🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama gets UR down to 5.6 in 2 yrs Romney wanted four years to get to 5.9

28 percent of the adult population is no longer contributing to the wealth of the nation through their labor.

How many are retired baby boomers?
Retirees have wealth and investments

Any capitalist will tell you that is more important than labor
Yo Norton - those investments are based on the economy , the market etc... the economy, the market etc... when traced to their root source, they are all derived from labor in one form or another .

BH 10514424
Yet wage growth remains weak. Average hourly pay slipped 5 cents in December.

3. Benefited the wealthy: By any measure, the Bush tax cuts have benefited the wealthy more than the middle class. Here’s a chart, based on data from the Tax Policy Center, showing the distributional breakdown of the Bush tax cuts before they were amended on Tuesday. Going forward, the top 1 percent of earners will benefit much less -- though still quite a bit.

The legacy of the Bush tax cuts in four charts - The Washington Post

The December fall in wage growth was said to be due to all the part time workers for retail during Christmas. Are you for increasing the Federal minimum wage which would address that?

However most economists recognize that the UR must fall to take the pressure off labor to have more leverage on their side when establishing wage rates.
Interesting that you managed to work Bush into your response even though I did not bring him up in any way shape or form but given your SN I shouldn't be surprised it's probably a reflex thing on your part. As for the minimum wage I have said more than once I support an increase in it but not doubling it to $15.00 dollars an hour as some demand.

BH 10515610
Interesting that you managed to work Bush into your response even though I did not bring him up in any way shape or form but given your SN I shouldn't be surprised it's probably a reflex thing on your part

It's more interesting that you object to my bringing one of the primary causes of stagnant wages in the middle class. Are you saying that we can't mention the Bush tax cuts because they have no impact on the economy today?

It's more interesting that you object to my bringing one of the primary causes of stagnant wages in the middle class. Are you saying that we can't mention the Bush tax cuts because they have no impact on the economy today.

You can't call Bush tax cuts one of the "primary causes of stagnant wages in the middle class," without being a batshit crazy fool.

You can't call Bush tax cuts one of the "primary causes of stagnant wages in the middle class," without being a batshit crazy fool.

You can if you are a Moon Bat.

Those morons believe that any money earned by an individual is better spent by a government bureaucrat, elected by special interest, than spent by the person that earned it.

They want all the money earned by somebody else (other than themselves) to go to the government to be redistributed for social justice reasons.

That is just the way those mutherfvckers roll.

BH 10515610
Interesting that you managed to work Bush into your response even though I did not bring him up in any way shape or form but given your SN I shouldn't be surprised it's probably a reflex thing on your part

It's more interesting that you object to my bringing one of the primary causes of stagnant wages in the middle class. Are you saying that we can't mention the Bush tax cuts because they have no impact on the economy today?
It's rather silly to bring someone up who has not been President for five years now. However if you insist on bringing up Bush and the Bush tax cuts don't you think you should mention in 2010 Obama extended them? That by the way was only for two years so unless there was another extension of them they are no longer in play and if there was well it wasn't Bush who did it.

28 percent of the adult population is no longer contributing to the wealth of the nation through their labor.

Yo Norton - those investments are based on the economy , the market etc... the economy, the market etc... when traced to their root source, they are all derived from labor in one form or another .

We will have to revoke your conservative credentials

Working is for deadbeats and suckers. All workers are lazy and too stupid to be rich people.
Our society depends on those wealthy enough to have investments. Take care of the one percent and prosperity will trickle down

People much smarter than me can say the Bush tax cuts contributed to widening income equality. Stagnant wages for the middle class and higher higher income for the wealthy is what makes income equality what it is.

. 2. Fueled income inequality: This chart from the Congressional Research Service suggests that the Bush tax cuts, which significantly reduce top marginal tax rates and capital gains rates, helped widen income inequality in the 2000s. As the report says, “as the top tax rates are reduced, the share of income accruing to the top of the income distribution increases — that is, income disparities increase.” This chart shows how the percentage of income flowing to the top 0.1 percent of earners increases as top tax rates decrease.

The legacy of the Bush tax cuts in four charts - The Washington Post

Now what do you have to say?

We will have to revoke your conservative credentials

Working is for deadbeats and suckers. All workers are lazy and too stupid to be rich people.
Our society depends on those wealthy enough to have investments. Take care of the one percent and prosperity will trickle down

Our society depends on those wealthy enough to have investments.

Wrong again Norton - can't you just for once be right about something ? Sometimes I think you really are a conservative trying to make Liberals look bad - I mean geesh - even Liberals aren't as dumb as you pretend to be .....uh .... you are pretending ......right ?

No Little Fella - Our society depends on those industrious and ambitious enough to produce the goods and services to fuel the economy and support the investments ...Too complicated for You ?

This is too funny. Obama has been in office SIX YEARS.

And would you care to count the millions who have dropped off the unemployment rate statistics because they've given up looking for work?

Do you know what the **average** unemployment rate was for Bush's 8 years? 5.2 percent.

Last edited:
Dumbasss Libtards. This is the reason why Obama got the unemployment "rate' down:

Labor Force Participation Matches 36-Year Low 92 898 000 Out of Labor Force CNS News

Labor Force Participation Matches 36-Year Low; 92,898,000 Out of Labor Force

(CNSNews.com) - A record 92,898,000 Americans 16 and older did not participate in the labor force in December, as the labor force participation rate dropped to 62.7 percent.

The labor force participation had also been 62.7 percent this September, but prior to that had not been that low since February 1978, which was 36 years ago the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today.

The labor force participation rate is the percentage of the civilian noninstitutional population who either had a job or was actively seeking one during the month. Those not in the labor force neither had a job, nor sought one.

This is too funny. Obama has been in office SIX YEARS.

And would you care to count the millions who have dropped off the unemployment rate statistics because they've given up looking for work?
You mean retirees?

So now you're changing your tune. :lol: You've gone from "primary cause" to "contributed."

No. I wrote the Bush tax cuts were one of the primary causes of income disparity. As one of the primary causes of income disparity it surely contributed to it. Why do you think it doesn't?

SE 10519005
Make up your mind.
Use your mind. And if yours actually functions you need to explain why the Bush tax cuts as one of the primary causes of income disparity does not contribute to income disparity. I could have said "the Bush tax cuts were one of the primary contributors to income disparity" since it is saying the same thing. You are avoiding engagement in an argument that you cannot win.

SE 10516053
You said I can't call the Bush tax cuts one of the primary causes of stagnant wages in the middle class. But you cannot tell me why not. You have already lost the argument.

Forum List

Back