Obama Admin Tells Landlords They Can’t Refuse To House Criminals

Obama should house convicts in the White House and put his money where his mouth is.

Move them into your house.

Its not for Rent

Even better. They can live there for free and get a fresh start.

Its occupied. That has nothing to do with the anti-discrimination stance tho

He, or she only needs a room. You could let him, or her stay there for a few months, for free and really give them a helluva new start.

No big deal, right?

No spare room champ

Especially for an ex-con, eh? ;)

Its not for Rent

He, or she only needs a room. You could let him, or her stay there for a few months, for free and really give them a helluva new start.

No big deal, right?

No spare room champ

No, I mean there isnt a spare room

No big deal, right?

No spare room champ

Sure there isn't...lol

A landlord can say that and get sued.

No big deal, right?

No spare room champ

Sure there isn't...lol

Key word "landlord" which I am not therefore no suing. See?

No big deal, right?

No spare room champ

Sure there isn't...lol

It's private property, either way.

Ex-cons have it really hard when they've finished serving their time. I've worked with a lot of guys (and gals) who got out of prison and found the door being shut in their face for housing and for jobs. How they supposed to stay "clean" when they can't get a decent job or place to live?

They're not supposed to.... because most of them shouldn't have been let out in the first place.

No spare room champ

Sure there isn't...lol

Of course it is. But both are not landlords and arent held to those rules. See?

Sure there isn't...lol

Private property is private property. A property owner doesn't relinquish his constitutional rights just because he decided to start a business.

Sure there isn't...lol

Private property is private property. A property owner doesn't relinquish his constitutional rights just because he decided to start a business.

Take it up with reality. Reality says you're wrong

It's just another excuse for federal seizure of property. Authoritarians don't like private property, private ownership, and this is just another ploy.

I have to say, I'm rather enjoying the recent encroachment upon the entitlement class of the cities. They've been pulling this shit on the poor people of the country for decades. I get a little thrill when I hear of the DEQ threatening to shut down factories and employers in the CITIES now, and when I see that the feds are going to start seizing property in the cities, and when I hear of the air quality issues and all that in the cities because I can say to them..hey, how dare you defecate in your city parks. Let's call the FBI and shoot the hell out of the losers in the parks, and shut down those factories, and evict those renters..... How do you like it?

Sure there isn't...lol

You're the one that insists a landlord should rent to a con, to help them out. You should do the same thing. Build a guest house in the back yard, or something.

You're the one that insists a landlord should rent to a con, to help them out. You should do the same thing. Build a guest house in the back yard, or something.

I never insisted any such thing. Please, there is no need to lie unless you seek to bolster yourself for internet likes.

I said that I (who is not a landlord) is not required to abide by the same rules as someone else who is a landlord. You are free to disagree with reality I guess but that doesnt change that that statement is true.

I never insisted any such thing. Please, there is no need to lie unless you seek to bolster yourself for internet likes.

I said that I (who is not a landlord) is not required to abide by the same rules as someone else who is a landlord. You are free to disagree with reality I guess but that doesnt change that that statement is true.

Of course you insist and condone that property owners should forced by law to do things against their will.

Of course you insist and condone that property owners should forced by law to do things against their will.

You must mean you want me to feel that way but I dont. Again, no reason to lie....I'm just a guy on the internet

Ex-cons have it really hard when they've finished serving their time. I've worked with a lot of guys (and gals) who got out of prison and found the door being shut in their face for housing and for jobs. How they supposed to stay "clean" when they can't get a decent job or place to live? The federal government is one of the biggest discriminators, by the way. I think Obama's reason for this (that it's racist) is a stretch, and kind of dumb. But I do wish people would lighten up and give ex-con's a chance.

How many have you rented to, when and where? Be specific.

It's not even in the statutes nor is it law. It's a freaking threat from a lame duck president that Americans better rent their spare room to a freaking sex offender or risk the wrath of the federal government. It's similar to Hussein's screwball A.G. threatening Americans with arrest if they insulted a freaking Muslem. The administration has clearly gone crazy and the sooner Jan. 20 2017 comes along the better.

Ex-cons have it really hard when they've finished serving their time. I've worked with a lot of guys (and gals) who got out of prison and found the door being shut in their face for housing and for jobs. How they supposed to stay "clean" when they can't get a decent job or place to live?
I second this. When people get out, no matter why they were there in the first place, they have to go somewhere. If any of them change for the better, how can they show that they have changed if no one will give them the time of day?

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

Punish ex prisoners forever is what I alwasy say by gum
So you would put a rapist in a boarding room of a single woman's home? You'd put a child molester in a home of a family with children who offers boarding rooms? How about a Christian in the home of an atheist?

I suspect you'd only object to the last example.

Forum List

Back