Obama Admin Tells Landlords They Can’t Refuse To House Criminals

We have survived the haters like James Moore because we are Americans and better than his type of crap.

If you are offering a public service, you have to offer to everyone who is qualified.
What about rapists wanting to rent a room in a woman's home? Ex-cons don't have problems find other accommodations. This is a bullshit Obama regulation and liberals love it!
Yours is a slap out without documentation of compelling interest. The far right always acts on 'feelings', very limited on actual evidence and thought.
Conservatives live in "Realville". Obama has been a disaster and will likely be the last racist black liberal elected again.

So in other words.....a person's past behavior should never be admissible when an employer or landlord is deciding whether to enter into a contract with them.

That's what libs want. Eternal amnesty from their bad behaviors.
Yup. LIBs want everyone to get a 'participation trophy' no matter how badly someone behaves.
Now there's a LIB demand that people from the ghettos be put in free housing in quite peaceful basically crime free neighborhoods.
We'll see what happens the first time some fucking thug tries to steal their neighbor's garbage cans.
LET THE FUN BEGIN!

Punish ex prisoners forever is what I alwasy say by gum

I'm not punishing them by not giving them a job or renting to them. I am protecting myself from a person with a criminal history

Why don't you let some criminal live in your house for free?

This guy doesnt understand the simple rules of being a landlord

Hey you want to tell other people they have to house criminals so put your money where your big fat mouth is

You think landlords dont charge rent so why would I worry about your opinion :laugh2:

Don't know where I said that? You said you don't rent so you don't charge rent

If you want to force a person who rents out an apartment to house a piece of shit criminal then you should lead by example and do it yourself

We have survived the haters like James Moore because we are Americans and better than his type of crap.

If you are offering a public service, you have to offer to everyone who is qualified.

A job is not a public service neither is an apartment
If you hold out housing as a public business, then yeah it is a public service. Stay focused.

Me renting an apartment is not a public business

I rent out several apartments and there are ways of screening out undesirables
One is by not advertising
Another is requiring credit checks and references from past landlords
Those are the rules, OK. But if an agency is going to cover the liability of checking and referencing you have to rent to the client.

If you hold out housing as a public business, then yeah it is a public service. Stay focused.

There is LIB legislation on the way to prohibit any landlord or employer from requiring credit checks and employment history and references from previous landlords.

There is LIB legislation on the way to prohibit any landlord or employer from requiring credit checks and employment history and references from previous landlords.
That will fail.

It is very easy to keep ex cons out of employment. Bond all employees. Can't work there without a bond. Ex cons cannot be bonded. The bonding company does the background check. The employer can be really sympathetic. It's out of his hands, really.

End result is no one will rent property. It's already that way now, renters can literally destroy homes and walk away untouched by the law.

So all of the hard working honest people no longer have places to rent at reasonable prices.

Exactly it's less of a hassle to let an apartment sit empty these days

Those are the rules, OK. But if an agency is going to cover the liability of checking and referencing you have to rent to the client.

No agency will assume that liability
And who needs an agency. I can run a credit check and call references I do it all the time
In fact all I have to do is require a rental application, obtain the required permissions and I can run both a credit check and a criminal background check.
If I do not accept the applicant because of any information all I have to do is tell him that and provide him a copy of the reports

I assume no liability if the reports are inaccurate

Forum List

Back