Obama approves of same sex marriage

Tough fucking shit....There's still no right to a license.

Nobody is stopping anyone from drawing up their own common law marriage contracts.

Right, and no one is stopping them from marrying people of the opposite sex.....:cuckoo:

And you call yourself a libertarian.
Nobody is stopping them

Anyone who believes that they are being stopped from drawing up their own completely legal marriage contracts and powers of attorney is stupid, intellectually lazy, a political panderer, or just someone who complains to hear themselves complain....Which pretty much covers the full spectrum of lolberals.

Except that their contract means nothing when you are talking about certain rights granted to straight married couples such as the right to visit their loved ones in the hospital, filing married income tax returns if it suits them, health insurance benefits etc.

Immie

You want gays you can all of them

If Gays are born Gay , are Pedophiles born that way to

What time did you start drinking this morning, Rebecca?

Actually there is some research that seems to indicate that pedophiles have that desire. Same with serial killers and others.

To start drinking in the morning? I just knew that Rebecca was a potential danger to society!

Tough fucking shit....There's still no right to a license.

Nobody is stopping anyone from drawing up their own common law marriage contracts.
Will a hospital accept that when it comes to visitation rights?

Will the IRS accept that when it comes to tax benefits for married couples?

This is the problem with Libertarians: they never think things through to their conclusion, and their ideas always hit brick walls.
Never heard of a little thing called "power of attorney" have you?

This is the problem with lolberals: they think all that's good and righteous comes from the bosom of some faceless state bureaucrat.
FAIL. A power of attorney will not get you the marriage tax break or hospital visitation that is only recognized for spouses.

Will a hospital accept that when it comes to visitation rights?

Will the IRS accept that when it comes to tax benefits for married couples?

This is the problem with Libertarians: they never think things through to their conclusion, and their ideas always hit brick walls.

This is the problem with lolberals: they think all that's good and righteous comes from the bosom of some faceless state bureaucrat.
FAIL. A power of attorney will not get you the marriage tax break or hospital visitation that is only recognized for spouses.
Then that hospital is violating right to contract....Holy case law has already sorted out that one.

And single hetero people, like myself, don't get the same tax breaks that married hetero couples do, and you don't hear me sniveling, do you?

Then that hospital is violating right to contract....Holy case law has already sorted out that one.

And single hetero people, like myself, don't get the same tax breaks that married hetero couples do, and you don't hear me sniveling, do you?
^^^^

That's Oddball conceding the point, as graciously as he is able.

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

Let's revisit 2007,

Here is the video where he says that,
Obama @ Saddleback Church -Defines Marriage - YouTube

His "convictions" seem to be different than what he told us in 2007 (an election year that you seem to have forgotten facts about).

Now then, today he also did say something about believing it was up to the states to decide that issue of homosexual marriage. It's nice to see him finally acknowledging states rights as per the US Constitution.
I'm not sure I believe that is truly a "conviction" he has though, based upon his previous actions.
uhhhh....uhhhhh....uhhhh....uhhhhhh....:lol: :lol: :lol:
I believe he said in the interview that events of the last few years has changed his mind. I suppose that's a flip flop, but as Emerson said, "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers ..."
Yes, he did say that. Do you believe that? Or do you think he was either pandering then or now?

^^^^

That's Oddball conceding the point, as graciously as he is able.

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif
Waaaa....Poofs don't get the same tax privileges that single heteros don't get....I'm fucking bleeding.

Right, and no one is stopping them from marrying people of the opposite sex.....:cuckoo:

Nobody is stopping them

Anyone who believes that they are being stopped from drawing up their own completely legal marriage contracts and powers of attorney is stupid, intellectually lazy, a political panderer, or just someone who complains to hear themselves complain....Which pretty much covers the full spectrum of lolberals.

Except that their contract means nothing when you are talking about certain rights granted to straight married couples such as the right to visit their loved ones in the hospital, filing married income tax returns if it suits them, health insurance benefits etc.

Immie

Untrue. Just sign over power of medical attorney. Same as parents to kids.

Nobody is stopping them

Immie

What health insurance benefits are you talking about?
Prior to Obamacare, companies were not required to provide any health insurance benefits to anybody, thus spousal or homosexual heath insurance benefits were strictly up to the company. It's not a fucking right to have your employer provide health insurance benefits.

Well..well. It seems Obama is doing his best to rob his campaign of fodder against Romney. Now when people say Romney carried his dog on the roof, the automatic response is, "Well at least he didn't eat him." and when people say Romney changes his mind on issues the new go to response will be.. "Obama was against gay marriage before he was for it." Don't you love the politics of equivocation? :lol::lol::lol:

Nobody is stopping them

Immie

That some sort of contract or agreement can be contrived is not the issue; the issue is equal access to marriage laws, unchanged and exactly as they apply to opposite-sex couples. This is merely a variation of the failed ‘separate but equal’ argument used in support of segregation.

Nobody is stopping them

Immie

Mostly company provided benefits i.e. the right to insure your "loved one" under your company provide benefits package. Some companies such as Disney I believe allow it but the vast majority do not.

Of course, if the God-forsaken ACA is not overturned none of that will matter.

Immie

Last edited:

Immie

Mostly company provided benefits i.e. the right to insure your "loved one" under your company provide benefits package. Some companies such as Disney I believe allow it but the vast majority do not.

Of course, if the God-forsaken ACA is not overturned none of that will matter.

Immie
I edited my post to be more clear, scroll up and read it.
Company provided heath insurance is not a right.

uhhhh....uhhhhh....uhhhh....uhhhhhh....:lol: :lol: :lol:
I believe he said in the interview that events of the last few years has changed his mind. I suppose that's a flip flop, but as Emerson said, "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers ..."
Yes, he did say that. Do you believe that? Or do you think he was either pandering then or now?
I think he changed his mind. You know people do that, particular those with any intelligence.

Immie

That some sort of contract or agreement can be contrived is not the issue; the issue is equal access to marriage laws, unchanged and exactly as they apply to opposite-sex couples. This is merely a variation of the failed ‘separate but equal’ argument used in support of segregation.
Sorry, Skippy, your holy case law already sorted that one out, and your side lost.

Sucks to be you.

Sorry, Skippy, your holy case law already sorted that one out, and your side lost.

Sucks to be you.

actually, chico, it sucks to be you.

i'm wondering how you would define equal protection under the law absent caselaw.

in the meantime, you might want to read Loving v Virginia

Obama tells Robin Roberts of ABC.

I love how 75,000,000 people laughing at him and pointing fingers freshens up his vagueness.

If it matters he doesn't. Obama is a psychopath that is obsessed with his own image, and will say whatever he believes his voting base wants to hear...

I'm sure he asked: "what is the correct answer to this question Team Obama?" then they number crunched and came to a conclusion after 3 days...

Are there more white progressives or black conservative Baptists???

ummmmmm

And there is a big lawsuit in Florida over that very issue. That being said...poor family STILL did now see the last living moments of their mother/wife.

Forum List

Back