himself!
When you had this editor of NewsWeek saying:

"There is a liberal bias. It's demonstrable. You look at some statistics. About 85 percent of the reporters who cover the White House vote Democratic, they have for a long time.
There is a, particularly at the networks, at the lower levels, among the editors and the so-called infrastructure,
there is a liberal bias. There is a liberal bias at Newsweek, the magazine I work for -most of the people who work at Newsweek live on the upper West Side in New York and they have a liberal bias"...Editor Newsweek Evan Thomas

Further proof Obama's polling decline was not the product like Bush's decline to the MSM bashing again..

Evan Thomas Editor of NewsWeek's quotes Well, our job is to bash the president, that's what we do." --
Evan Thomas responding to a question on whether the media's unfair to Bush on the TV talk show Inside Washington,
February 2, 2007.Newsweek's Evan Thomas: 'Our Job Is To Bash the President' | NewsBusters

But what about Obama ... any bashing here???
COLOR="Blue"]I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God." [/COLOR]
Evan Thomas on Hardball, Newsweek?s Evan Thomas: Obama Is ?Sort of God? | NewsBusters

And then to further prove MSM has NOT bashed Obama as they did Bush...

1,160 (85%) of the Senior executives, on-air personalities, producers, reporters, editors, writers and other self-identifying employees of ABC, CBS and NBC contributed more than $1 million to Democrats candidates and campaign committees in 2008, according to an analysis by The Examiner of data compiled by the Center for Responsive Politics.
An average contribution of $880.
By contrast, only 193 of the employees contributed to GOP candidates and campaign committees, for a total of $142,863.
An average Democrat contribution was $744.
Obama, Democrats got 88 percent of 2008 contributions by TV network execs, writers, reporters | The Daily Caller

So in summary.. Bush was BASHED mercilessly by the MSM... Obama? He's a god!
Democrat news execs,personalities etc.. donated 85% to Obama/Demos... think they would then TEAR down the guy they gave money to???

NO we are seeing the complete failure of Obama and all his programs BECAUSE they were stupid in the first place!
Even today Obama blaming GOP "because I met with an awful lot of Republicans to try to get them to go along -- but because there was just ideological resistance to the idea of dealing with the uninsured and people with preexisting conditions."
Obama: Republicans Making It Difficult To Fix Obamacare Glitches | RealClearPolitics

AND HE HAS NO concept of why this "dealing with uninsured" and "preexisting conditions" was opposed!
STUPID for the reason there NEVER were 46 million uninsured when 10 million not citizens, 14 million already qualify for Medicaid and 18 million that DON"T WANT
or need as they are under 34 and make over $50k a year! So this gigantic fraud that exaggerated by nearly 1,000% the true 4 million that need and want
insurance is NOW coming back to in lower opinion of Obama!

Then the idiocy of ignoring "pre-existing conditions" just totally against insurance principles and consequently all that can happen is the cost EXPLODES!

Last edited:
It appears the concept of a biased MSM NOT publicizing Obama's lowering poll numbers.

O'DONNELL: The president's approval rating in our CBS News poll has dropped 15 points during his second term,
but he is still more popular than his predecessor was back in 2005, 10 months into his second term.
President George W. Bush had a 35% approval rating, compared to President Obama's 37%.

Isn't this just sad the MSM just can't help defending Obama!!!

What's the difference here???

Wolfe Blitzer organisms over Bush's drop... but not with Obama???

BLITZER, MARCH 13, 2006: It’s 4 p.m. here in Washington. So you’re getting the first look right now at our brand-new poll. The president’s job approval rating has taken a downward turn again, falling to only 36%. [break] This represents his lowest rating ever in the CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll. [break] The president’s poll numbers are pretty bad, pretty awful right now, rock bottom as far as the CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll. [break] The president’s Iraq problem and his new low point in the polls. [break] His approval and policies now are at new lows. [break] The president’s job approval number in this new CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll, rock bottom, the lowest it’s ever been. [break] It’s 5 p.m. here in Washington where President Bush takes a beating in our latest poll. His approval rating at a low ebb. [break] Our latest CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll just out in the past hour shows the president at an all-time low. [break] His job approval rating at a new low. [break] That’s rock bottom as far as our poll is concerned. [break] It’s 7 p.m. here in Washington. The war in Iraq comes home to roost for President Bush. Our latest poll numbers showing his approval rating at a new low. [break] Also: President Bush hits a new low in the polls. [break] Now back to our lead story: President Bush’s approval rating now at an all-time low. [break] As we noted, a new CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll shows his job approval rating at a new low. [break] President Bush’s approval rating at a new low, 36%.

O'bama's Approval Rating Hits 39%, Where's Blitzer?! - Blur Brain

Unlike GWB who had this rating primarily because the MSM daily bashing of Bush contributed to his ratings, OBAMA has achieved this lowest rating all by himself!

"There is a liberal bias. It's demonstrable. You look at some statistics. About 85 percent of the reporters who cover the White House vote Democratic, they have for a long time.
There is a, particularly at the networks, at the lower levels, among the editors and the so-called infrastructure,
there is a liberal bias. There is a liberal bias at Newsweek, the magazine I work for -most of the people who work at Newsweek live on the upper West Side in New York and they have a liberal bias"...Editor Newsweek Evan Thomas

Further proof Obama's polling decline was not the product like Bush's decline to the MSM bashing again..

Evan Thomas Editor of NewsWeek's quotes Well, our job is to bash the president, that's what we do." --
Evan Thomas responding to a question on whether the media's unfair to Bush on the TV talk show Inside Washington,
February 2, 2007.Newsweek's Evan Thomas: 'Our Job Is To Bash the President' | NewsBusters

COLOR="Blue"]I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God." [/COLOR]
Evan Thomas on Hardball, Newsweek?s Evan Thomas: Obama Is ?Sort of God? | NewsBusters

1,160 (85%) of the Senior executives, on-air personalities, producers, reporters, editors, writers and other self-identifying employees of ABC, CBS and NBC contributed more than $1 million to Democrats candidates and campaign committees in 2008, according to an analysis by The Examiner of data compiled by the Center for Responsive Politics.
By contrast, only 193 of the employees contributed to GOP candidates and campaign committees, for a total of $142,863.
Obama, Democrats got 88 percent of 2008 contributions by TV network execs, writers, reporters | The Daily Caller

Democrat news execs,personalities etc.. donated 85% to Obama/Demos... think they would then TEAR down the guy they gave money to???

NO we are seeing the complete failure of Obama and all his programs BECAUSE they were stupid in the first place!
Even today Obama blaming GOP "because I met with an awful lot of Republicans to try to get them to go along -- but because there was just ideological resistance to the idea of dealing with the uninsured and people with preexisting conditions."
Obama: Republicans Making It Difficult To Fix Obamacare Glitches | RealClearPolitics

AND HE HAS NO concept of why this "dealing with uninsured" and "preexisting conditions" was opposed!
STUPID for the reason there NEVER were 46 million uninsured when 10 million not citizens, 14 million already qualify for Medicaid and 18 million that DON"T WANT
or need as they are under 34 and make over $50k a year! So this gigantic fraud that exaggerated by nearly 1,000% the true 4 million that need and want

Then the idiocy of ignoring "pre-existing conditions" just totally against insurance principles and consequently all that can happen is the cost EXPLODES!

Hmm, what are those GOP approval numbers again?

I didn't know I'd have to be more explicit with some of the denser board readers but here is a 30 second summary!!!
When Bush dropped to 35% MSM was daily bashing Bush totally influencing the people that answered the polls... and no wonder then
we saw those poll numbers.
But with Obama? His drop is more dramatic AND without the majority of the MSM bashing him ... like they did with Bush!

As a result, this drop in Obama's polls are totally done by people uninfluenced by MSM bashing but these people responding to
questions are directly feeling the disaster of Obama!

The fact he is at 37% despite the media love affair - just goes to show that the only ones still "supporting" are the committed idealist. Bush reached 17% partly due to the MSM - DAILY - lambasted him to no end. On the other hand even now they still grace Obama with lavish praise and obvious slanted segments meant to paint ACA etc. in a good light.

Aye - I dare say that Obama's 37%, when considering the publics lack of truthful coverage, is worse than Bush's 17%.

Last edited:

You mean what are numbers concerning CONGRESS...meaning both houses controlled 1/2 each by BOTH parties. Drop the partisan crap son.

You mean what are numbers concerning CONGRESS...meaning both houses controlled 1/2 each by BOTH parties. Drop the partisan crap son.

Uh, no I really do mean the GOP specifically.

I didn't know I'd have to be more explicit with some of the denser board readers but here is a 30 second summary!!!
When Bush dropped to 35% MSM was daily bashing Bush totally influencing the people that answered the polls... and no wonder then
we saw those poll numbers.
But with Obama? His drop is more dramatic AND without the majority of the MSM bashing him ... like they did with Bush!

As a result, this drop in Obama's polls are totally done by people uninfluenced by MSM bashing but these people responding to
questions are directly feeling the disaster of Obama!
People vote their wallets. Obama is draining them daily...reality is finally hitting home and the people finally realize they've been hoodwinked by Obama, The MSM, AND the Statists from both parties.

does anyone really care what Bush's approval was at this time? Bush never put guns to Americans and made them buy health insurance despite that fact that millions of them were in perfect health!

I can't even imagine how low Obama's numbers would be if the media treated him the same way they treated George W.

You really think Democrats are held in that high of esteem? Really? Keep telling yourself that after November 2014.

A month ago their approval rating was 32%. I hardly doubt that has changed much. Democrats approval rating was 47%. No new numbers on either party yet. Just Obama specifically.

You really think Democrats are held in that high of esteem? Really? Keep telling yourself that after November 2014.

A month ago their approval rating was 32%. I hardly doubt that has changed much. Democrats approval rating was 47%. No new numbers on either party yet. Just Obama specifically.
I don't care. Happy? Please plod on Mr. Partisan.

I don't care. Happy? Please plod on Mr. Partisan.

Hey, if you want to be a hypocrite that's your business.

Wonder if blitzer will harp on obama's numbers like he did bushe's. Maybe if the msdia will quit praising obama for making a showing with clinton at the jfk's memorials?

Wonder if blitzer will harp on obama's numbers like he did bushe's. Maybe if the msdia will quit praising obama for making a showing with clinton at the jfk's memorials?
Yeah he was busy giving a blow by blow description of Clinton's and Obama's travels to the memorial. He had no time to mourn for his messiah's low numbers.

Forum List

Back