Obama has an epiphany. Finally admits we are at war.

The nudge nudge wink wink approach by Bush was one of the reasons the American people threw my party out of office. Make no mistake about it: the loons represent less than 10% of America.

I saw this vid for the first time and all I could say is I'm proud of Bush.

He's not giving away secrets like you assholes want...and he's telling us that he's gonna do whatever it takes within the law to protect us....and what do the Dems do? They change the damned laws.

It's refreshing to see a President that actually gives a damn.

For President Bush :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Lauer is such a douche bag.

The waterboarding of those master terrorists thwarted a terrorist attack of a plane into a Los Angeles building.

Before being waterboarded they were uncooperative, and when asked about future terrorist attacks they responded "soon, you will know".

Lauer is such an arrogant prick. What if he was in the LA building that was going to have a plane smashed into it? What if he or his family was on that plane?

President Bush was spot on. He was doing everything he could within the law to protect americans, despite the democrats, and he WAS SUCCESSFUL.

It's too bad that the democraps don't understand that we are in a war with unlawful combatants and that treating them to tea and croissants isn't going to thwart future terrorist attacks.

You know....if I were President and got caught advocating torture techniques...I'd think the easiest way to get off the hook is to make some vague references to vague plots that were vaguely foiled by torturing a few suspects. Sorry, can't give you evidence...National Security and all *wink *wink. You'll just have to take our word for it. *wink *wink. (Don't worry, our minions are happy to be 'convinced' that was justification for torture, they like torture anyways)

CNSNews.com - CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style Attack on Los Angeles

Before he was waterboarded, when KSM was asked about planned attacks on the United States, he ominously told his CIA interrogators, “Soon, you will know.”

According to the previously classified May 30, 2005 Justice Department memo that was released by President Barack Obama last week, the thwarted attack -- which KSM called the “Second Wave”-- planned “ ‘to use East Asian operatives to crash a hijacked airliner into’ a building in Los Angeles.”

KSM was the mastermind of the first “hijacked-airliner” attacks on the United States, which struck the World Trade Center in New York and the Pentagon in Northern Virginia on Sept. 11, 2001.

After KSM was captured by the United States, he was not initially cooperative with CIA interrogators. Nor was another top al Qaeda leader named Zubaydah. KSM, Zubaydah, and a third terrorist named Nashiri were the only three persons ever subjected to waterboarding by the CIA. (Additional terrorist detainees were subjected to other “enhanced techniques” that included slapping, sleep deprivation, dietary limitations, and temporary confinement to small spaces -- but not to water-boarding.)

This was because the CIA imposed very tight restrictions on the use of waterboarding. “The ‘waterboard,’ which is the most intense of the CIA interrogation techniques, is subject to additional limits,” explained the May 30, 2005 Justice Department memo. “It may be used on a High Value Detainee only if the CIA has ‘credible intelligence that a terrorist attack is imminent’; ‘substantial and credible indicators that the subject has actionable intelligence that can prevent, disrupt or deny this attack’; and ‘[o]ther interrogation methods have failed to elicit this information within the perceived time limit for preventing the attack.’”

The quotations in this part of the Justice memo were taken from an Aug. 2, 2004 letter that CIA Acting General Counsel John A. Rizzo sent to the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel.

Before they were subjected to “enhanced techniques” of interrogation that included waterboarding, KSM and Zubaydah were not only uncooperative but also appeared contemptuous of the will of the American people to defend themselves.

“In particular, the CIA believes that it would have been unable to obtain critical information from numerous detainees, including KSM and Abu Zubaydah, without these enhanced techniques,” says the Justice Department memo. “Both KSM and Zubaydah had ‘expressed their belief that the general US population was ‘weak,’ lacked resilience, and would be unable to ‘do what was necessary’ to prevent the terrorists from succeeding in their goals.’ Indeed, before the CIA used enhanced techniques in its interrogation of KSM, KSM resisted giving any answers to questions about future attacks, simply noting, ‘Soon you will know.’”[/COLOR]

After he was subjected to the “waterboard” technique, KSM became cooperative, providing intelligence that led to the capture of key al Qaeda allies and, eventually, the closing down of an East Asian terrorist cell that had been tasked with carrying out the 9/11-style attack on Los Angeles.

The May 30, 2005 Justice Department memo that details what happened in this regard was written by then-Principal Deputy Attorney General Steven G. Bradbury to John A. Rizzo, the senior deputy general counsel for the CIA.

“You have informed us that the interrogation of KSM—once enhanced techniques were employed—led to the discovery of a KSM plot, the ‘Second Wave,’ ‘to use East Asian operatives to crash a hijacked airliner into’ a building in Los Angeles,” says the memo.

“You have informed us that information obtained from KSM also led to the capture of Riduan bin Isomuddin, better known as Hambali, and the discover of the Guraba Cell, a 17-member Jemaah Islamiyah cell tasked with executing the ‘Second Wave,’” reads the memo. “More specifically, we understand that KSM
admitted that he had [redaction] large sum of money to an al Qaeda associate [redaction] … Khan subsequently identified the associate (Zubair), who was then captured. Zubair, in turn, provided information that led to the arrest of Hambali. The information acquired from these captures allowed CIA interrogators to pose more specific questions to KSM, which led the CIA to Hambali’s brother, al Hadi. Using information obtained from multiple sources, al-Hadi was captured, and he subsequently identified the Garuba cell. With the aid of this additional information, interrogations of Hambali confirmed much of what was learned from KSM.”

...In the memo itself, the Justice Department’s Bradbury told the CIA’s Rossi: “Your office has informed us that the CIA believes that ‘the intelligence acquired from these interrogations has been a key reason why al Qa’ida has failed to launch a spectacular attack in the West since 11 September 2001.”

The nudge nudge wink wink approach by Bush was one of the reasons the American people threw my party out of office. Make no mistake about it: the loons represent less than 10% of America.

Your Party, the liberoidal Democrat Parody, is IN office, ya lying nimrod.

Again: nobody buys your bullshit. You are clearly a liberal Democratic. Like that other fraud, "rightwinger," who chose a dishonest username, your claim that YOU are a member of the GOP is laughable.

If you were part of the GOP, you are a prime example of what's WRONG with that fucking Party.

In case you missed the point of my previous post

1) Waterboarding had very strict restrictions

2) The arch terrorists would not reveal information about further terrorist attacks simply taunting them by saying "soon, you will know"

3) The information obtained stopped a second wave of 911 by thwarting a terrorist attack of a plane into a LA building

For President Bush :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Lauer is such a douche bag.

The waterboarding of those master terrorists thwarted a terrorist attack of a plane into a Los Angeles building.

Before being waterboarded they were uncooperative, and when asked about future terrorist attacks they responded "soon, you will know".

Lauer is such an arrogant prick. What if he was in the LA building that was going to have a plane smashed into it? What if he or his family was on that plane?

President Bush was spot on. He was doing everything he could within the law to protect americans, despite the democrats, and he WAS SUCCESSFUL.

It's too bad that the democraps don't understand that we are in a war with unlawful combatants and that treating them to tea and croissants isn't going to thwart future terrorist attacks.

You know....if I were President and got caught advocating torture techniques...I'd think the easiest way to get off the hook is to make some vague references to vague plots that were vaguely foiled by torturing a few suspects. Sorry, can't give you evidence...National Security and all *wink *wink. You'll just have to take our word for it. *wink *wink. (Don't worry, our minions are happy to be 'convinced' that was justification for torture, they like torture anyways)

CNSNews.com - CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style Attack on Los Angeles

Before he was waterboarded, when KSM was asked about planned attacks on the United States, he ominously told his CIA interrogators, “Soon, you will know.”

According to the previously classified May 30, 2005 Justice Department memo that was released by President Barack Obama last week, the thwarted attack -- which KSM called the “Second Wave”-- planned “ ‘to use East Asian operatives to crash a hijacked airliner into’ a building in Los Angeles.”

KSM was the mastermind of the first “hijacked-airliner” attacks on the United States, which struck the World Trade Center in New York and the Pentagon in Northern Virginia on Sept. 11, 2001.

After KSM was captured by the United States, he was not initially cooperative with CIA interrogators. Nor was another top al Qaeda leader named Zubaydah. KSM, Zubaydah, and a third terrorist named Nashiri were the only three persons ever subjected to waterboarding by the CIA. (Additional terrorist detainees were subjected to other “enhanced techniques” that included slapping, sleep deprivation, dietary limitations, and temporary confinement to small spaces -- but not to water-boarding.)

This was because the CIA imposed very tight restrictions on the use of waterboarding. “The ‘waterboard,’ which is the most intense of the CIA interrogation techniques, is subject to additional limits,” explained the May 30, 2005 Justice Department memo. “It may be used on a High Value Detainee only if the CIA has ‘credible intelligence that a terrorist attack is imminent’; ‘substantial and credible indicators that the subject has actionable intelligence that can prevent, disrupt or deny this attack’; and ‘[o]ther interrogation methods have failed to elicit this information within the perceived time limit for preventing the attack.’”

The quotations in this part of the Justice memo were taken from an Aug. 2, 2004 letter that CIA Acting General Counsel John A. Rizzo sent to the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel.

Before they were subjected to “enhanced techniques” of interrogation that included waterboarding, KSM and Zubaydah were not only uncooperative but also appeared contemptuous of the will of the American people to defend themselves.

“In particular, the CIA believes that it would have been unable to obtain critical information from numerous detainees, including KSM and Abu Zubaydah, without these enhanced techniques,” says the Justice Department memo. “Both KSM and Zubaydah had ‘expressed their belief that the general US population was ‘weak,’ lacked resilience, and would be unable to ‘do what was necessary’ to prevent the terrorists from succeeding in their goals.’ Indeed, before the CIA used enhanced techniques in its interrogation of KSM, KSM resisted giving any answers to questions about future attacks, simply noting, ‘Soon you will know.’”[/COLOR]

After he was subjected to the “waterboard” technique, KSM became cooperative, providing intelligence that led to the capture of key al Qaeda allies and, eventually, the closing down of an East Asian terrorist cell that had been tasked with carrying out the 9/11-style attack on Los Angeles.

The May 30, 2005 Justice Department memo that details what happened in this regard was written by then-Principal Deputy Attorney General Steven G. Bradbury to John A. Rizzo, the senior deputy general counsel for the CIA.

“You have informed us that the interrogation of KSM—once enhanced techniques were employed—led to the discovery of a KSM plot, the ‘Second Wave,’ ‘to use East Asian operatives to crash a hijacked airliner into’ a building in Los Angeles,” says the memo.

“You have informed us that information obtained from KSM also led to the capture of Riduan bin Isomuddin, better known as Hambali, and the discover of the Guraba Cell, a 17-member Jemaah Islamiyah cell tasked with executing the ‘Second Wave,’” reads the memo. “More specifically, we understand that KSM
admitted that he had [redaction] large sum of money to an al Qaeda associate [redaction] … Khan subsequently identified the associate (Zubair), who was then captured. Zubair, in turn, provided information that led to the arrest of Hambali. The information acquired from these captures allowed CIA interrogators to pose more specific questions to KSM, which led the CIA to Hambali’s brother, al Hadi. Using information obtained from multiple sources, al-Hadi was captured, and he subsequently identified the Garuba cell. With the aid of this additional information, interrogations of Hambali confirmed much of what was learned from KSM.”

...In the memo itself, the Justice Department’s Bradbury told the CIA’s Rossi: “Your office has informed us that the CIA believes that ‘the intelligence acquired from these interrogations has been a key reason why al Qa’ida has failed to launch a spectacular attack in the West since 11 September 2001.”

*wink *wink

Brought to you by the same Cheney led CIA that gave us Yellow Cake, Mushroom Clouds and WMDs in Baghdad.

*wink *wink

In review, we can conclude that Lieability and 'whistle are loons.

"In review?" :cuckoo:

No no.

You are just being a bombastic asshole again.

The evidence, instead, supports the conclusion that you suck at debate and have no ability to persuade anybody of anything.

Logic, reason, honesty, facts: all alien concepts to you. You are irrationally hostile to all of them.

End of story.

He never did do what he said, get bin Laden, and there is this: Inside the Oval Office | The Weekly Standard

and this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-sHxr-995o&NR=1

Talk about lying and no empathy, LOL.....

And then there is just didn't know WHAT THE HELL was going on!!!

too funny/pathetic.....

He's not giving away secrets like you assholes want...and he's telling us that he's gonna do whatever it takes within the law to protect us....and what do the Dems do? They change the damned laws.

What damned laws did they change?

Rendition....and that Waterboarding was torture.

This is not the first time. When Reagan was President they made it illegal to sell arms to the Contras in Central America..

Last edited:
:razz:
[B said:
Lieability[/B];1883570]

No no.

The evidence, instead, supports the conclusion that you suck at debate and have no ability to persuade anybody of anything.

Logic, reason, honesty, facts: all alien concepts to you. You are irrationally hostile to all of them.

End of story.

:razz::razz::razz::razz::razz: You are projecting your own inner issues, Lie.

So you think we should be sending people off to foreign countries to be tortured? And you disapprove of a law stopping that?

And you think "they" changed a law on waterboarding? Hasn't it been classified as torture since before WWII and we even prosecuted, convicted, and executed Japanese military members for using it? Then how could those "damn laws" have been changed under Bush...he wasn't even alive then.

[B said:
Lieability[/B];1883570]

No no.

End of story.

Your undue reliance on the term "projection" reveals that this is yet another term you have no actual grasp on.

No. I am not projecting. I am revealing things about you that your posts already reveal about you.

You may not enjoy what gets revealed, but that's your fault and your problem, Jokey.

This is not the first time. When Reagan was President they made it illegal to sell arms to the Contras in Central America..

Yeah....that didn't stop Reagan who was above the law, did it? And look how well that turned out with his deals with the Iranians and the example he set by pulling our Marines out of Beirut after the bombing that he sent them there pretty much undefended for in the first place.

You can't hide it. Your hate. You wish for a terrorist attack because you hate obama more than you care about americans or solving problems.

What a douchebag thing to say. Considering the source, such douchebag posts are not unexpected.

But some examples of bent tight's enormous capacity for being a mega-douche are worse than others.

You have absolutely no imagination. Either stop whining or find a way to make it entertaining.

drop your pants and bend over...............here she comes right up your ass. or is down you throat. how can we tell the diff?????

[B said:
Lieability[/B];1883570]

No no.

End of story.

Your undue reliance on the term "projection" reveals that this is yet another term you have no actual grasp on.

No. I am not projecting. I am revealing things about you that your posts already reveal about you.

You may not enjoy what gets revealed, but that's your fault and your problem, Jokey.

:razz::razz::razz::razz::razz: You are projecting your own inner issues, Lie. I am quite comfortable with the fact that I have smacked you down in every discussion we have had. You have not been able to handle your own at any time. So you will just have to live with the smack.

:razz::razz::razz::razz::razz: You are projecting your own inner issues, Lie. I am quite comfortable with the fact that I have smacked you down in every discussion we have had. You have not been able to handle your own at any time. So you will just have to live with the smack.

Again with the misuse of that term of psychology? :cuckoo:

Nobody cares that you are "comfortable" in your delusions, Jokey.

The FACT is, you are just a joke.

S5001327.jpg

S5001328.jpg

*wink *wink

Brought to you by the same Cheney led CIA that gave us Yellow Cake, Mushroom Clouds and WMDs in Baghdad.

*wink *wink

Nice try, but the CIA memo was declassified by Obama.

That only shows that Pres. Bush had integrity. He could have declassified it, and told the liberals what idiots they are, but he didn't.

So you think we should be sending people off to foreign countries to be tortured? And you disapprove of a law stopping that?

And you think "they" changed a law on waterboarding? Hasn't it been classified as torture since before WWII and we even prosecuted, convicted, and executed Japanese military members for using it? Then how could those "damn laws" have been changed under Bush...he wasn't even alive then.

Fucken idiot. Clinton signed it into law.

He seemed to think it was essential.

Waterboarding in it's present form has only recently been deemed illegal. Mainly because nobody knew anything about it till the media started popping off about it...at the behest of the Democrats.

Obama's never admitted that we are at war except for all those times that he said we are at war ....
:lol:

It is kind of funny that the crybabies here need a constant daily reminder that terrorists want to kill us. Maybe we could have signs printed up...or maybe Obama could announce every morning that we are at war lest someone forget.

Forum List

Back