Obama got nearly all he wanted yet the economy goes backwards

Whether you like it or not, the economy got worse under FDR until the start of WW2. Is it that painful to acknowledge reality?

I know that's right wing spin, but for the first 5 years of FDR's presidency the DOW rose almost 400%. Then there was a recession that was eased a bit with the build up to war, but after that the DOW actually went DOWN at the beginning of the war. The 1929 peak wasn't matched until 1955, so to put the blame on FDR's policies is more an indication of political bent than actual fact.

Dow Jones Industrial Average (1900 - Present Monthly) - Charting Tools - StockCharts.com

And their first response is to blame the GOP. Will these dems EVER assume any responsibility?

There was a cut in government spending.

So the economy took a small hit.

This is what austerity looks like.

Why aren't you CHEERING IT?

:eusa_eh:

Show us the cuts, get us the numbers, do it now or you lied. I wana see real cuts.

Imaginary cuts in planned spending increases apparently have negative impacts on the economy in today's world.

WTF is up with a windbag.

Just what is it that you think will happen to the economy when the Federal Government is spending less money? You think the economy will grow? Why?

So when people (like myself) point out that FDR was saved by WW2 and the destruction of the rest of the world as to why the economy had a boom I want people like TM and Swallow to realize that they too now agree and fully support ww3... The policies of Obama and FDR were shit, devastated the economy, but war and destruction of other countries can spawn an economic boom when they need you to re-build their country.

Leave it to progressives to be 100% against war under a Republican then fully support war under a Democrat. Now military spending cuts = austerity and should be avoided at all costs!

I can't agree with the bolded line above. The Great Depression and the Great Recession, which really did devastate the economy, were not caused by FDR or BHO or their economic plans for recovery. We were the big winners in WWII.

Whether you like it or not, the economy got worse under FDR until the start of WW2. Is it that painful to acknowledge reality?

Nope. The worst you can say is that we had sluggist growth until the we got into the war production business. He didn't take office until 1933. Thge depression started at the end of 1929.

So when people (like myself) point out that FDR was saved by WW2 and the destruction of the rest of the world as to why the economy had a boom I want people like TM and Swallow to realize that they too now agree and fully support ww3... The policies of Obama and FDR were shit, devastated the economy, but war and destruction of other countries can spawn an economic boom when they need you to re-build their country.

Leave it to progressives to be 100% against war under a Republican then fully support war under a Democrat. Now military spending cuts = austerity and should be avoided at all costs!

I can't agree with the bolded line above. The Great Depression and the Great Recession, which really did devastate the economy, were not caused by FDR or BHO or their economic plans for recovery. We were the big winners in WWII.

Oh My God!..

When will you realize that anything you learn about economics and history from Fox News is just wrong?

fredgraph.png

Oh My God!..

When will you realize that anything you learn about economics and history from Fox News is just wrong?

fredgraph.png

OMG! When will you idiots realize this thread is about NOW not the 1930's

Oh My God!..

fredgraph.png

Sorry, but we "the idiots" believe that we should learn from history, otherwise we are bound to repeat past mistakes.

Oh My God!..

fredgraph.png

And the thread premise is wrong. The economy is not going backwards. That is nutter crazy talk and wishful thinking on your part.

Oh My God!..

fredgraph.png

Sorry, but we "the idiots" believe that we should learn from history, otherwise we are bound to repeat past mistakes.

Well the "idiots" clearly didn't learn a damn thing because the inept president was elected DESPITE the terrible economic mess of his first four years.
And more to your point we don't live in the industrial age anylonger so the lessons are kinda dated and useless.

Well the "idiots" clearly didn't learn a damn thing because the inept president was elected DESPITE the terrible economic mess of his first four years.

Haven't you been told that it was all GOP fault?

Oh, and by the way:

fredgraph.png

Last edited:
And their first response is to blame the GOP. Will these dems EVER assume any responsibility?

There was a cut in government spending.

So the economy took a small hit.

This is what austerity looks like.

Why aren't you CHEERING IT?

:eusa_eh:

That's what I want to know? And you ain't seen nothing yet. When Repubs get their way and the real across the board cuts in spending kick in, the economy is gonna do exactly what the rethugs have been trying to get it to do for a while.......go back into a recession.

Then Rethugs will blame Obama. Because he did what they wanted done. Cut spending.

Rock and a hard place is where Obama is.

Rock and a hard place is where Obama is.

Poor baby...He ran for this office.
If he feels he's in over his head he can quit.

Shaddup you fucking faggot.

You're lucky TM doesn't bitch slap you. And send you crying home to your lover, Rand Paul.

:eusa_drool:

But, Ilia....Obama has been such a fucking mess! Damn your charts to hell!!!

Facts. We don't need no stinkin facts!!!!

:eek:

What's unemployment again? How many have left the workforce?

We were losing jobs at a rate of 600,000 per month when Obama took the office. Six month later that trend was reversed and the recovery began.

As for why the recovery was relatively slow, two words: GOP obstructionism. Republicans were blocking any attempts of additional stimulus. Worse, they were trying to bully Obama into austerity and Fed into tightening its policy.

Forum List

Back