Obama/Democrats will create jobs if NO Keystone built... here is how..

So we now agree that IF 1 million barrels of oil are in one tanker traveling one mile there is more of a chance and a greater risk of damage without Keystone?

The Valdez spill was caused by a course plotting error by a crew member.
Yup.. and there are NO course plotting errors with pipeline..PLUS less then 700 barrels in one mile of pipeline.

Idiot. Are you claiming you can't run aground with a tanker between New Orleans and China?

What is wrong with you?
Never said that wouldn't happen. But I'd rather risk it happening in the Gulf of Mexico with calmer weather, or in the Southern Pacific where IT would NOT have any affect on the USA coast line... BUT where did Exxon Valdez happen? Not in the Gulf ! Point is which is the lesser of two evils!
Never NEVER said there wasn't a risk... I'm a realist! Which is the greater risk is what I'm stating and that obviously goes WAY WAY over your head!

What are you talking about?

Kinder Morgan already has Trans Mountain to the BC coast from Alberta. And they are looking to expand.

Steyer the bullshit "green billionaire" as far as I know has not divested himself of his fossil fuel investments in Kinder Morgan and he stands to gain if the Northern Gateway is blocked.

Is it big enough to supply ships bound for China?

So we now agree that IF 1 million barrels of oil are in one tanker traveling one mile there is more of a chance and a greater risk of damage without Keystone?

The entire reason for Keystone is export to China.
No question ! Which would you prefer 1 million barrels traveling 1 mile in the Northern Pacific that gave us Exxon Valdez.. or
700 barrels traveling one mile on dry land?
That is so f...king simple it describes your mind! SIMPLE!!!
Why is there ANY question? Do YOU NOT comprehend the risks of 1 million barrels traveling one mile in the North Pacific???

And right there you are wrong. More oil from the Americas means less demand for OPEC's. Guess what happens to the price when desperate suppliers need - and OPEC nations desperately need - to sell their oil? Even if the only benefit was to fuck OPEC where the sun don't shine, I'd go build that pipeline with my own two hands.
And how does that help us when gas prices here go up when the oil refineries in Ohio, Illinois, etc are no longer getting oil?

OMG. Where on earth did you get the idea that mid west refineries will no longer be getting Canadian crude?

Trans Canada didn't just build pipelines to the mid west only to redirect crude ONLY to the Gulf.

That's crazy shit right there.

They won't get it at a discount. Canada wants the pipeline to increase access to world oil market prices.
And you don't think that as part of the deal the US will still get favorable treatment?

Canadian Oil Discount Seen Shrinking on U.S. Re-Exports - Bloomberg
Shrinking but will it be gone?

And if they ship all of it out of country what makes you think we'll still be getting a discount?

I have no problem paying market prices if it means jobs.

The question is why do you?

No question ! Which would you prefer 1 million barrels traveling 1 mile in the Northern Pacific that gave us Exxon Valdez.. or
700 barrels traveling one mile on dry land?
That is so f...king simple it describes your mind! SIMPLE!!!
Why is there ANY question? Do YOU NOT comprehend the risks of 1 million barrels traveling one mile in the North Pacific???

Hello dumb ass!!!! Keystone oil is going to Texas, getting loaded on ships and transported to China. Gulf coast, pacific northwest, what does it matter?

And right there you are wrong. More oil from the Americas means less demand for OPEC's. Guess what happens to the price when desperate suppliers need - and OPEC nations desperately need - to sell their oil? Even if the only benefit was to fuck OPEC where the sun don't shine, I'd go build that pipeline with my own two hands.
And how does that help us when gas prices here go up when the oil refineries in Ohio, Illinois, etc are no longer getting oil?

OMG. Where on earth did you get the idea that mid west refineries will no longer be getting Canadian crude?

Trans Canada didn't just build pipelines to the mid west only to redirect crude ONLY to the Gulf.

They won't get it at a discount. Canada wants the pipeline to increase access to world oil market prices.

And you don't think that as part of the deal the US will still get favorable treatment?

You should actually read what you post. That article specifically states that Canadian oil exported to the US may be re-exported (then again, maybe not), meaning once it's here, it's ours. The article also states that we may use it to replace other imports from Mexico, Venezuela and elsewhere. The increased supply has already driven the global price down significantly. You do understand why, right?
This was lifted from your article:
"Once Canadian crude gets to the Gulf Coast, it might redirect waterborne imports to other parts of the world instead of being re-exported, said Andy Lipow, president of Lipow Oil Associates LLC in Houston. The Gulf Coast imported 4.2 million barrels of crude a day by tanker last week, most of which is heavy oil.
Most of the increase in production is going to be WCS-type barrels, which is what refiners on the Gulf Coast want,” Lipow said. “The first thing that increased Canadian production would compete with is Mexican and Venezuelan crude, which can go elsewhere.”

And if they ship all of it out of country what makes you think we'll still be getting a discount?

As long as market forces continue to set the global price for oil (and not a cartel like OPEC) we are guaranteed a fairer deal at the pump. It's a win-win ... we get real market prices and OPEC nations (including Venezuela) get it where the sun don't sun.
:2up:

It is simple. No Keystone means 1 million barrels by tanker to China.

So you admit the end product is destined for China, and that therefore the pipeline benefits nobody but Big Oil's operation.

You'd be amazed how many of your fellow travelers just don't seem to get that. Why don't you stop in and set them straight.

I know you're not stupid, Pogo, so I'm giving you 5 minutes to delete that silliness (and I will delete this response) before I help you make a complete jackass of yourself.

Why in the hell would I do that? I nailed the ass of this double standard hypocrisy to the wall, and on that wall it stays.

You're "giving me 5 minutes"? Who the fuck do you think you ARE, dood?? :fu:

And do not edit my posts.
BECAUSE YOU DUMB F...K I've been writing about HOW NOT building the pipeline MEANS YOU DUMB F...K shipping 1 million barrels on the Open ocean regardless to CHINA what ever! BUT The point is DUMMY 1 million barrels on the OPEN OCEAN versus 700 barrels traveling one mile on dry land!
BUT you f...king DUMMIES can't seem to do simple math...i.e. Which is a bigger number 1 million barrels traveling 1 mile on the open ocean or
700 barrels traveling 1 mile on DRY LAND?

No shit Sherlock -- that's what I've been saying the entire time, even before I joined this site. And you just backed me up with your OP.

English is hard, huh? :itsok:

As long as market forces continue to set the global price for oil (and not a cartel like OPEC) we are guaranteed a fairer deal at the pump. It's a win-win ... we get real market prices and OPEC nations (including Venezuela) get it where the sun don't sun.

Maybe if you click your heels together three times and wish really hard you can make OPEC disappear.
Or do it your way -- goose-step up to them and "give them five minutes".

Let us know how that works out....

Maybe if you click your heels together three times and wish really hard you can make OPEC disappear.

I much prefer to have market forces drive them to irrelevance. The most common phrase in the new oil world is "Oil sinks to 4 year low" as supplies continue to significantly outstrip demand. Meanwhile North American production continues to expand rapidly. OPEC nations that depend on oil sales to "fuel" their economies can't afford to cut production. As such it is unlikely they will agree on production cuts and even less likely that they would abide by any agreed to. Do these oil price cuts disturb you? :biggrin:
Oil Near 4-Year Low as OPEC Seen Resisting Cutting Output - Bloomberg

I much prefer to have market forces drive them to irrelevance. The most common phrase in the new oil world is "Oil sinks to 4 year low" as supplies continue to significantly outstrip demand. Meanwhile North American production continues to expand rapidly. OPEC nations that depend on oil sales to "fuel" their economies can't afford to cut production. As such it is unlikely they will agree on production cuts and even less likely that they would abide by any agreed to. Do these oil price cuts disturb you? :biggrin:

North American production is expensive. Oil at 50 bucks a barrel or less would all but shut down North American production.

A perfect of why Gowdy called GOP voters stupid!!!!
Whether there is a Keystone XL or not, the Oil products will be sent BY TANKER to China, either from the West Coast of Canada to China or the Gulf Coast of the USA to China.

This idiot has been posting this same BS for as long as the KXL has been debated and been told the oil will travel by TANKER no matter what and still he is so stupid he hasn't gotten it yet!!!!

This is why it is said that the Right is so slow!

North American production is expensive. Oil at 50 bucks a barrel or less would all but shut down North American production.
Fracking and off shore production at least.

On shore production costs are a little over $30 a barrel, so that will continue at $50 per barrel. Saudi Arabia has already said that they are prepared to go as low as $50 per barrel and their production costs are under $17 per barrel.

Those of us who have actually been following this rather than getting disinformation from FOX and your MessiahRushie know that Senator Schumer tried to get Canada to accept language that would continue to give the USA favorable treatment, and Canada flat out refused. Canada is counting on increasing the cost to the USA by $3.8 billion to justify the expense of building the pipeline!!!!!

You should actually read what you post. That article specifically states that Canadian oil exported to the US may be re-exported (then again, maybe not), meaning once it's here, it's ours. The article also states that we may use it to replace other imports from Mexico, Venezuela and elsewhere. The increased supply has already driven the global price down significantly. You do understand why, right?
This was lifted from your article:
"Once Canadian crude gets to the Gulf Coast, it might redirect waterborne imports to other parts of the world instead of being re-exported, said Andy Lipow, president of Lipow Oil Associates LLC in Houston. The Gulf Coast imported 4.2 million barrels of crude a day by tanker last week, most of which is heavy oil.
Most of the increase in production is going to be WCS-type barrels, which is what refiners on the Gulf Coast want,” Lipow said. “The first thing that increased Canadian production would compete with is Mexican and Venezuelan crude, which can go elsewhere.”

'The increased supply has already driven the global price down significantly.' FYI; the market is fixed. Prices are down due to the Arabs screwing with Putin.....Which is working.

And no OPEC member can survive on $50/bbl oil. Some of them need in excess of $100/bbl just to stay afloat (pun intended). Push comes to shove, we are looking at a new world order based not on OPEC whim but market forces. Imagine the prosperity in the non-oil producing world at $50/bbl. Frankly, I don't understand the pushback on increased North American production which is GOOD for us. Is it a kneejerk defense of our President's position? Smile ... it's a wonderful day.

A perfect of why Gowdy called GOP voters stupid!!!!
Whether there is a Keystone XL or not, the Oil products will be sent BY TANKER to China, either from the West Coast of Canada to China or the Gulf Coast of the USA to China.

This idiot has been posting this same BS for as long as the KXL has been debated and been told the oil will travel by TANKER no matter what and still he is so stupid he hasn't gotten it yet!!!!

This is why it is said that the Right is so slow!

Whoa! It isn't the right that has been footdraggin' on increased efficiency in North American oil distribution but rather OBAMA and the 41 DEMOCRAT Senators who voted NO.

Forum List

Back