Obama announces debt deal--GOP/Tea Party members WIN big!

HALF of the so-called tea party in the House voted for this bill. That's the 'big victory' being talked about here.

All the tea partiers voted against it. The opportunistic ones who wanted to gain the marketing but who don't really believe in liberty just identified themselves.

The pure TeaPots are dangerously wrong, so they must go. The opportunists should go, too, but I imagine that Boehner scared the holy joe out of them.

I see Obama wants the taxes increased already. Is he going to wait until 2014, like most of the spending cuts?

I see Obama wants the taxes increased already. Is he going to wait until 2014, like most of the spending cuts?

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't the Bush cuts elapse on the first day of 2013. If so, if Obama wins in 2012, he will cut his tax cuts because he will block any extension, particularly if he is a minority president (ha ha).

According to the president, the deal means an immediate cut of $1 trillion over a 10-year period, followed by the creation of a committee to come up with additional cuts worth $1.5 trillion to be voted on by the end of the year.

An immediate cut of 1Trillion over 10 years? cutting 1 Trillion over ten years is not immediate, and it's definitely not a cut if they spend more in the next ten years then they are cutting.

Each chamber will nominate lawmakers to the committee to report back in the fall. Tax hikes are not part of the package and a pledge for a Balanced Budget Amendment vote is.
Obama said everything will be on the table and both parties will find some of the cuts objectionable.

A pledge for a balanced budget? Just like the pledge to post a bill online 72 hours before allowing it to be voted on which didn't happen with this debt bill? What happened to that pledge Mr. House speaker? Your ass is gone next election cycle also Johnny boy.

what a bunch of fucking pussies.
How can Obama be a tyrant when he fucking caves to these morons everytime?

despite the medias best efforts to spin it, he has his own internal polling, he wants to be re-elected and hes never had a real conviction hes willing to go to the wall for in his whole life, hes a 'mediator' not a leader.

Obama got the one major thing that he wanted and it will get him re-elected. Raising the debt limit is off the table until Jan 2013. That is not caving, that is looking out for number one!

The BBA is dead in each chamber. They will vote, and the BBA will fail.

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't the Bush cuts elapse on the first day of 2013. If so, if Obama wins in 2012, he will cut his tax cuts because he will block any extension, particularly if he is a minority president (ha ha).

Elapse?

Ok.

I corrected you, idiot.

Oh yes, no real spending cuts or balanced budget amendment. Taxes to be increased. The perfect storm for a decade of a failing economy. Obama's legacy as the worst President since Carter is firmly in place.

Knowing that the GOP and tea party only controls 1 house out of the 3 legislative branches--it's really sureal. Balanced budget vote in the amendment.

There's only one legislative branch, not three. The Office of the President is part of the executive branch, and is not a chamber in the legislative.

That was a good catch. What is a fact is that the House of Representatives is only 1 of 3 co-equal branches of government. And the 'tea party' does not control the House.

The President is part of the legislative process in that he submits a budget to them and has a veto over any and all legislation that they pass.

Oh yes, no real spending cuts or balanced budget amendment. Taxes to be increased. The perfect storm for a decade of a failing economy. Obama's legacy as the worst President since Carter is firmly in place.

If he beats either Perry or Romney, the only two GOP names right now who can possibly run even with him, your hero may have an opportunity to change your mind.

Knowing that the GOP and tea party only controls 1 house out of the 3 legislative branches--it's really sureal. Balanced budget vote in the amendment.

There's only one legislative branch, not three. The Office of the President is part of the executive branch, and is not a chamber in the legislative.

That was a good catch. What is a fact is that the House of Representatives is only 1 of 3 co-equal branches of government. And the 'tea party' does not control the House.

The President is part of the legislative process in that he submits a budget to them and has a veto over any and all legislation that they pass.
No, the President is not part of the legislative branch. His power to veto is a check on the legislative branch. Line-item veto was declared unconstitutional because such vetos gave legislative power to the president. Saying no to a law is not an act of legislating, it is an executive power. The president is not part of the legislative branch at all, period.

According to the president, the deal means an immediate cut of $1 trillion over a 10-year period, followed by the creation of a committee to come up with additional cuts worth $1.5 trillion to be voted on by the end of the year.

An immediate cut of 1Trillion over 10 years? cutting 1 Trillion over ten years is not immediate, and it's definitely not a cut if they spend more in the next ten years then they are cutting.

Each chamber will nominate lawmakers to the committee to report back in the fall. Tax hikes are not part of the package and a pledge for a Balanced Budget Amendment vote is.
Obama said everything will be on the table and both parties will find some of the cuts objectionable.

A pledge for a balanced budget? Just like the pledge to post a bill online 72 hours before allowing it to be voted on which didn't happen with this debt bill? What happened to that pledge Mr. House speaker? Your ass is gone next election cycle also Johnny boy.

Well said grunt11b! I'm completely disgusted that Boehner caved to the radical left-wing nuts in Washington. Fascist Reid wouldn't even allow a vote on the bills that passed the House. The fact that he's allowing a vote on this shows you he got everything the little fascist wanted and more. Additionally, this is now the third bill that Boehner sent to the floor without being posted on line and without the 72 hours he pledged to allow congress to read the bill. And "crisis" is a pure bullshit excuse. Here we are August 2nd and the sky has not fallen. A couple of days more would not have made a bit of difference. This was all done to hide the facts of the bill, just like the world's #1 idiot Nancy Pelosi used to do...

This government is so out of control thanks to the Dumbocrats. It's spending itself into complete collapse at the same time abusing powers it does not have. I cannot imagine a more irresponsible government than the one we have right now. But I guess that's what happens when you elect an unqualified community organizer to the white house.

If he beats either Perry or Romney, the only two GOP names right now who can possibly run even with him, your hero may have an opportunity to change your mind.

Check history. Obama was barely on the radar at this point last cycle. How quickly you forget much of Obama's base came from anybody but Bush voters. Obama will be in the same position. Anybody but Obama.

Capitalism regulates wage - unions demand wage and capitalism cannot compensate for that.

You may as well shoot yourself in the foot..

Why the fuck do you believe corporations outsource? because they cant afford the demands...

Its not right that some who at least will work for those wages are denied the opportunity because unions make unrealistic demands.......

Unions remind me of bank robbers... "yeah give me a pizza the size of Texas on top of my 290,000 wage demand...." .... "but you only put shit in a box all day....." ... "I don't care, you have more than I do..."

Insanity....

Go tell it to an auto worker having to compete with "american" made cars from Mexico.

Maybe you can ignore all those record profits for companies intent on firing their labor force because they know they can get away with hiring an Indian without reprisal from the same America it bleeds like a tick.

WHY do they outsource? because they can get away with it and it bloats their own income. end of story.

Want sweat shop labor? Move your ass, AND your company, to China. Go thrive on them for a while and see how long it takes to miss the nation you take for granted.

I can see why your kind are called scabs.

You ever hear the phrase "don't bite the hand that feeds you?"

Outsourcing is the result of that.

A job isn't a right dummy... Idiots don't have the right to 29.95 an hour doing remedial work.

Besides I thought you progressives cared about the starving people in other countries? why would would you be angered that Americans are giving poor brown people jobs??? you racist or something???

I suppose it beats having millions of illegals coming here having babies and putting their hands out demanding social welfare...

At least the we're stopping that bullshit by offering jobs in Mexico.

Outstanding post Mr. Nick. The hypocrisy of the left is never ending! The left is racist - they hate other countries so they want to make sure other countries don't have any jobs! Evil, racist dumbocrats!

I'm confident that if they hold the vote off until after 2012, and conservatives win both chambers and the white house, it will pass.

The GOP has no idea what they're doing as a whole when it comes to the Balanced Budget Amendment. Doesn't help that a large part of their party thinks the budget can be balanced by cutting waste, NPR, and foreign aid. If a lot of "Conservatives" realized the full implications of what the Balanced Budget Amendment entails, they likely wouldn't support it.

It goes much further than the Ryan plan (which helped Republicans lose a extremely red district) and none of Reagan's budgets would have been constitutional under it.

I still stand by the fact that 49 states have some form of a Balanced Budget Amendment and a ton of them are in deep trouble even with the help of the Federal Government. Without the Feds, several states would likely be completely bankrupt at this point. This doesn't even include the ones like Texas which are "balancing" their budgets through accounting measures. If the BBA was the magical solution that some of it's proponents are saying it is, we wouldn't be having these problems.

I'm confident that if they hold the vote off until after 2012, and conservatives win both chambers and the white house, it will pass.

They can't do that. The legislation calls for the vote before December 31st of this year, as part of the trigger.

But they could bring it back up for a vote down the road also though.

Forum List

Back