Obama: Government Should Have A Role In Telling Facebook And Google ‘Rules’ For What ‘Facts’ Are

From the link in the OP...

When it comes to government intervention of social media companies, he noted that other countries like China have government-controlled media.

"That's not who we are, and that's not the society I want to live in."
oh i'm sorry. i missed this fight for press freedom as he attacked Fox news for 8 years.

Wait, so you think the POTUS attacking specific media outlets is a fight against the freedom of the press?
the POTUS needs to stay out of media issues.

yes, trump included.

Hey, something we can agree on! :11_2_1043:

When it comes to government intervention of social media companies, he noted that other countries like China have government-controlled media.

And we should believe liar of the year....because?????

Obama claims that “the internet is dangerous”……… because everyone is supposed to have the same opinion and independent thinking is a huge threat to the crazy left wingers

How can the internet be dangerous?

Between cats playing the piano and guys like you pretending you have a clue about the issues of the day,

the internet is mostly just a cartoon show.

So then you don't believe the Russians did anything to be concerned about?

Because I can read...

Because I can read...

That’s a plan Obama himself could potentially be in support of. In his talk at MIT, he said that government should create “rules of the road” to help guide platforms — though, he noted that doesn’t equate to government control of media. “That’s not who we are,” he said. “And that’s not the society I want to live in.”

That sounds to me like he's proposing government censorship.

Because I can read...

That’s a plan Obama himself could potentially be in support of. In his talk at MIT, he said that government should create “rules of the road” to help guide platforms — though, he noted that doesn’t equate to government control of media. “That’s not who we are,” he said. “And that’s not the society I want to live in.”

rules of the road?

from a gov that gets hacked on a regular basis?

Because I can read...

rules of the road?

from a gov that gets hacked on a regular basis?

That is a good point

Obama claims that “the internet is dangerous”……… because everyone is supposed to have the same opinion and independent thinking is a huge threat to the crazy left wingers

How can the internet be dangerous?

Between cats playing the piano and guys like you pretending you have a clue about the issues of the day,

the internet is mostly just a cartoon show.

Tell that to Barry the Magnificent

oh i'm sorry. i missed this fight for press freedom as he attacked Fox news for 8 years.

....on a roll.

Because I can read...

That pretty much sums it up.

Because I can read...

So when someone says they specifically don't want to control the media, it somehow sounds like they're saying they want to control the media; as in Censor it. Is reading comprehension a lost art, because certainly it seems to be one in this thread. When you help guide someone you don't force them into things, it's like when a school counselor gives you advice.

Jesus the mental gymnastics people will do.

Because I can read...

So when someone says they specifically don't want to control the media, it somehow sounds like they're saying they want to control the media; as in Censor it. Is reading comprehension a lost art, because certainly it seems to be one in this thread. When you help guide someone you don't force them into things, it's like when a school counselor gives you advice.

He said he wanted to censor the internet. What part of "he said that government should create rules of the road to help guide platforms" didn't you understand?

Because I can read...

He said he wanted to censor the internet. What part of "he said that government should create rules of the road to help guide platforms" didn't you understand?
Guide being the pertinent term.

Because I can read...

If they aren't enforced, then what is the point? "Guide" means laws enforcing censorship, or it's meaningless bullshit.

Because I can read...

If they aren't enforced, then what is the point? "Guide" means laws enforcing censorship, or it's meaningless bullshit.
No. It means guidelines.

Because I can read...

He also said you would save $2500 dollars and everyone could keep their policy

Forum List

Back