Obama Ditches Thatcher Funeral

Yet another tacky, unstatesmanlike performance from The Won. Neither he nor any active member of his administration will attend Thatcher's funeral. It's a state occasion, given that the Queen is participating. So much for our "special relationship".

Maybe he'll send the family an ipod with some of his speeches as a consolation prize.

I'll also note that the terrorist attack in Benghazi didn't prevent Obama from flying off to Las Vegas for a fundraiser the next day.

Friends and allies of Baroness Thatcher expressed 'surprise and disappointment' last night as it emerged President Obama is not planning to send any serving member of his administration to her funeral.

Whitehall sources have revealed that the US delegation at tomorrow's service in St Paul's Cathedral will be led by two Reagan era secretaries of state: James Baker and George Shultz.

Though President Obama himself had not been expected to attend, there had been speculation that he would be represented either by Vice President Joe Biden or wife Michelle. However, the Obama administration had said it would not be attending Thatcher's funeral before the Boston bombings

Other world leaders, including Canada's Stephen Harper, Mario Monti of Italy and Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk, are attending the service in person.

President Obama paid tribute to Lady Thatcher's towering achievements when her death was announced last week.

But a US embassy spokesman confirmed that no serving member of his administration would be present to pay their last respects, citing a busy week in US domestic politics.

Former US vice president Dick Cheney and ex-secretary of state Henry Kissinger will attend the funeral, Downing Street said today...

Margaret Thatcher funeral: President Obama won't send envoy - and leaves it to her old allies from Reagan era | Mail Online

I thought that the "special relationship" that the U.S. had was between America and Israel.

At least.........................that's what a lot of conservatives have been saying for the past year.

There was a congressman who went because Chavez subsidized heating oil for the poor in his state. Then there was the US ambassador to Venezuela. Anyone else? Doesn't sound like much of a delegation.

Wanna bet the US Ambassador to Great Britain goes to Thatcher's funeral? So far as I know, Great Britain never subsidized heating oil for the poor in this country. Maybe not even in their country.

Doesn't sound like much of a "scandal". You get a "fail". Have to do better.

And this is the proof of my opening statement when I said "and the libtards are equally as sick for not denouncing his actions when he is so wrong".

Over 4 years now and RDean has not condemned or criticized him for anything. He praises him lavishly for everything he does, no matter how wrong or how scandalous. RDean praises him for Bengazi. For Fast & Furious. For $9+ trillion in national debt. :cuckoo:

It's why my posts are directed at conservatives - the only people who can have a rational discussion any more.

and you never will see Dean or LaKunta EVER question anything about what the Democrats or the President do ......they are not able too.....if they try they get bad headaches....

Please..Biden is the uncle you keep in the den watching tv and away from the booze at the family gathering.

Joe is a well known teetotaler. Some of his verbal faux pas may be related to his brain trauma, but not to alcohol, but please....keep insulting both alcoholics and brain traumatized individuals. It reflects so well on you.

Oh please cry me a fucking river.
Guess, what? The president selects a guy who has a psychological issue due to an injury that causes that person to make poor choices in his use of words, he should not be Second in Command of the FUCKING BUTTON!...
You lefties have an excuse for everything.
Don't bother replying. You have been banished to ignore.

why?.....

What do you expect from a President who pays the women on his staff less than the men?

Obama sets the salaries and writes the checks? Really? Wow, I guess he really is a dictator, then.

(Unbelievable how some are so freaking ignorant of how the federal government actually works.)

Edward Heath and James Callaghan, both died in 2005.

Was President Bush invited? Were they small private funerals?

You see for Thatcher's funeral Obama's administration had been invited. It's harder to get an invite to Baroness Thatcher's funeral than it is to get one to a royal wedding once source joked.

Lady Thatcher's funeral is invitation only. It's reached the level of a state funeral. Matching Churchill's.

Were Heath's and Callaghan's private and not state? Because there is a world of difference.

Lady Thatcher, that great "small government" "conservative" was made part of the totalitarian upper class and is now having a state funeral costing the taxpayers millions of dollars. Her funeral is only for the "big people" by special invitation even though the "little people" are paying for it.

You can't do irony this well in fiction.

That seems a minimal expense for such an historical leader, not just for Great Briton but for Women. Don't forget, she didn't simply run a country, she illustrated to Women all over the world that they could too.

Priceless

Are you a sexist?

Was President Bush invited? Were they small private funerals?

You see for Thatcher's funeral Obama's administration had been invited. It's harder to get an invite to Baroness Thatcher's funeral than it is to get one to a royal wedding once source joked.

Lady Thatcher's funeral is invitation only. It's reached the level of a state funeral. Matching Churchill's.

Were Heath's and Callaghan's private and not state? Because there is a world of difference.

Lady Thatcher, that great "small government" "conservative" was made part of the totalitarian upper class and is now having a state funeral costing the taxpayers millions of dollars. Her funeral is only for the "big people" by special invitation even though the "little people" are paying for it.

That seems a minimal expense for such an historical leader, not just for Great Briton but for Women. Don't forget, she didn't simply run a country, she illustrated to Women all over the world that they could too.

Priceless

Are you a sexist?
So you're saying her only good point was that she was a woman? I think it's pretty cool that a woman would get elected to that position but her gender doesn't excuse her lack of accomplishment as leader and her pretense to being a small government conservative makes the cost of this funeral blatant hypocrisy.

Priceless

Are you a sexist?
So you're saying her only good point was that she was a woman? I think it's pretty cool that a woman would get elected to that position but her gender doesn't excuse her lack of accomplishment as leader and her pretense to being a small government conservative makes the cost of this funeral blatant hypocrisy.

Her election to the position, in a country with such rich history and power was truly remarkable in its time, sans anything else, her country and the world owed her one excellent fair well.

I suppose it would make some happier if they just put her on a boat, set it ablaze and pushed her out to sea.....

Wouldn't seem fitting to me

Different strokes I guess

Priceless

Are you a sexist?
Your bleating alone is testament to her accomplishments. It's a bit of a no-brainer which, by definition, even you can understand.

I find it hilarious that no one can name something she accomplished.

She became leader of one of the most powerful nations on earth.

Now list your accomplishment that comes anywhere close to that and we will start discussing how much should be spent on your funeral.

In relative terms, mine should cost around 4 cents.

A complete restructuring of a failing economy for starters. Then she went on to help change the world b bringing an end to the Cold War and seeing to the disingration of the Warsaw Pact and the Soviet Union. Like it or not, she is a towering figure of the 20th century, Bleating about it is not going to change that.

A complete restructuring of a failing economy for starters. Then she went on to help change the world b bringing an end to the Cold War and seeing to the disingration of the Warsaw Pact and the Soviet Union. Like it or not, she is a towering figure of the 20th century, Bleating about it is not going to change that.

If it weren't so pathetic, I'd find it hilarious that Raving Loon is so ignorant of recent history.

The soviets did themselves in...she, like Ronnie, was merely in the right place at the right time.

Try again.

The soviets did themselves in...she, like Ronnie, was merely in the right place at the right time.

Try again.

We kinda helped them by making them spend themselfs into the poor house.

Ronnie and Mrs. Thatcher had a pretty big part in that.

Now go back to sleep, reality sometimes is hard to take.

More here

Margaret Thatcher | Facts Accomplishments Life

Yet another tacky, unstatesmanlike performance from The Won. Neither he nor any active member of his administration will attend Thatcher's funeral. It's a state occasion, given that the Queen is participating. So much for our "special relationship".

Maybe he'll send the family an ipod with some of his speeches as a consolation prize.

I'll also note that the terrorist attack in Benghazi didn't prevent Obama from flying off to Las Vegas for a fundraiser the next day.

Friends and allies of Baroness Thatcher expressed 'surprise and disappointment' last night as it emerged President Obama is not planning to send any serving member of his administration to her funeral.

Whitehall sources have revealed that the US delegation at tomorrow's service in St Paul's Cathedral will be led by two Reagan era secretaries of state: James Baker and George Shultz.

Though President Obama himself had not been expected to attend, there had been speculation that he would be represented either by Vice President Joe Biden or wife Michelle. However, the Obama administration had said it would not be attending Thatcher's funeral before the Boston bombings

Other world leaders, including Canada's Stephen Harper, Mario Monti of Italy and Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk, are attending the service in person.

President Obama paid tribute to Lady Thatcher's towering achievements when her death was announced last week.

But a US embassy spokesman confirmed that no serving member of his administration would be present to pay their last respects, citing a busy week in US domestic politics.

Former US vice president Dick Cheney and ex-secretary of state Henry Kissinger will attend the funeral, Downing Street said today...

Margaret Thatcher funeral: President Obama won't send envoy - and leaves it to her old allies from Reagan era | Mail Online

If The President who you so hate were to go to England in the aftermath of the Boston Bombing you would have started a thread condemning his action. You're a petulant, petty partisans hack, nothing more.

If The President who you so hate were to go to England in the aftermath of the Boston Bombing you would have started a thread condemning his action. You're a petulant, petty partisans hack, nothing more.

Your psychological condition is known as Projection.

Get help.

Forum List

Back