Obama and his student loan claims

DiamondDave

Army Vet
Jun 30, 2008
MD, on the Potomac River
Does anyone else find his attempt to link with the 'common man' a bit off??

Basically, I guess he is trying to say he is the same as others and 'struggled' with things such as student loans

Obama: I only paid off my student loans eight years ago | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

But this seems a bit weird... supposedly he paid them all back just 8 years ago.. and struggled to do so... yet his salary history shows that even as far back as 2000, he was pulling in more than 240K per year... is he seriously trying to compare to a teacher making 40K trying to pay back 40K in student loans?? And if he was indeed struggling at 200+K a year, and admits it, why the fuck is he trying to increase burden on ones in the same boat my wanting to raise taxes on that very same group??

More hackery and pandering, if you ask me... and it has no basis in reality

He never even lived on mainland US until he was 18 and starting college. He hasn't a clue as to what the "common man" American experience is like.

Regardless, student loans are a major burden on college graduates today. starting out life with meager employment prospects and a major debt to pay is rough. And yes, both he President and his wife had to pay off significant debt. Law degrees do not come cheaply

He never even lived on mainland US until he was 18 and starting college. He hasn't a clue as to what the "common man" American experience is like.

"Mainland USA"?

What an elitist asshole you are

Regardless, student loans are a major burden on college graduates today. starting out life with meager employment prospects and a major debt to pay is rough. And yes, both he President and his wife had to pay off significant debt. Law degrees do not come cheaply

No one is forced to attend Harvard. There are cheaper routes to education that are affordable to almost anyone.

I am not saying loans are not a burden... but if you want an Ivy League schooling without a scholarship, that is a decision and a consequence you personally make...

But I think it is quite disingenuous for him to state that he may have 'struggled' paying off loans when making what he and ones in his camp consider being 'rich'

"Mainland USA"?

You know, the contiguous 48 states where the vast majority of the common American people live. I'm one of those common people. Obama the elitest asshole isn't. Idiot.

"Mainland USA"?

You know, the contiguous 48 states where the vast majority of the common American people live. I'm one of those common people. Obama is the elitest asshole isn't. Idiot.

the president is an elitist? but not the people who say it's their "turn"?

you're funny.

I am not saying loans are not a burden... but if you want an Ivy League schooling without a scholarship, that is a decision and a consequence you personally make...

But I think it is quite disingenuous for him to state that he may have 'struggled' paying off loans when making what he and ones in his camp consider being 'rich'

so only rich people should go to ivy league schools? is that what you're saying??

there should be two educational tiers?

so only rich people should go to ivy league schools? is that what you're saying??

there should be two educational tiers?

Did I say that?? No... What I am saying is that the choice of an expensive education is a personal one and not the concern of others... and that I fully do not believe his claims and consider what he was doing nothing more than disingenuous pandering.. when looking at reality, he was not in the same boat with the 'common folk' as he was trying to claim

Don't read any more into my statements than that, jill

So are car loans, mortgages and credit card debt.

Who is forced to take out any of these loans?

No one is forced to attend Harvard. There are cheaper routes to education that are affordable to almost anyone.

Sure....you can always ask Daddy to pay

Fake outrage alert.

No.. it is not fake when I bring up a slanted eyebrow when looking at what he was trying to claim... and when I see baseless and disingenuous pandering, I do tend to call it out...

I am not 'outraged' like when a hack such as TDM tries to claim the entire REP party as racist

So? They made the choice and they were rewarded. I struggled for many years and was just laid off and am struggling again. It's life, pay it, get over it.

BULLSHIT

Being able to find a fucking job is the burden.

So are car loans, mortgages and credit card debt.

Who is forced to take out any of these loans?

Those who are not independently wealthy

Forum List

Back