Obama approves of same sex marriage

This thread made possible by the "Flip-Flopper-in-chief". and of course good ole foot-in-mouth-Joe. This just keeps getting funnier. :lol:

What!? I thought he did that the minute he decided to run in 2007.

Let's revisit 2007,
Barack Obama said:
I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman.
Here is the video where he says that,
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJhQBZ1La0w]Obama @ Saddleback Church -Defines Marriage - YouTube[/ame]

I have nothing but respect for the man. Talk about being true to your convictions. He made this announcement in an election year, six months before we vote. Knowing what it could cost him. NOTHING but admiration and respect, Mr. President. Thank you.
His "convictions" seem to be different than what he told us in 2007 (an election year that you seem to have forgotten facts about).

Now then, today he also did say something about believing it was up to the states to decide that issue of homosexual marriage. It's nice to see him finally acknowledging states rights as per the US Constitution.
I'm not sure I believe that is truly a "conviction" he has though, based upon his previous actions.
uhhhh....uhhhhh....uhhhh....uhhhhhh....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good for Obama.

Now everyone, let's join the 21st century.

I would agree if you if he had one it earlier--any time up until today in fact in the glow of this incredibly moronic move by NC; Today it looks like political opportunism. Good move but for the wrong reasons.

It's a stupid move on obama's part he may lose his black base over this. since a large majority of blacks disapprove of gay marriages.
Then that makes it a courageous move by President Obama, showing strong leadership to do the right thing, no matter what the polls say.

here's the thanks Obama got for "evolving"

SNIP:
Gay group starts petition to force Dems to move convention out of NC
By Neil Munro - The Daily Caller | The Daily Caller – A gay advocacy group is trying to rally sympathizers to help shift the Democrats’ trouble-plagued convention from North Carolina to another state.

The group, Gay Marriage USA, launched a petition on change.org immediately after the state’s voters overwhelmingly decided May 8 to define marriage as a heterosexual institution.

all of it here.
Gay group starts petition to force Dems to move convention out of NC - Yahoo! News

But they can't GET said license, therefore.

Pretty sad when you have to twist semantics to make your case. "Oh, none of us has a right to get married." Bullshit, what with all of us getting married, n'all.
Tough fucking shit....There's still no right to a license.

Nobody is stopping anyone from drawing up their own common law marriage contracts.
Will a hospital accept that when it comes to visitation rights?

Will the IRS accept that when it comes to tax benefits for married couples?

This is the problem with Libertarians: they never think things through to their conclusion, and their ideas always hit brick walls.

I would agree if you if he had one it earlier--any time up until today in fact in the glow of this incredibly moronic move by NC; Today it looks like political opportunism. Good move but for the wrong reasons.

It's a stupid move on obama's part he may lose his black base over this. since a large majority of blacks disapprove of gay marriages.
Then that makes it a courageous move by President Obama, showing strong leadership to do the right thing, no matter what the polls say.

LOL, courageous..to endorse something he was against until yesterday..

If this is a dupe, my apologies, I'm not wading through all that's gone before:

"It is good to see that after intense political pressure that President Obama has finally come around to the Dick Cheney position on marriage equality." - Hit & Run : Reason.com

"It is good to see that after intense political pressure that President Obama has finally come around to the Dick Cheney position on marriage equality."

Mike Riggs | May 9, 2012

GOProud's Chris Barron reacts to Barack Obama's late and somewhat tepid support for marriage equality:

"It is good to see that after intense political pressure that President Obama has finally come around to the Dick Cheney position onmarriage equality. I am sure, however, the President’s newly discovered support for marriage is cold comfort to the gay couples in North Carolina. The President waited until after North Carolina passed a constitutional amendment banningsame-sex marriage."

"This is hardly a profile in courage by President Obama. For years now, President Obama has tried his hardest to have it both ways on this issue.

"The real kudos here goes to LGBT activists and their allies who finally forced the President into yielding on this issue."​

Zing.

Pretty sad when you have to twist semantics to make your case. "Oh, none of us has a right to get married." Bullshit, what with all of us getting married, n'all.

I did not bitch and whine when Massachusetts legalize gay marriage in it's state? It's time for you idiots to shut the fuck up and leave North Carolina alone.

LeaveBritneyAlone.jpg

Nobody is stopping anyone from drawing up their own common law marriage contracts.
Will a hospital accept that when it comes to visitation rights?

Will the IRS accept that when it comes to tax benefits for married couples?

This is the problem with Libertarians: they never think things through to their conclusion, and their ideas always hit brick walls.
Never heard of a little thing called "power of attorney" have you?

This is the problem with lolberals: they think all that's good and righteous comes from the bosom of some faceless state bureaucrat.

Right, and no one is stopping them from marrying people of the opposite sex.....:cuckoo:

And you call yourself a libertarian

Only when it's convenient. He's a 'Cafeteria Libertarian'.

Except, he was reactive, not proactive. Leaders are procative. It's not like this state amendment was a surprise. I see zero leadership.

Right, and no one is stopping them from marrying people of the opposite sex.....:cuckoo:

And you call yourself a libertarian.
Nobody is stopping them

Anyone who believes that they are being stopped from drawing up their own completely legal marriage contracts and powers of attorney is stupid, intellectually lazy, a political panderer, or just someone who complains to hear themselves complain....Which pretty much covers the full spectrum of lolberals.

If this is a dupe, my apologies, I'm not wading through all that's gone before:

"It is good to see that after intense political pressure that President Obama has finally come around to the Dick Cheney position on marriage equality." - Hit & Run : Reason.com

"It is good to see that after intense political pressure that President Obama has finally come around to the Dick Cheney position on marriage equality."

Mike Riggs | May 9, 2012

GOProud's Chris Barron reacts to Barack Obama's late and somewhat tepid support for marriage equality:

"It is good to see that after intense political pressure that President Obama has finally come around to the Dick Cheney position onmarriage equality. I am sure, however, the President’s newly discovered support for marriage is cold comfort to the gay couples in North Carolina. The President waited until after North Carolina passed a constitutional amendment banningsame-sex marriage."

"This is hardly a profile in courage by President Obama. For years now, President Obama has tried his hardest to have it both ways on this issue.

"The real kudos here goes to LGBT activists and their allies who finally forced the President into yielding on this issue."​

Zing.
And yet, some here seem to think it was leadership on Mr Obama's part. :lol::lol::lol:

Good for Obama.

Now everyone, let's join the 21st century.

If Gays are born Gay , are Pedophiles born that way to

Yes let's do.

Yes, pedophiles are born that way.

The difference is that homosexuals enter a freely consensual relationship - remember, conservatives are for freedom - whereas children are not fully cognitively and emotionally developed and pedophiles use a power relationship to force their sexual desires on an unwanted situation.

Homosexuality doesn't harm anyone, pedophilia does. That's the difference.

There again, I don't think the Hispanics are going to vote for Romney either.

What does Romney offer them? Hell, what does Romney offer any of us? To me, I see more of the same.

I'm not voting for either one of them. I will no longer choose the lesser of two evils.

Immie

Probably not in droves, when he wants them to self-deport, and has said he would not sign the Dream Act. But I know some older Mexicans who own businesses, with all their relatives already here in the U.S., who are conservative, and who also don't want regulations of any sort on their business, because they come from a culture of no regulations.
And you are correct: Bishop Romney has nothing to offer any of us. Hell, he doesn't even pass the "guy I'd like to have a beer with" test. That is, if his cult allowed him to drink...which it doesn't. :)

Same thing as before... were these Hispanic business leaders (and their families) going to vote for Obama before and did this announcement change their vote? I doubt it.

Immie
I don't know. They are going to have to weigh their conservative, Catholic values and wants against their desire to not see their fellow Hispanics be discriminated against by Rightwingers.

What!? I thought he did that the minute he decided to run in 2007.

Let's revisit 2007,

Here is the video where he says that,
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJhQBZ1La0w]Obama @ Saddleback Church -Defines Marriage - YouTube[/ame]

I have nothing but respect for the man. Talk about being true to your convictions. He made this announcement in an election year, six months before we vote. Knowing what it could cost him. NOTHING but admiration and respect, Mr. President. Thank you.
His "convictions" seem to be different than what he told us in 2007 (an election year that you seem to have forgotten facts about).

Now then, today he also did say something about believing it was up to the states to decide that issue of homosexual marriage. It's nice to see him finally acknowledging states rights as per the US Constitution.
I'm not sure I believe that is truly a "conviction" he has though, based upon his previous actions.
uhhhh....uhhhhh....uhhhh....uhhhhhh....:lol: :lol: :lol:
I believe he said in the interview that events of the last few years has changed his mind. I suppose that's a flip flop, but as Emerson said, "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers ..."

Forum List

Back