Obama approves of same sex marriage

Obama tells Robin Roberts of ABC.

I love how 75,000,000 people laughing at him and pointing fingers freshens up his vagueness.

If it matters he doesn't. Obama is a psychopath that is obsessed with his own image, and will say whatever he believes his voting base wants to hear...

I'm sure he asked: "what is the correct answer to this question Team Obama?" then they number crunched and came to a conclusion after 3 days...

Are there more white progressives or black conservative Baptists???

ummmmmm

75 million? You got evidence of that?

What health insurance benefits are you talking about?

Mostly company provided benefits i.e. the right to insure your "loved one" under your company provide benefits package. Some companies such as Disney I believe allow it but the vast majority do not.

Of course, if the God-forsaken ACA is not overturned none of that will matter.

Immie
I edited my post to be more clear, scroll up and read it.
Company provided heath insurance is not a right.

I thought about that after I put it in. Its too late to change it, but you are right, it is not a right.

Can I revise my statement now?

I do still believe there are rights given to married couples that are not extended to homosexual couples.

My feelings about homosexuality aside, I do not believe the U.S. Government should involve itself in religious concepts such as judgment of sin nor do I believe that the U.S Government should play favorites among citizens. Under U.S. law my homosexual neighbor should have the same rights that I have and I don't really care if the only right they don't have is the right to have a legal document that states they are a legally "married" couple.

Immie

FAIL. A power of attorney will not get you the marriage tax break or hospital visitation that is only recognized for spouses.
Then that hospital is violating right to contract....Holy case law has already sorted out that one.

And single hetero people, like myself, don't get the same tax breaks that married hetero couples do, and you don't hear me sniveling, do you?

And there is a big lawsuit in Florida over that very issue. That being said...poor family STILL did now see the last living moments of their mother/wife.
Shitty things happen to good people all the time....That's the reason we have courts.

Never heard of a little thing called "power of attorney" have you?

This is the problem with lolberals: they think all that's good and righteous comes from the bosom of some faceless state bureaucrat.
FAIL. A power of attorney will not get you the marriage tax break or hospital visitation that is only recognized for spouses.
Then that hospital is violating right to contract....Holy case law has already sorted out that one.

And single hetero people, like myself, don't get the same tax breaks that married hetero couples do, and you don't hear me sniveling, do you?

when you inherit from your spouse, you are exempt from estate taxes. that can't be fixed by contract.

when you are married and get divorced after 10 or more years, you are entitled to 1/2 of your spouse's social security benefits. that cannot be fixed by contract.

that's just off the top of my head.

but more importantly separate but equal is not equal.

I believe he said in the interview that events of the last few years has changed his mind. I suppose that's a flip flop, but as Emerson said, "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers ..."
Yes, he did say that. Do you believe that? Or do you think he was either pandering then or now?
I think he changed his mind. You know people do that, particular those with any intelligence.

First of all, I said nothing about a flip-flop, so back off on that insinuation.

It has nothing to do with intelligence unless you are talking about the intelligence of people that can see through the pandering for votes.

when you inherit from your spouse, you are exempt from estate taxes. that can't be fixed by contract.

when you are married and get divorced after 10 or more years, you are entitled to 1/2 of your spouse's social security benefits. that cannot be fixed by contract.

Never hear of trusts, have you?

There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Maybe those fucked up laws need to be fixed, instead of adding more fucked up laws.

Mostly company provided benefits i.e. the right to insure your "loved one" under your company provide benefits package. Some companies such as Disney I believe allow it but the vast majority do not.

Of course, if the God-forsaken ACA is not overturned none of that will matter.

Immie

I thought about that after I put it in. Its too late to change it, but you are right, it is not a right.

I do still believe there are rights given to married couples that are not extended to homosexual couples.

My feelings about homosexuality aside, I do not believe the U.S. Government should involve itself in religious concepts such as judgment of sin nor do I believe that the U.S Government should play favorites among citizens. Under U.S. law my homosexual neighbor should have the same rights that I have and I don't really care if the only right they don't have is the right to have a legal document that states they are a legally "married" couple.

Immie
And I don't think the government should be involved in marriage one iota. It's none of their damn business, heterosexual or homosexual.

Maybe those fucked up laws need to be fixed, instead of adding more fucked up laws.
It's not just that....We've finally cut to the nut of the matter here...

In the end, it's not about rights but privileges and benefits extended by third parties.

It's the star-belly Sneeches come to life.

Trusts cost money to set up and to maintain. And again, as CCJ stated (I can't believe I am publicly agreeing with him) having ways around the issue is not the same thing as equal rights. Yeah, I know that was not a direct quote, but if suffices. I don't want to scroll back and find it.

Immie

In the end, it's not about rights but privileges and benefits extended by third parties.

i don't know what that means.

marriage has always been about property rights.

look up the words dower and courtesy.

Trusts cost money to set up and to maintain. And again, as CCJ stated (I can't believe I am publicly agreeing with him) having ways around the issue is not the same thing as equal rights. Yeah, I know that was not a direct quote, but if suffices. I don't want to scroll back and find it.

Immie
Waaa....Protecting your ass costs money.

What else is new?

again, we do not have two classes of citizens in this country. forcing one group to jump through hoops while handing another group certain rights is not equal.

Dower and courtesy are irrelevant to tax breaks and employee benefits extended by third parties.

Motion to misdirect and change the subject: Denied!

Immie
And I don't think the government should be involved in marriage one iota. It's none of their damn business, heterosexual or homosexual.

I agree, that is why I have supported the idea of "civil unions" for so long. We are not going to get the government out of the business because of the revenue production, but they should have nothing at all to do with the religious institution of marriage.

Immie

OTOH, this is an interesting question....

Who is claiming whom as "property" upon the issuance of a state marriage license, hmmmmmmmmm?

Yes, he did say that. Do you believe that? Or do you think he was either pandering then or now?
I think he changed his mind. You know people do that, particular those with any intelligence.

First of all, I said nothing about a flip-flop, so back off on that insinuation.

It has nothing to do with intelligence unless you are talking about the intelligence of people that can see through the pandering for votes.
Changing your opinion has everything to do with intelligence.

Forum List

Back