🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama gets UR down to 5.6 in 2 yrs Romney wanted four years to get to 5.9

Obama's numbers are because jobs have been eliminated, not because people are getting jobs. That is what reduced the unemployment rate. Romney would have increased jobs available and increase real employment.

You think the economy is improving? Think Clinton years, think bubble.

Thank god Romney didnt get to put his slow jobs policy in place.

U.S. Adds 252,000 Jobs In December; Unemployment Rate Declines To 5.6%

AP/HuffPost Posted: 01/09/15 08:31 AM ET Updated: 3 hours ago
The U.S. economy added 252,000 jobs in December, as the unemployment rate fell to 5.6 percent, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday.

U.S. Adds 252 000 Jobs In December Unemployment Rate Declines To 5.6

“I can tell you that over a period of four years, by virtue of the policies that we’d put in place, we’d get the unemployment rate down to 6 percent, and perhaps a little lower,” Romney says in aTime magazine interview.

Romney vows to lower unemployment rate to 6 percent by end of first term TheHill

When Romney was projecting in 2011 that he would get the unemployment rate down to 6% by 2016 the CBO was projecting the UR to be at 5.3% with Obama's policies in place by then. You'd have to be a fool to vote for Romney after he said that. He must not have known what the CBO was projecting for 2016. Since he was talking out of his behind anyway Romney should have promised to get to 5% by 2016 if he thought he could do better than Obama.

So it is getting impossible for Republicans to claim and be believed that Obama's has a failed policy on unemployment and the economy,

Their guy in 2008 was proposing a failed jobs policy as a campaign pledge.

The Obama Regime wants you to believe that the unemployment problem is actually improving. The jobs problem has been so horrendous during their tenure that they desperately need an illusion of good economic news, and none could be better than promoting the notion that more people are working now than last month or last year.

It's all typical Liberal / Obama doublespeak / newtalk nonsense.

They are cherry-picking the data. It's telling the story in a way that makes things seem rosier than they actually are in reality. By looking at one set of numbers while ignoring other s, you end up with a totally different picture.

The Federal government counts a person who is self-employed and earns $100 a year as "employed" and it also counts a person who works one hour a week as "employed."

To be counted as officially unemployed, a person must have actively looked for work some time in the past month. If you have not looked for work in the past month, for whatever reason, you are not counted as unemployed.

The government uses two different numbers to express unemployment. These are known as the U-3 and U-6 unemployment figures.

U-3 is the 'official' unemployment rate. It measures people without jobs who have actively looked for work within the past four weeks.

As usual OBAMA LIES

Labor force participation rate and hourly wages are what matter more...if you believe the the bureau of lies and statistics you're being conned.
You do realize that the labor force participation rate is calculated by..... The Bureau of Labor Statistics, right? Guess you're being conned.

Unemployment rate's drop is not nearly so encouraging. It's obvious that unemployment is "improving" only if you pretend that millions of American workers no longer want jobs.

If the participation rate were 66.2% — where it was when the economy fell into recession in December 2007 — the jobless rate would be 10.7%. Again, when you exclude millions of people, the unemployment rate looks a whole lot better than it really is.

The number of people reported as not in the labor force rose to 89.304 million in February from 89.008 million in January, which is a new record. It means that 28 percent of the adult population is no longer contributing to the wealth of the nation through their labor.

The Independent Report Why the Official Unemployment Rate is so Deceiving

The gov would never lie or try to manipulate your behavior would they? I mean there is absolutely no evidence of that ever happening is there?

What is the lie by the government in any of the data that I have presented on this thread? Sure government's lie. It is just that they are not lying in how they calculate the unemployment rate. Is there a lie that you think needs to be discussed? Let's see what it is then?

Unemployment rate's drop is not nearly so encouraging. It's obvious that unemployment is "improving" only if you pretend that millions of American workers no longer want jobs.

I'm not pretending anything. I believe Americans have the freedom to not want jobs. My daughter quit working earlier this year to finish her last year in college and wants to get her masters degree at a local university. She's invited to stay in our home so we both can afford it.

Are you saying everybody who can work has to work or be seeking work?

The gov would never lie or try to manipulate your behavior would they? I mean there is absolutely no evidence of that ever happening is there?

What is the lie by the government in any of the data that I have presented on this thread? Sure government's lie. It is just that they are not lying in how they calculate the unemployment rate. Is there a lie that you think needs to be discussed? Let's see what it is then?
Deceitful practices and manipulative misleading reporting techniques - creative book keeping 101 - all the same genre of under handed tactic used to distract from reality - If thats not Lies - than I don't know what is.

28 percent of the adult population is no longer contributing to the wealth of the nation through their labor.

I'm not pretending anything. I believe Americans have the freedom to not want jobs. My daughter quit working earlier this year to finish her last year in college and wants to get her masters degree at a local university. She's invited to stay in our home so we both can afford it.

Now you're clutching at straws - don't be ridiculous. The exclusionary factors such as students - have always existed and the effect on the over-all numbers are minuscule

GreenBean, how many are retired and how many are ill or injured or disabled?

Your raw stat by itself is meaningless.

What are you stalking me Jake ? every thread I post on - you reply to . Get a life little fella ,and your post doesn't even warrant a reply

I believe Americans have the freedom to not want jobs.

And their means of support would be ...... Mommy , Daddy, The Welfare System ... or perhaps they should live off the land eating rats and squirrels that they cook over an open fire .......... than again they could allways collect used cans and bottles - but wait isn't that OMG --- WORK !?

What are you stalking me Jake ? every thread I post on - you reply to . Get a life little fella ,and your post doesn't even warrant a reply

(1) whining like a little Yurt, which he always does after stalking me because I destroyed his arguments as easily as I do yours

(2) we post in the same type of threads

(3) how may are retired etc

(4) your silly posts deserve notice

Thank god Romney didnt get to put his slow jobs policy in place.

U.S. Adds 252,000 Jobs In December; Unemployment Rate Declines To 5.6%

AP/HuffPost Posted: 01/09/15 08:31 AM ET Updated: 3 hours ago
The U.S. economy added 252,000 jobs in December, as the unemployment rate fell to 5.6 percent, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday.

U.S. Adds 252 000 Jobs In December Unemployment Rate Declines To 5.6

“I can tell you that over a period of four years, by virtue of the policies that we’d put in place, we’d get the unemployment rate down to 6 percent, and perhaps a little lower,” Romney says in aTime magazine interview.

Romney vows to lower unemployment rate to 6 percent by end of first term TheHill

When Romney was projecting in 2011 that he would get the unemployment rate down to 6% by 2016 the CBO was projecting the UR to be at 5.3% with Obama's policies in place by then. You'd have to be a fool to vote for Romney after he said that. He must not have known what the CBO was projecting for 2016. Since he was talking out of his behind anyway Romney should have promised to get to 5% by 2016 if he thought he could do better than Obama.

So it is getting impossible for Republicans to claim and be believed that Obama's has a failed policy on unemployment and the economy,

Their guy in 2008 was proposing a failed jobs policy as a campaign pledge.
As a community organizer, Obama has certain tricks that millionaire Romney didnt

(1) whining like a little girl

(2) we post in the same type of threads

(3) how may are retired etc

(4) your silly posts deserve notice
That's fine Jake - consider yourself Ignored - have a nice Life

[

*facecpalm*

Jobs being eliminated is what causes the unemployment rate to go UP.
Full employment is based on the number of available jobs unfilled (due to the economy) to people actually working. If the number of available jobs is reduced, unemployment rate goes down artificially.

Pred 10509021
Not fooled by W is apparently very easily fooled by Obama.

Kosh 10508622
And you just ousted yourself as a far left drone..

I see a pattern being developed here. There is no attempt to refute the facts or the Romney quote that has been presented to conservatives. Stumped them both.

What is far left about citing facts? If far left is citing facts what is wrong with it?

What am I fooled by? Can you explain your argument PredFan?

Ha ha, whatever you have to tell yourself moron. Your argument has been debunked so many times it isn't funny, but yet you ignorant lefties keep telling the same lies over and over. There is really no benefit to trying to convince you idiots that you are wrong.

We just point at you and laugh.

Forum List

Back