Obama grants clemency to 95 for Christmas

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Its a good start...

Obama grants 95 Christmastime pardons and commutations

It was the largest single-day grant of clemency of Obama's presidency. He has now commuted the prison sentences of 184 people, more than any president since Lyndon Johnson (226) and surpassing the combined number of those granted by presidents Carter, Reagan, George H.W. Bush, Clinton, and George W. Bush (117).
Most of the commutations to shorter sentences dealt with drug offenses. The two pardons involved counterfeiting and bank fraud.

I have no objection to shortening sentences for things like possession of drugs. However, letting armed bank robbers and other armed robbers off early kinda sends an inconsistent message regarding the evils of guns, doesn't it?

Or is this obama's notion of "common sense" gun control?

I have no objection to shortening sentences for things like possession of drugs. However, letting armed bank robbers and other armed robbers off early kinda sends an inconsistent message regarding the evils of guns, doesn't it?

"Most of the commutations to shorter sentences dealt with drug offenses. The two pardons involved counterfeiting and bank fraud."

It's a broad illustration of libturd "common sense".

"Most of the commutations to shorter sentences dealt with drug offenses. The two pardons involved counterfeiting and bank fraud."
The full paragraph from your article. "Most of the commutations to shorter sentences dealt with drug offenses, but also included 15 gun crimes — usually while committing a drug offense — and one armed bank robbery. The two pardons involved counterfeiting and bank fraud."

Last edited:

The full paragraph for your article. "Most of the commutations to shorter sentences dealt with drug offenses, but also included 15 gun crimes — usually while committing a drug offense — and one armed bank robbery. The two pardons involved counterfeiting and bank fraud."

Have to see the actual cases

Guns and drugs tend to go together

The full paragraph for your article. "Most of the commutations to shorter sentences dealt with drug offenses, but also included 15 gun crimes — usually while committing a drug offense — and one armed bank robbery. The two pardons involved counterfeiting and bank fraud."

Only in the ghetto.

HAHA awesome

HAHA awesome

Anyone want to take a guess at the ethnicity of the released?

Otherwise you just got caught being a typical libtard, dishonest.

Right, but remember drug crimes are non-violent. At least that's what the regressives keep saying. In my opinion no drug crime is non-violent, because they support violent organizations.

Who knows, Barry Hussein might still be in contact with his druggie buddies in Chi Town but most of the drug based pardons are related to ...gasp...lobbyists. I'd be more curious to know which lobbyist organizations influenced the president to disregard Constitutional law and order sentencing.

Its a good start...

It was the largest single-day grant of clemency of Obama's presidency. He has now commuted the prison sentences of 184 people, more than any president since Lyndon Johnson (226) and surpassing the combined number of those granted by presidents Carter, Reagan, George H.W. Bush, Clinton, and George W. Bush (117).
Most of the commutations to shorter sentences dealt with drug offenses. The two pardons involved counterfeiting and bank fraud.
Barrys judgement can't be trusted, him being a intellectual lightweight and his addiction to teleprompters...

Right, but remember drug crimes are non-violent. At least that's what the regressives keep saying. In my opinion no drug crime is non-violent, because they support violent organizations.
So did alcohol during prohibition

That 95 is on top off all the Muslim terrorists he has released from Gitmo and all the friggin criminal illegals that he has let out of jail.

Then you can add the millions of illegals that broke the law coming into this country that the asshole won't do anything about.

Its a good start...

He granted it to crack dealers........he plans on increasing the crime rate.......remember the crack wars of the 90s......these guys were the ones fueling it...and he is letting them out.....the communities they return to are about to get more violent and dangerous. Democrats do not care about blacks.

Its a good start...

He granted it to crack dealers........he plans on increasing the crime rate.......remember the crack wars of the 90s......these guys were the ones fueling it...and he is letting them out.....the communities they return to are about to get more violent and dangerous. Democrats do not care about blacks.

I remember the crack hysteria in the 90s. Crack was given tougher sentences than the cocaine favored by white kids

We have 2.5 million filling our prisons
It does not keep us safer

Forum List

Back